Hi all. I have had a trip planned to the Tampa area for the week of New Years for a while now. Low and behold, Michigan is coming down to visit too. I am conflicted on whether or not to go.
Why I'm on the fence:
- Two years ago I skipped a chance to go to the Citrus Bowl while I was down there and had a memorable time doing cannon balls with my son into my aunt's pool after every Michigan TD. This could be the plan again.
- Heading to the Citrus Bowl was a much longer drive than the Outback Bowl would be, so I feel as though I should take advantage of my proximity to the game.
- I have two kids that love them some Michigan Football, but are of an age that their attention will probably wane by the time halftime is over. Also that makes 3 tickets to buy.
- I fly in on the 31st, so I'd have to be on top of my game to pull off getting to the noon kickoff time the next day. I'm not big on stress during vacation.
- I attended both the Wisky game the The Game, so maybe it's best that I stay away.
- I always love to watch my Wolverines in person, and it's great brainwashing for the kids.
So tell me what you think. Anyone that has attended an Outback Bowl - how was the venue, parking, overall enjoyment level? Anyone with insight on how best to score tickets as cheaply as possible?
I am legitimately torn on this.