Guy not playing countersource says his source says urban has been let go

Submitted by poseidon7902 on August 19th, 2018 at 9:20 PM

IMG_1220.JPG

Comments

kevbo1

August 19th, 2018 at 10:08 PM ^

I'll believe it when I see it happen.  The investigative committee is completing their report and I thought the BoT was going to be meeting about it during the week with a 24 hour public notice.

uminks

August 19th, 2018 at 10:26 PM ^

If Urbz and OSU part ways there is already a plan in place to bring in Stoops, may be as early as the 3rd game.  For some reason I think the BoT will keep Urbz.

evenyoubrutus

August 19th, 2018 at 11:19 PM ^

That's ridiculous. The theory is that Day is being given a chance to audition for the job if Meyer is let go. Maybe they'll go after Stoops, but I doubt there is any seriousness to that rumor that they've already decided on him as plan B.

And if it's true, that would be fine with me. That's like getting Lloyd Carr for the 2nd half of his head coaching career.

Ibow

August 19th, 2018 at 10:26 PM ^

I’ve read thru a bunch of comments on this thread. All I can say is I hope it’s true. Gosh I hope it’s true. Can’t stand the guy.

lhglrkwg

August 20th, 2018 at 10:00 AM ^

Nah. It's because he pretends like he's some good family man guy, but he slept with co-eds and kept all kinds of low lifes around in Gainesville and now he covered up for Zach Smith for years. He's not a good guy. And even worse he's a not-good guy pretending to be a good guy. I'm wondering if he'll start having heart trouble again sometime soon...

Alumnus93

August 19th, 2018 at 10:34 PM ^

Drake passed the buck to the Regents vote, which washes his hands of it, and now it'll be viewed as anonymous, if, say the vote was 5 vs 3... nobody will know the 3 yes votes...   so I won't be surprised if this is true....

ST3

August 19th, 2018 at 11:38 PM ^

There are 20 Board members, so a 5-3 vote would be odd.

The point of my snark is that we keep viewing this situation from our own shoes. (The other misconception is that the Board has to answer to the voters. They don’t. The Governor appoints them.)

It’s quite possible that the Trustees actually take their roles seriously (unlike at say, MSU) and Meyer will be shown the door. I’m not holding my breath, but I’m not ruling it out either. Time will tell.