Before, during or after the PSU game on Saturday, stop by the Cancer Support Community's Charity Beer Garden and save on a pint of craft beer flowing from 10 taps. You can also grab some Slows Bar BQ and a seat out of the sun and in front of a big screen.
Mention MGoBlog a the ID/ticket table and your $6 craft beer is $5.
Find it at 327 E. Hoover Ave., adjacent to Elbel Field, immediately east of the railroad tracks (used to be Purchase Radio Supply) and kitty-corner from the MMB's Revelli Hall
This and every game day, you'll find:
- 10 taps with local craft beers (plus bottled water, Coke/Diet/Sprite)
- indoor seating in the warehouse
- two big screen TV's for GameDay, pe-game, the game, post-game,
- family-friendly--bring your kids
- cash or credit cards
...and 100% of beer sales benefit the charity!
Thanks, in advance, for the support of the MGoBlog community.
We all have our gameday routines, right, but what do you do when you're already on your way to the Big House and you feel a sudden urge for great barbeque or a cold pint? Head to the south end of Elbel Field and visit Detroit's own Slows Bar BQ food truck and a Charity Beer Garden hosted by the local Cancer Support Community (100% of beer revenue goes to the CSC).
Closest beer to the Big House...and for a great cause!
Find it at 327 E. Hoover Ave., adjacent to Elbel Field and immediately east of the railroad tracks.
What to expect when you arrive:
- Slows Bar BQ, a Detroit destination, parked a block from the Big House
- 10 taps flowing with local craft beers (bottled water if you need a non-alcoholic thirst quencher)
- indoor seating in a warehouse converted into a yard bar: LED string lights, ceiling fans, community tables...you know the deal
- two big screen TV's showing College GameDay, the early game, the Michigan game, and the late game
- an atmosphere welcoming to home and visiting fans
- family-friendly--yes you can bring your kids
- don't want to carry too much cash--yes, you can use credit cards
- open before, during and after the game
- and yes...bathrooms
Eat and drink for charity!