Lions vs Rams ... it's football!
After the Monday night game Ben Roethlisberger made a few interesting comments about roughing the passer penalties.
"There's a lot of them," Roethlisberger said. "I don't want to criticize the officiating, especially when you're talking about a penalty that helps the quarterback out... I can't imagine the fans at home are enjoying it too much."
This new NFL rules are really making things difficult to watch. The new targeting rules aren't so bad, but the new rule about allowing the full weight to land on the QB is just nonsense.
Aaron Rodgers pulls a Paul Pierce and comes back from what appeared to be a if injury to win after the Packers find themselves in a 20 - 0 3rd qtr hole.
I'm not a Packers fan but you have to tip your cap when you see excellence at work. It was a very entertaining game.
Just watching this game, and noticing how little Jabrill is involved in it. He is lined up as a true free safety. The perfect position for him is at nickel corner or some sort of hybrid space player as he was used in college. That way he could be closer to the line of scrimmage and play the run more often. When he was at Michigan it felt like he was involved in almost every play. For Cleveland, he is just a bystander...
It's possible that Cleveland doesn't have the right personnel to compliment him so Williams has to use him in a way that doesn't take advantage of his skillset but still, to line him up as a free safety? It's a waste of his abilities.
How all former Michigan football players fared in NFL week one action:
• Richard Ash (Played at U-M from 2010-13), DT, Dallas Cowboys: Got cut by the Cowboys, but was signed to the team’s practice squad.
• Ben Braden (2013-16), OG, New York Jets: Made New York’s practice squad as an undrafted free agent.
• Tom Brady (1996-99), QB, New England Patriots: Completed just 16 of 36 passes for 267 yards with no touchdowns in a 42-27 loss to Kansas City.
• Alan Branch (2004-06), DT, New England Patriots: Recorded two solo tackles in the 42-27 home defeat at the hands of the Chiefs.
• Jake Butt (2013-16), TE, Denver Broncos: Still working his way back from the ACL injury suffered in the Orange Bowl … Started the season on the physically unable to perform list and will be out for at least the first six games.
• Taco Charlton (2013-16), DE, Dallas Cowboys: Played in a 19-3 win over the New York Giants, but did not register a tackle.
• Jehu Chesson (2013-16), WR, Kansas City Chiefs: The rookie played in the Chiefs’ 42-27 win at New England, but didn’t catch a pass.
• Frank Clark (2011-14), DE, Seattle Seahawks: Notched one tackle and a half sack in a 17-9 loss at Green Bay.
• Jeremy Clark (2013-16), S, New York Jets: The rookie did not play in the preseason, still rehabbing from his ACL injury suffered early last year … Was moved to the reserve/Non-Football Injury list Sept. 1.
• Blake Countess (2011-14), S, Los Angeles Rams: Registered three tackles (two solo) in a 46-9 win over Indianapolis.
• Amara Darboh (2013-16), WR, Seattle Seahawks: Played in the 17-9 loss at Green Bay, but didn’t catch a pass.
• Devin Funchess (2012-14), WR, Carolina Panthers: Caught two passes for 20 yards in a 23-3 win at San Francisco.
• Ben Gedeon (2014-16), LB, Minnesota Vikings: Started and notched two tackles in a 29-19 win over New Orleans on Monday night.
• Graham Glasgow (2012-15), OG, Detroit Lions: Started at guard in a 35-23 win over Arizona.
• Ryan Glasgow (2013-16), DT, Cincinnati Bengals: Notched one tackle in his NFL debut, a 20-0 loss to Baltimore.
• Brandon Graham (2006-09), DE, Philadelphia Eagles: Compiled two sacks and two tackles for loss among four total stops in a 30-17 win at Washington.
• David Harris (2003-06), LB, New England Patriots: Made one tackle in the 42-27 loss to Kansas City.
• Chad Henne (2004-07), QB, Jacksonville Jaguars: Served as the backup signal-caller for the Jaguars’ surprising 29-7 win at Houston.
• Willie Henry (2013-15), DT, Baltimore Ravens: Was inactive for a 20-0 victory over Cincinnati.
• Delano Hill (2013-16), S, Seattle Seahawks: Missed Seattle’s 17-9 loss at Green Bay due to a shoulder injury.
• Kyle Kalis (2013-16), OG, Washington Redskins: The undrafted free agent was signed to the Redskins’ practice squad after a solid camp.
• Taylor Lewan (2010-13), OT, Tennessee Titans: Started at tackle in a 26-16 loss to Oakland.
• Jourdan Lewis (2014-16), CB, Dallas Cowboys: Had been injured in camp with a hamstring, but still made the 53-man roster … Missed the Cowboys’ 19-3 win over the New York Giants. Expected to suit up this week.
• Erik Magnuson (2013-16), OL, San Francisco 49ers: Made the team as an undrafted rookie free agent, but was not active for the Niners’ 23-3 loss to Carolina.
• Patrick Omameh (2009-12), OG, Jacksonville Jaguars: Started in the Jaguars’ 29-7 win at Houston.
• Jabrill Peppers (2014-16), S, Cleveland Browns: Started at safety in a 21-18 loss to Pittsburgh, and notched four tackles and broke up a pass … Also returned three punts for 33 yards, including a 25-yarder, and one kick 14 yards.
• Thomas Rawls (20010-13), RB, Seattle Seahawks: Did not play in the 17-9 loss at Green Bay due to an ankle injury.
• Jake Rudock (2015), QB, Detroit Lions: Did not play in a 35-23 win over Arizona other than as a holder.
• Jake Ryan (2010-14), LB, Green Bay Packers: Started and notched two tackles (one solo) in the Packers’ 17-9 win over Seattle.
• Michael Schofield (2010-13), OT, Los Angeles Chargers: Signed with the Chargers after being waived by the Broncos … Did not appear in the 24-21 loss to the Broncos on Monday night.
• De’Veon Smith (2013-16), RB, Miami Dolphins: Made Miami’s practice squad as a rookie free agent.
• Channing Stribling (2013-16), CB, Cleveland Browns: Was unable to make the 53-man roster as an undrafted free agent, but was the last addition to the team’s practice squad.
• Dymonte Thomas (2013-16), S, Denver Broncos: Played well enough in the preseason to make the practice squad as an undrafted free agent.
• Fitz Toussaint (2010-13), RB, Pittsburgh Steelers: Was signed to the Steelers’ practice squad after being cut.
• Jarrod Wilson (2012-15), S, Jacksonville Jaguars: Played in the Jags’ 29-7 win at Houston, but did not record a tackle.
• Chris Wormley (2014-16), DT, Baltimore Ravens: Didn’t dress for the Ravens’ 20-0 win over Cincinnati.
Those who were waived following camp:
• Kenny Allen, P, Baltimore Ravens (2013-16): Punted well, but couldn’t make the team.
• Brennen Beyer (2011-14), DE, Baltimore Ravens: Released after two years with the team after signing an injury settlement with the team.
• Matt Godin (2013-16), DT, Houston Texans: Had been playing well with four tackles in two preseason games before tearing his ACL and getting waived … He’ll miss his rookie year.
• Joe Kerridge (2012-15), FB, Green Bay Packers: Reached an injury settlement with the team after injuring a calf before the final preseason game.
There was some talk that Chad Henne had won the open competition this offseason, and was going to be a Week 1 NFL starter.
The Jaguars have named Blake Bortles the starting quarterback. It's a surprising turnaround for a player whose... https://t.co/q3kVkbMXc7— Michael DiRocco (@ESPNdirocco) August 26, 2017