I have 2 spots open sim-style Big Ten Dynasty. The available teams are Illinois and Michigan State. If interested, please post your PSN here along with the team you want and I'll send an invite and more information. The dynasty is All American for skill and recruting and 7 minute quarters. We have a great group of mgoblog users and are doing the offseason prior to season 4 tonight (9:15 PM EST) and will be starting the season tomorrow.
I will be starting a NCAA 12 Dynasty in the next couple days or so. If you are interested, leave your PSN in this thread and comment on the possible formats we can use. I will send out invites once we have decided on a format and the rosters are updated (and named).
- This will be a sim style league. Sim style means that you play the games like it would be played on Saturday's (no running up the scores, exploiting possible glitches, etc). Here is a video that goes much more in-depth about some issues (I will not be as strict as the video is about these potential problems) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ-N4IMbGbU
- All American or Heisman Difficulty for Game Playing and Recruting (Haven't decided yet)
- 7 or 8 minute quarters
- Will advance a week every 24 to 48 hours (hopefully closer to 36 hrs).
- No Time Savers
- No resets unless you have a valid reason. I won't kick out anyone for resetting games until it starts becoming continuous. I understand that something might happen (game freezes due to bad connection, etc).
- The rosters will be updated before we start this dynasty. I used gamingtailgates rosters for NCAA 11 and they were very good.
- Twelve users (or more if possible) in one of the following formats:
- A one conference league, meaning all 12 teams would stay in the same conference (Big Ten, Pac 12, etc). Thus, every conference game (and the conference championship) would be a user game but all the bowls would be against the CPU. Recruiting would be more intense since all teams would be going after similar recruits due to closer geographic locations.
- Two conferences (6 users in each). It would give each person about 4 or 5 user conference games and then we could set up a conference challenge for the non-conference games (1 or 2 per user). I think there could also be a way to line up the bowl games so they would all be between the two conferences. The conference who wins the challenge could receive bonuses in the future seasons, like the ability to sign an extra recruit, home games in the next season challenge, etc.
- Multi-conferences. For NCAA 11, we had two teams in each of the 6 BCS conferences. It limited the amount of user games and there wasn't much competiton among recruiting.
- Coaching Carousel: NCAA 12 has implemented a new coaching carousel, where you can start with a coordinator position at a low level school and work your way up to head coach at a 5 or 6 prestege school. Although, this sound extremely interesting, I don't think I want to take this dynasty in that direction. I'd rather have users stick with a school once they choose it and build it up (or keep it as a national power).
- I'm leaning to option #2 above but if the majority of the people want one of the other one's, we could change it. Also, we could edit the conferences to make them more appealing. I don't want to drastically change them but can make minor changes (maybe TCU and Boise to the Pac 12, ND to the Big Ten, create the Pac-16, etc)
- There will be a website for this league which I will post when we get going. Much more information will be on it.