Last one of the year. Ira’s here for Sam.
- Is Shea Patterson eligible to be eligible yet?
- Big Ten Basketball: bounce-back? Depends on who comes back. “If Fernando gets good advice he’ll be advised ‘you will not develop any more at Maryland.’”
- Jaren Jackson translates into Kwame Brown? Dad said go back to school to get more mature.
- Craig watched Iggy Brazdeikis film from two years ago. Comps: Scottie Pippen, Jalen Rose, James Harden, but less athletic, still really athletic. Those guys are A+ he’s an A. Right-handed but shoots left. Not a great off-the-dribble shooter but will knock it down on catch and shoot.
- Nunez: Tim Hardaway-level perfect shot.
- Johns: Should be the new Duncan Robinson.
- DeJulius: Derrick Walton with his shot already developed, especially in his off-the-dribble stuff. Love to have a late shot great idea again, and a free thrower. PG is hardest job to do well in Beilein’s system, but shooting makes him useful before he gets there.
- Austin Davis can be Jordan Morgan plus a couple inches. Never give up on a big until they’re a junior and can’t play any defense at all.
- Spring things: Missed having a spring game to sanity-check the spring football bits. We believe in Dwumfour, but the JBB hype says the freshmen can’t pass protect yet; worry if he’s still starting in fall.
- Patterson scout: Tate Foricer’s problem wasn’t football. Lost faith in Peters? Irrelevant; what’s important is Patterson seems to be a better quarterback right now.
- End of season takedump: softball and baseball y’all! Natalya Rodriguez has such feet—got charged with an error that’s a hit with anyone else on the field. Baseball started 4-11 and now on a 20-game win streak! Damn the Big Ten: why can’t you have the softball/baseball schedules opposite during conference season so there’s a game every weekend.
You can catch the entire episode on Michigan Insider's podcast stream on Podbean.
THE USUAL LINKS
- Helpful iTunes subscribe link
- General podcast feed link
- Direct download link
- What's with the theme music?
I bet you Ira that Jon Reschke’s sixth or seventh year of eligibility is ruled on before they get to Shea.