[photo: Bryan Fuller]
So after a long time away, we can partner with DraftKings again. If you weren't here in the before-time, the deal is my friend works there, and from time to time he gets them to sponsor an evening post here. I pick a game for the MGoFaithful to play, you get to play for free, and if you actually know what you're doing, you win money.
We never got to do an Pro Football Team Pick 'Em before, and that's actually my favorite type of league to play in, so I'm stoked that they finally have that. The link:
To clarify, there is $1M in the whole pool—the top prize gets $100,000, and everyone who gets all their picks correct in the pool splits $300,000. Just pick the outright winner in each game and if you pick half right you win. The challenge won't lock until 1:00 PM EST on September 9.
Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details
- Indianapolis over Cincy—Always pick against Ohio.
- Baltimore over Buffalo—Buffalo's starting Nathan Peterman. Why?
- New Orleans over Tampa Bay—Brees is going to have a career year.
- New England over Houston—As long as Tom Brady is breathing. You know, whatever he breathes.
- San Francisco over Minneapolis—Riding Garoppolo until he loses.
- Miami over Tennessee—Did you remember Tennessee made the playoffs last year? Neither did I.
- Jacksonville over New York—Saquon is going to find his new line isn't any better than his old one
- Pittsburgh over Cleveland—Always pick against Ohio, whatever that Spartan's whining about this week
- Kansas City over San Diego—Bolts always start so crappy. My upset pick.
- Denver over Seattle—Butt's healthy, Seahawks on their way down
- Arizona beats Washington—Both are Wrong Answers. Taking the home team.
- Green Bay over Chicago—It's been happening for 20 years.
- Detroit WINS! A FOOTBALL GAME! THAT COUNTS!
- LA beats Oakland—Wonder who's going to look worse when the weekend's over, Jon Gruden or Herm Edwards?
DraftKings is an MGoBlog sponsor, and I play on there as MGoSeth. My personal views of the games and strategies above do not necessarily reflect the view(s) of DraftKings, and when I play I may sometimes deploy different players and strategies than what I recommend above (like, I didn't this time, but I could still talk myself out the hometown pick). I am not an employee of DraftKings and do not have access to any non-public information.