Am I the only one who half expects Luke Fickell do go into Opera Man or some other Adam Sandler character at his press conferences? I mean , who ever heard of "Luke Fickell" before,,,,,,maybe this IS Sandler!
Story from the World Wide Leader. Points of interest:
- Father Kip is a big Indiana fan, though it's unclear if this emerged solely due to his son Dusty's place on the team or if it's a lifelong affair
- The question was not 'Why Indiana?' - Instead, "Kiel and the people close to him prefer a different question: Why not Indiana?"
- Creating a legacy of upturn for the program is one appealing point
- Family of QBs who have yet to transfer
- Counting other older family members "this fall marks the 13th year since 1977 with a Kiel as the QB at the high school."
- Gunner felt right about the Hoosiers by mid-July
- The choice came down to Indiana over Alabama. Oklahoma and Missouri followed closely.
Kind of shows to choose your rumors carefully.
Washington OL Joshua Garnett was originally planning on visiting Michigan for the Ohio State game. That changed, though, and he's now going to be in for the Notre Dame game on September 10th.
He has a top 11 right now, which Michigan is in. He plans on cutting that list down soon, and since he's already planning on visiting you can bet Michigan will be in the short list as well.
Just something to keep in mind, he and commit Erik Magnuson have become pretty good friends lately. Magnuson will also be in Ann Arbor for the Notre Dame game.
A day after losing Mikel Leshoure to a season-ending Achilles injury, the Lions signed Jerome Harrison and Mike Bell to fill the spot in the offensive backfield.
It's kind of funny because both players were traded for each other last year, and are joining forces this year.
I was really looking forward to seeing Leshoure be our bell cow this year, but Harrison is a solid RB and Bell isn't to shabby himself. Hopefully they can help get the Best out of our RB Corp.
Title says it all. We'll find out if he goes blue or if our additional DB commit will come from Yuri Wright instead. Both good options, in my opinion.
2001 Citrus Bowl vs Auburn on BTN now, followed by 2011 basketball vs MSU, then 2003 vs Minnesota. Great night to watch some Michigan sports.
Would be a perfect fit for Dallas ("America's Team" and self-centered fan base, much like his alma mater), if of course he is eligible for the supplemental draft.
In other unrelated news, Mike Valenti is a tool. Even on twitter! http://twitpic.com/63ou5u
With its acquisition of NBC from GE now complete, cable TV service provider Comcast announced today that it is planning to move some ND games (likely the lower profile ones) from broadcast (NBC) to cable (Versus). This will significantly reduce the number of homes those games reach. This is part of Comcast's strategy to rebrand Versus as NBC Sports. Not sure what this means for the future relationship between Comcast/NBC and ND, but I would think it would not be a plus for ND.