100 days until kickoff vs. Notre Dame. Michigan is slightly favored by another betting outlet, BetOnline.
Other notables there:
State favored by 26 over Utah St
Wisconsin favored by 33 over Western Kentucky
Ohio St favored by 38 in their really tough match up with Oregon St ;-)
Penn St favored by 23.5 over Appalachian St.
Nebraska favored by 20.5 over Akron
Iowa favored by 14 over Northern Illinois
It looks like Michigan has the toughest match up of all big name teams in the BIG 10 on opening weekend.
Two other games that should be great ones that weekend: Auburn vs Washington on Saturday afternoon, before the Michigan night game. And on Sunday night, LSU vs. Miami, at AT&T Stadium, Dallas (JerryLand).
1. Joe Milton. All the good news coming out of camp on Milton is getting me excited. He is pushing all the quarterbacks and putting them on notice. If he is that good, put him in the game, we need to win NOW.
2. Wariner. The offensive line will be better. It has to be better. This is going to be a book for our running backs, which will alleviates pressure on the QB. Running backs improving will benefit our wide receivers. This 2018 offense might be the best we have seen in the last 10 years.
3. Don Brown. He will help our offense improve by showing them the different looks and varieties of defense we will face this season. Steel sharpens steel and nothing is quite as sharp as our defense.
Wolverines are hungry and we are going to feast! this season.
Out of 130 starting NCAA QBs, Athlon has ranked Shea Patterson at #15. This will come as good news to those of you suffering from Shea Patterson Hype Fatigue (SPHF).
Big 10 QBs on the list:
3) Trace McSorely, Penn St
12) Brian Lewerke, Mich St
15) Shea Patterson
25) Alex Hornibrook, Wisconsin
27) Nate Stanley, Iowa
28) Dwayne Haskins, Ohio St
37) Clayton Thorson, Northwestern
44) David Blough, Purdue
52) Kasim Hill, Maryland
68) Adrian Martinez, Nebraska
73) Brandon Dawkins, Indiana
93) Tanner Morgan, Minnesota
110) Artur Sitkowski, Rutgers
116) Cam Thomas, Illinois
Personally, I'm not tired of the hype. I think Shea Patterson together with Jim Harbaugh is a match made in heaven. Having Ed Warinner and Jim McElwain now doesn't hurt either. I'm expecting more than 10 wins this year.
P.S., Brandon Wimbush of Notre Dame is at #43. I'm expecting him to have a very difficult time with Michigan's defense.
Moeller was before my era by a little bit but I am curious what might have happened to Michigan had he never gone to Excalibur that night in Southfield. The guy had a .758 winning percentage and was back to back Big Ten coach of the year.
He might have coached for 15 seasons at that rate (especially given that he had immediate success following Bo).
Do we still win it all in '97 if he is the HC? Do we win more? Interesting to think about.
The B1G wants to move back to 8 conference games. It is a matter of when, not if. The current scheduling arrangement runs through 2021. Some are saying the change could possibly take place in 2020.
Why? They want to even the playing field with the SEC and ACC for access to the CFP. In addition, it reduces scheduling burdens and allows for B1G teams to get back to 7-8 home games on a more consistent basis.