chance of bowl: 13.6%
- Member for
- 6 years 16 weeks
|4 years 41 weeks ago||He will be missed||
I for one will miss his 100 yard sprints!
|4 years 50 weeks ago||Actually||
Not sure what we were thinking going for it on 4th and 10 on Purdue's 20 with 4 1/2 to go.
Kick the field goal, Minors touchdown and we win. Instead we go for it on fourth, play breaks down, we do an option and the rest is history.
Seriously with over 4 minutes to play, you have to get the points hope our D holds them to 3 and out(which is tough to imagine so far this year) and get a chance for the win.
|4 years 51 weeks ago||Overmatched??||
Going against a 1-6 team I would hope our players would not be overmatched!
I am also "All in for Michigan" but this was rough!
|4 years 51 weeks ago||Serious?||
If you look at RR first two seasons at all programs he has coached, the first two years are the "growing pains" (first year being the worst and second year being average to good).
Getting to your second point. If M gets rid or RR, and that is a big "IF" (I think they should keep for at least 1 more year), I would hope they would talk with Brian Kelly. Being from West Michigan I have seen him win (with all programs) for the past 10 + years and since he has moved so often this is with other coaches recruits.
However, I have all the faith in RR which a M fan can have right now so I am going to break down my thoughts. This lose today is a totally blow to my gut! I came away with a couple of thoughts (which I am sure everyone else also saw);
1) A couple of weeks ago people were talking about Devin Gardner switching schools based on Tate's performance. Well since then it is clear that Tate does not protect the ball (whether it is running or scrambling in the pocket), so Devin has all the opportunity to win the starting spot in my mind.
2) Muffed Punts – I have never seen a team (last year and this year fumble as many punts and pretty much give the opponent a 40 yard completion). Thought this would have changed from last year (which it has a little) but any time a team punts, I am almost thinking we should go punt block formation and let the ball bounce where it does (at least we cannot fumble it!) in the process we might loose about 15-20 yards on average (better than giving the opponent a 1st and 10). Our defense is suspect enough no need to give the opponent a 40 yard advantage.
3) Defense is so sporadic in their play. Guys are there for TFL but miss the tackles???? So itsthis the coaches fault or should be blamed on the players in position???
4) Once Roundtree’s touchdown got called back. On third down I believe Brown reached the endzone. Why not review it??? 3 Timeouts left why not?
|4 years 51 weeks ago||It's final||
That my friend trumps all stories!
|4 years 51 weeks ago||Still Daylight out in the video....love it!||
Great stuff! Too many drunkin’stories to tell but here are a few;
1. Friend gets kicked out of a bar (for throwing firecrackers in Derek Jeters VIP room) only to come back 10 minutes later with a sharpie mustache drawn on his face. (He did not get back in)
2. Walking to the dorms one night, my friend (not the same friend) sees the hall directors car outside (who a week earlier took his fake ID) and starts to jump up and down on the hood/roof/trunk of his car yelling racial slurs (HD is African American, friend is white) and his car happened to be about 15 feet away from the HD room.
3. Another friend was walking around a neighborhood at 4 a.m with pots and pans clanking yelling “Chicken or the Egg……Chicken or the Egg” repeatedly. Cops came within 20 minutes and took him to the drunk tank for the night.
4. At a chicks house one night my friend could barely walk. Sees a satellite dish in the yard about 20 yards away(her parents house). Straight bee-line for the dish and takes it out true football stylem all TV’s in the house go out. The girl runs out (5 seconds later) to jump on my friend and jack him in the face about 20 times. Next day I get a call asking me how he got a black-eye!
5. Construction was going on right next to a buddy’s house. Thought he needed to sleep in for once so he decided to put toothpicks and super glue in the ignition of all their bobcats, fork-lifts, etc. (He slept in until 10:30 the next day)
These are all different individuals and one of myself. If you want more I will need money and release forms from my friends.
|5 years 1 day ago||Good stuff||
|5 years 2 days ago||Night Game = everyone passed out by kickoff||
Having a night game that means the tailgaters will be able to drink longer and most likely knew they would passed out before the game even started.
Three years ago a buddy of mine was in EL for the ND night game and saw at least two people passed out around campus on the way to the stadium. They are just keeping the tratition alive!
|5 years 2 days ago||Not sure who dropped the game||
It would not suprise me if ND dropped TCU from their schedule. If that is true then it appears they do try to schedule a tougher non-conference but the BCS teams will not take them up on it.
|5 years 1 week ago||Great story||
Two years ago when we were looking for a head coach I was really hoping Michigan would give Brian Kelly consideration. After State turned him down, I knew he had no shot at the Michigan job. Glad to see him doing well in Cincinnati! With that being said, I would still like to see him as the Michigan head coach down the line. (After RR brings M to BCS games the next 5 out of the next 8 years, with a title in there as well!)
I like when you talk with State about Brian Kelly and their response is "yeah he is playing with all of Dantonio's recruits, what do you expect". Well, that means Brian Kelly has been to more BCS games than Dantonio and that’s not even with his recruits.
I have heard rumblings that if Weis gets the boot, that Notre Dame has Brian Kelly on a short list of canidates. I hope not, because I would not want to face his teams year in and year out. Just as I was happy when State passed on him.
|5 years 1 week ago||Agreed||
A mild concussion explains a lot of what happened later in the game with Tate. Does anyone know when the "concussion" occurred? I am thinking it was in the 3rd when he was in the end zone and got leveled after he over threw Stonum. If I am not mistaken that is immediately before he missed the call and they had to call a timeout.
|5 years 2 weeks ago||Galway Bay||
Cheapest drinks in town, free popcorn, darts, pool, and also a old school Nintendo hooked up to a 42' LCD so you can play Techmo Bowl during halftime. Don't think they have an allegiance to any particular school.
500 W Diversey Pkwy
|5 years 2 weeks ago||I was there this past weekend||
rooting for the Lions and in a bar full of bears fans, never once did I get heckled. Good place right by my friends apartment so we are there often.
|5 years 2 weeks ago||Classic||
|5 years 2 weeks ago||I know of a great one||
about 448 miles to the east.
|5 years 3 weeks ago||2 point conversion||
While watching the game and realizing Michigan had a good chance to score at the end, I had my mind set that Michigan should have gone for the 2 point conversion and the win.
1. Michigan's defense could not stop States offense all day would not expect them to stop them in OT.
2. Michigan's offense had trouble moving the ball most of the day. Michigan had the momentum then and there.
Not trying to be a Monday morning QB, but I had more confidence in Michigan converting a 2 point conversion then dueling it out in OT.
|5 years 4 weeks ago||If Michigan beats them then the Sparty Spiral will be in effect||
That's only one loss in the big ten so they are not yet in full blown "Sparty Spiral". Plus this next week is the game that they are all looking forward to, so if Michigan wins I think MSU goes .500 this season.
|5 years 4 weeks ago||Agreed||
No way ND losses to Purdue
|5 years 4 weeks ago||Clausen vs. Forcier Families||
Someone recently mentioned that the Forcier family and the Clausen family do not get along. Thinking about it, both families have 3 sons all of whom are division 1 quarterbacks and all are relatively the same age (high school rivals?). Does anyone know if this is true or better yet some more back story?
|5 years 5 weeks ago||Recruiting and Gardner||
Does anyone think that since Tate has proven himself as a capable starting QB that this is going to make Devin look elsewhere?
I hope it's just me looking to far into it! I would hope Rich Rod would have a way to work all three QB's in but to young men, that might not be the most appealing situation?
|5 years 7 weeks ago||I would guess a 8 team league with that roster||
or I am playing with the wrong guys and should have been in his league!
|5 years 7 weeks ago||How many teams are in your league...6??||
Good team, but just remember "Guns don't kill people, my fantasy team kills people". (12 Team League, pay for free agents - hence the reason for taking two TE, D's, etc., oh yeah and 4th overall pick). Also this is with a bunch of bankers who apparently know nothing about the NFL expect for the cheat sheets they buy a day before the draft.
1. Matt Forte (plays Lions twice, enough said)
|5 years 10 weeks ago||Muskegon New Coach||
The new coach is Matt Koziak. I believe this is his first job as a head coach. I know he worked with Tony Aneese the past several years either as special teams and/or offensive coordinator during that time. I am pretty sure he played college ball, not sure where though.
|5 years 10 weeks ago||Muskegon||
Muskegon has produced many great football players (Bernie Oosterbaan, Earl Morrell to name a few). In recent years they do send a lot of players to the collegiate levels but not to BCS programs (with the exception of Taylor, Johnson, and Leggett (MSU). I know the 2007 team had 8 players who were said to be D1 caliber, but I believe all went D2 or Junior College. Not sure what it was, but to send that many players (consistently) to collegiate football programs speaks volumes on how well the coaches do in getting their players names out there. For most of these kids college football is their best/only way to receive a higher education, so hats off for that. (Rojo was at Notre Dame's camp as a sophmore, ran the fastest 40 and had the best time in the agility drill)
In their defense the D2 schools most attend are Grand Valley, North Dakota State, and a couple have gone to Northern Iowa so they are going to the top D2 programs.
|5 years 20 weeks ago||Datsyuk||
I personally think Datsyuk has a broken rib. Might have been game 2, but video replay I saw shows him getting rubbed into the boards (grimace) and skating off the ice and has not been on the ice since. I have not seen a replay or noticed Pavel taking a shot in the foot.
In the NHL when they say it's a lower body injury, about 99.9% of the time it's a upper body injury and vice versa.
I think it's a rib because most other upper body injuries (seperated shoulder, etc) the players are back next game. But it's kind of hard to skate with a rib digging into your lungs!
|5 years 20 weeks ago||Abdelkader||
WolvinLA, here you go
Abdelkader really came out of now where this year. Played the whole season with the Grand Rapids Griffins (word on the street is Yzerman and Ken Holland where very impressed with his season, and were in attendance for many of the Griffins games). He was on the roster for last years playoffs but never saw the ice.
I played at the same high school as Justin (although he is 5 year younger than I) so here is his bio
Hometown: Muskegon, MI
High School: Played for Mona Shores High School (won Mr. Hockey as a Junior), spent senior year playing for the Cedar Rapids Rough Riders (USHL). I think Cedar Rapids won the USHL championship this year.
College: Michigan State, scored NCAA Championship game winning goal with :18 seconds left against Boston College (Named Tournaments outstanding player)
He was a second round pick of the Detroit Red Wings in 2005/6?
|5 years 21 weeks ago||Arm||
I hope they keep his innings down so they do not wear out his arm. Keep in mind this is his second year of pro ball, and last year did not pitch that many innings.
|5 years 49 weeks ago||Skee Town Represent||
Well being from Muskegon (as was Bennie) and just transplanted to the Chicago area (also work downtown), I think it is a requirement for me to make Dr. Oosterbaan my PCP. Good post! Know of any dentist with the last name Schembechler? Then I would be set!
|5 years 50 weeks ago||Fucking A||
Well it does not help when....
1. Your DC decides to run a 3-3-5 stack three days before the game. (a defense they have not played all year)
2. Your oppenent has a 2 to 1 advantage in TOP.
3. Your defense consistantly gives up 3rd and longs!
all these = a recipe for giving up 48 points!
|6 years 5 weeks ago||Agree||
Has probably some of the worst topics ever "tell me your favorite memory of Tiger Stadium", or "tell me a movie name that would work for the Detroit Lions", then a bunch of 80+ year olds call him up and forget what they are talking about half way through. Just horrible!
I think the only reason he is still on the air is because he has no competition (at least in West Michigan from 3-6)! And plus his commercials are ear shattering, dude will advertise anything!
If anyone knows of anyother sports talk radio in West Michigan please let me know!