"Jim's a tough guy and you can see his personality is all over this football team," Fitzgerald said.
- Member for
- 4 years 26 weeks
- View recent blog entries
|3 hours 3 min ago||DeBord||
DeBord will make sure that doesn't happen.
|2 days 3 hours ago||First to 10 wins!||
First to 10 wins!
|1 week 1 hour ago||Stanford||
That win over Stanford looks impressive but they looked absolutely terrible in week 1. Don't know if that's a product of having a ton of new starters on D or playing a noon game with a 3 hour time difference. But nonetheless their recent success definitely makes that game look better for NW
|1 week 1 hour ago||Also Butt||
I'd expect Butt to have a big game as he can benefit from receiving shorter passes in length than to our outside receivers.
|1 week 1 hour ago||Good for us||
Sounds like another big game for DeVeon then.
|2 weeks 3 hours ago||Had a rough last week too||
But nonetheless, I like:
1. GT -8 @ Duke- Duke looked terrible against NW. GT beats up inferior opponents and I think they'll crush Duke after a tough loss to ND
2. Vandy @ Ole Miss -25- I know it's a big spread to cover, but I like that it's a 7:00 home game. Ole Miss's offense has been absurd thus far, and I think they will crush Vandy.
3. Tennessee +1 @ Florida- I think UT will be good this year, and I think they're better than Florida
|2 weeks 20 hours ago||Where've you been?||
You didn't hear ProFootballTalk's report? Harbaugh to the Colts is all but a dollar amount away
|2 weeks 23 hours ago||My predictions||
1. Butt gets 1st or 2nd at the worst
2. Wormley 2nd but could creep up to 1st if he continues his TFL production
3. Lewis on 1st team but may fall to 2nd
I also think Peppers will sneak in there somewhere and will definitely get honorable mention. Could also see Glasgow & Kalis get some love on 2nd team or honorable mention.
|2 weeks 1 day ago||Ahh shit...||
|2 weeks 1 day ago||One of those walk into class||
One of those walk into class -> take first open seat in the back row -> looking at laptop all through class kind of guys
|2 weeks 1 day ago||I DESERVE NOTHING LESS!!!!||
I DESERVE NOTHING LESS!!!!
|2 weeks 2 days ago||This doesn't apply yet||
This doesn't apply yet considering the line opened at -5 before any bettors had the opportunity to jump in
|2 weeks 2 days ago||Barry Freaking Sanders?!?!?!||
11 games; 2,628 yards; 7.6 YPC; 37 TDs
|2 weeks 6 days ago||I've used bookmaker for about||
I've used bookmaker for about a year and I'd recommend it
|2 weeks 6 days ago||My 3 bets for this week||
Thought I'd give my bets I've placed this week. I am in no way saying I'm an expert but I do enjoy doing analysis and have done pretty well in the past.
1. Temple -10.5 @ UMass (3:00 Saturday)- Umass is terrible and just got killed 48-14 against Colorado who 1.) had a 2-10 record in 2014 without a win in the Pac 12 and 2.) lost to Hawaii already this year. Temple returned 8 starters on offense and all 11 on defense from last year so I expect their experienced team will do just fine in the hostile environment they're sure to face at UMass... Temple also beat Penn St. by 17 (insent joke about PSU's O-line here) and a decent Cincinnati team by 8; Temple was a touchdown underdog in both these games. Temple's running back Jahad Thomas is also averaging 6.0 YPC and 164 YPG thru 2 games; Umass gave up 350+ rushing yards to Colorado.
2. Duke -3 vs. Northwestern (12:30 Saturday)- I think Northwestern's game against then ranked #21 Stanford is a bit misleading. In my opinion Stanford was way overrated after returning just 2 players on defense from last year, and their offense looked terrible in that first game as well. While it's tough to get a guage on Duke's team this year since they've played Tulane and an FCS team, their offense has taken care of the ball and have dominated those games (like they should have). I like them at home by 3.
3. Virginia Tech -6.5 @ Purdue (3:30 Saturday)- Honestly I just don't think Purdue is very good and I think VT should be able to win by at least a TD, if not many more. Purdue's QB tossed 4 INTs in week 1 against Marshall, and VT has one shutdown corner in Fuller who should be able to lock down half of the field, and VT's defense is usually pretty solid under Beamer. I was also impressed that VT held their own against OSU in the first half before OSU's offense just went off, which was bound to happen at some point. So I think they'll be able to handle Purdue even if it is a road game.
|14 weeks 1 day ago||Cannon||
He's still got it
|18 weeks 6 days ago||Solid quote||
"Someone alert the guy who owns the world's smallest violin, and tell him to bring the double-standard police and the dude who owns the glass house."
|21 weeks 2 days ago||Goodell's Pretty Bad||
I dream of the day the NFL hands out stiffer punishments for hitting a woman than smoking pot
|22 weeks 2 days ago||Couldn't agree more||
I don't have a problem with Frank getting drafted. I hope he's learned from this horrible situation and never has any run-ins with the law again. But for Seattle to say they completed an extensive investigation and learned everything they could is a lie. They knew that gathering all the facts must include hearing from the witnesses and the victim. The NFL can say how much they disapprove domestic violence and run as many ads and campaigns against domestic violence as they want; however, the facts surrounding Seattle's "in-depth" investigation just show that the league and its teams aren't nearly as serious on domestic violence issues as they should be.
|22 weeks 6 days ago||Where's George Mason?||
Where's George Mason?
|22 weeks 6 days ago||Good Point||
If Harbaugh was using the time to let Singletary audition, while also save any chance of pulling together a class, I could see him not being content with missing out on guys like Chris Clark or Roquan Smith. If Harbaugh really does demand excellence, maybe he looked back on his recruiting coordinator and thought things could've been handled differently.
|25 weeks 2 days ago||Harbaugh||
|26 weeks 2 days ago||Jaylen Brown||
Caris has been great for Michigan, and he's outperformed pretty much every expectation we had for him when he committed. But he will be a senior who has struggled with injuries over the last year, and he also struggled a little bit being the number 1 option last season, shooting only 42%. I hope he can go pro and be drafted in the first round still and have a long career in the NBA. That being said, I would rather take Brown and really see what Beilein could do with a player of his caliber. I think another positive of getting Brown is for the future of recruiting. If Belein can land the top recruit in a draft class, I think future top recruits will notice that and, depending on Brown's success, will follow suit in future years.
|26 weeks 2 days ago||No||
Absolutely no. It sounds like a very nice jesture, but no kid is going to give up the scholarship he earned and pick up the tab on over $41,000 tuition per semester. Maybe in the world you're living in that might be a possibility, but not this one.
|26 weeks 2 days ago||He has said that he's going||
He has said that he's going to look at who goes pro on the teams he's deciding between. But even if Caris stays, and the whole scholarship situation is handled, wouldn't Brown have the talent to snag a starting spot anyway? With Walton at 1, and Caris at 2, wouldn't Brown just take either the 3-4 and Irvin would take the other spot? I understand that if Caris leaves, Brown would have a much greater opportunity to be the go-to guy, but even if Levert stays I'd have to imagine he would definitely have a starting spot anyway.
|26 weeks 2 days ago||Worst/Best Case||
Worst case, Caris jumps to the NBA and we don't get Jalen Brown- I think that would put us out of the top 25, but I'd still be confident Belein will have this team in the tournament. Best Case, Caris stays, we do some OSU-type scholarship juggling and we get Jalen Brown too, and I think having a starting 5 of Walton-Levert-Irvin-Brown-Doyle is a very dangerous group, with Dawkins, Spike, Robinson and MAAR as solid contributors off the bench. If the latter happens, watch out. This team will be very deep and dangerous. Even with only one of Levert/Brown I think this team is definitely worthy of its #16 ranking, with the potential for another patented young Belein squad to grow throughout the year and make some noise in next year's NCAA tournament.
|26 weeks 2 days ago||It's a safe bet that either||
It's a safe bet that either Weber or one of these 3 RBs end up leaving the program for "medical reasons" in the next 3-4 years. Gotta open up scholarships somehow!
|26 weeks 2 days ago||According to Rivals rankings...||
We do have some elite talent on our roster.
Derrick Green '13- #1 RB/ #8 overall
Ty Isaac '13- #4 RB/ #27 overall
Jake Butt '13- #5 TE
Shane Morris '13- #4 QB
Drake Harris '14- Was a top 5 WR before injuring his hamstring senior year
Brian Cole '15- #4 Athlete
I know I know, recruiting rankings aren't always accurate. But maybe it was Hoke & Co. failing to develop the talent they recruited. These guys are still young. Let's not write them off as busts just yet and let's see what Harbaugh and his assistants can do with them.
|26 weeks 2 days ago||However it will be less||
However it will be less refreshing if a commitment never comes... But I think it will before next February.
|26 weeks 2 days ago||I have to tip my cap to||
I have to tip my cap to Desmond Fitzpatrick for his fakeout yesterday. It's refreshing to see a recruit have a little bit of fun with his recruitment since it can be a very stressful experience for a young kid.