at least it's not just us?
- Member for
- 5 years 5 weeks
- View recent blog entries
|1 hour 24 min ago||Any company selling a widget||
Any company selling a widget or gadget would listen to the majority and consistent minority on a survey like this. Sadly, I get the feeling this will be one of those "Look for what you want to hear and ignore the rest" kind of surveys. Sigh.
|1 day 3 hours ago||I disagree with your final||
I disagree with your final statement. Trust is earned unless you are put in a position where you have to blindly trust. The guys this coaching staff have recruited have not been around long enough to definitively say we have to trust the coaches. If the team rises to consistent 11-12 win status over the next 2-4 years, then I think you can say you have to trust the coaches, until then, you just have to watch and see.
|1 day 13 hours ago||From the outside this list||
From the outside this list looks funny. A couple points
1) All of these people are highly connected to UT athletics and other people of influence.
2) Most of them have worked in a position where they have been responsible for the relationship between the athletic department and academic representation.
3) They are all tied to or are major donors.
With this list you:
1) Have backroom links to any high level coach you may want to influence to come to UT.
2) Keep the academic school happy.
3) Keep the people who give all the money happy.
4) Send a strong message to the new coach so they understand how important this football thing is deep in the heart of Texas.
|2 days 9 hours ago||Should be a quick read. I'm||
Should be a quick read. I'm guessing a half of page of intrigue and 30 pages of corn for coloring. It's on my Christmas list now. I like to color.
|2 days 10 hours ago||A port-a-potty is a||
A port-a-potty is a destination if you have to go bad enough.
|2 days 10 hours ago||Lame. Not enough uncontrolled||
Lame. Not enough uncontrolled rage. Too many staged statements. Weak. If a coach IS going to rant, they had better rant harder than their players played. Now where's that clip of Mike Gundy I was watching...
|4 days 9 hours ago||A couple comments: 1) This is||
A couple comments:
1) This is a nice piece highlighting one persons expereince. Not to detract from Mack, but most coaches probably have a couple players a year who could tell a story like this.
2) Texas has it's share of corner cutting going on. They do a very good job (i.e. have a lot of money and influence) of keeping it from going public. This is direct from close sources.
3) The disenchantment with Mack comes from multiple issues: A) Mack does not like the Longhorn Network. Not a opopular opinion with certain rich people connected with the program B) An inferiority complex with Texas A&M, Oklahoma, and now Baylor. Ever since A&M moved to the SEC and beat Alabama with a Heisman QB and UT fans had another sub-standard year the fans have been insufferable. C) Missed QB recruits. It really starts and ends with Andrew Luck, but there have been others. D) Expectations. With 2 MNC appearances in a 3-4 year window, the last three years just haven't been acceptable. They lost at home to Iowa State! Imagine Carr's legacy if they had not turned it around after The Horror and Oregon.
|5 days 11 hours ago||I can assure you that answer||
I can assure you that answer is no. UT swings for far bigger fences. Not saying they will connect and they may end up with a lesser candidate because there is some serious behind the scenes turmoil at UT right now.
|5 days 11 hours ago||Funchess and Gallon arguably||
Funchess and Gallon arguably better than Manningham and Arrington? You must like to argue.
|1 week 2 days ago||Ace is dead on with his||
Ace is dead on with his analysis. I will add a little. The easiest comparison to make is to his dad the original Big Dog. I know that is not fair but their body types are so similar it's a good starting point.
1) He has limited to no post game like his dad did. That is huge, because you can not use his height to get match-up advantages on smaller players. That's typically an easy source of points for someone with his height and with that much athletic ability.
2) He does not have a great jump shot. Defenders are able to sag off of him just enough to have the advantage if he does want to drive without getting consistently burned with a jumper.
3) He does not seem comfortable off of the dribble. Forget about having moves, he often doesn't look smooth. Look at the ISU video closely, there are at least two or three times he is driving into the chest of a defender and doesn't even get a good shot off. It's like he struggles coordinating his legs to jump while using his body to shield.
I disagree with Ace in one aspect. A player can learn moves during the season. There is enough support both with coaches and film breakdown. If you go back to the three points above, that gets a little harder to make a big difference on during the season.
Also, this was not meant to bash the kid in any way. These are just my observations.
|1 week 2 days ago||Is he about to spit in his||
Is he about to spit in his ear?
|1 week 2 days ago||There's still more posbang ro||
There's still more posbang ro go around. Have some!
|1 week 2 days ago||Today? Why not? You got my||
Today? Why not? You got my vote!
|1 week 3 days ago||How can you not all be||
How can you not all be nostalgic for the poulan weedeater bowl???
|1 week 6 days ago||We don't really have a choice||
We don't really have a choice do we?
|1 week 6 days ago||I doubt Alabama wants||
I doubt Alabama wants Michigan on their team.
|1 week 6 days ago||Maybe they are twelve years||
Maybe they are twelve years old. Wait...shouldn't they be in bed by now?
|1 week 6 days ago||I think he was a little||
I think he was a little thrown off by the MSU fans booing when he tried to give a little praise to OSU who played well and was 24-0 coming in to this game. Stay classy MSU fans.
|1 week 6 days ago||10-2, 8-4, 7-5 (1-1) in bowls||
10-2, 8-4, 7-5
When fans look at other programs, these are the types of things they base their opinions on. Unless there are severe circumstances which are universally known (sanctions, a history of ineptitude, etc) these results would be acceptable at a mid-tier program but not an elite program for a new coach. Coaches who have a history of elite success are often given a little more leeway over a three year period of their career.
|1 week 6 days ago||Correcting all of your||
Correcting all of your spelling.
|2 weeks 9 hours ago||Now that's funny right there.||
Now that's funny right there.
|2 weeks 9 hours ago||This is one of the many||
This is one of the many reasons why I think how the NCAA is set up is soooo dumb. If I were a school, the same day I created the illegal artwork to woo the recruit I would be drafting up the secondary violation form to send to the NCAA to let them know I did it.
|2 weeks 9 hours ago||Plus Hawkins walked into a||
Plus Hawkins walked into a crap hole of a problem at Colorado.
|2 weeks 9 hours ago||It is important to look at||
It is important to look at where in Cali they are from. It's a huge state and recruiting in the southern part is very different than the northern part.
|2 weeks 9 hours ago||I follow this blog for two||
I follow this blog for two reasons. First and foremost my very unhealthy love of the University of Michigan and its athletic department. The second is for work. Being a guru about digital marketing is what I do for a living. I have been following the trends of this blog and have been curious to see how this was all going to come to a head. We'll all see where this goes but for now...well played Brian...well played indeed.
|2 weeks 2 days ago||To make sure you are all||
To make sure you are all aware of how dillusional the UT fan base is, multiple fans have repeatedly asked me if I think UT still has a realistic chance to land Mike Tomlin. Yes, the head coach of the Pittsburg Steelers who has no significant tie to UT. Yes, they use the phrase "still has", as in, there once was.
|2 weeks 2 days ago||A couple thoughts: 1) most||
A couple thoughts:
|4 weeks 5 days ago||Good chance for the coaching||
Good chance for the coaching staff to teach about better defense and better shot selection.
|4 weeks 5 days ago||Here's a blank check for||
Here's a blank check for imaginary MGoPoints.
|5 weeks 10 hours ago||What a sad state of affairs||
What a sad state of affairs when there is no "Best of the board" for a whole week.