LIST OF WWE PERSONNEL?!?
- Member for
- 6 years 32 weeks
- View recent blog entries
- What color is the dress?
- What colors do you see in this picture?
- That's both an attractive and appropriate avatar. Always liked it.
- With the user name "East German Judge," I'm surprised your avatar isn't Katarina Witt.
- One of these days, I'm going to change my avatar slightly (to another pic of my better half.)
- Camp Randall Stadium, loss vs. Wisconsin, 1993. Terrifying . . . Wisconsin fans severely injured rushing the field (trapped on chain link fence and railing.) LINK: 1993 Wisconsin MIchigan Disaster.
- Michigan Stadium, loss vs. Ohio State, 1981. Missed the opening, because the lines to get in were ridiculous. And Michigan lost.
- 1986 Michigan - Minnesota game. Michigan was ranked #2, and this was supposed to be a gimme game, setting up Ohio State the next week. Michigan stumbled, losing on a field goal at the end, 20 - 17. Michigan would have been in the MNC game had they beat Minnesota. What coulda been. . .
- Gluttony. I like food, and eat too much. Need to cut back on carbs. And processed food.
- Groupon. I've mostly quit, but I think I'm done altogether.
- The Internet. Including MGoBlog. I waste too much time on the Internet, from MGoBlog to FB to the newspaper. When I stopped coming to MGoBlog for more than a month in the Fall, it was . . . liberating. But I might not manage, because I am an addict. I've always been nagged by a quiet question in my head: I sometimes wonder if Brian and Seth cackle knowingly, roll their eyes, and shake their head when looking at the total minutes some users spend on the blog. That's not a list I want to be on.
- I'm not looking forward to alcohol at all.
- I'm not looking forward to giving up alcohol at all.
- Offensive Line. They will finally put it together. To be fair, I think they would have been pretty good anyway, but Drevno will improve them more.
- Secondary. As much as I liked Manning, I think he wasn't in a position of comfort, and between our new DC & also secondary coaches, along with Peppers' return, this unit is going to improve a lot.
- Special Teams. This is an area that is so often overlooked, and it has not be a strength for some time.
- If I had to add a fourth area, it would be QB play. Obvious, with the new bullets, the experience, the brutal competition, and the watchful eye of JH.
- Peppers: he is going to come back with a vengeance.
- Canteen: with a QB with an arm, time to develop a QB relationship, speed, better OL, I see Canteen improving.
- Gedeon: Has shown potential. Will explode.
- Darkhorse: Gentry.
- You believe that Brian was very wrong in sharing the names of Adam Weiss and of Weinberg? This is confusing, because the Michigan Daily named both of them. I guess that's where my major point of confusion is. Was the Daily wrong in publishing their names? When is it appropriate to publish names? When is it inappropriate?
- Adam Weiss (and for that matter, Weinberg) both have public websites. Weiss also has a linkedin account (don't know for Weinberg.) Weiss also had a twitter account. Weiss also had a facebook account. Inside of his accounts, he puts up multiple email addresses through which he can be reached. Was Weiss wrong? Should we not take these public accounts as license to contact him?
- When do you hold young adults accountable? How do you think Weiss should be held accountable?
- So what is Brian allowed to say? Who is he allowed to comment on?
|12 hours 15 min ago||Show me the money||
As said above, this has been discussed in several different ways over the last week or so. Until we see something more definitive, it is just a lot of hearsay. I went to the two links you provided: they show Rudock, but nothing about this pending transfer.
|19 hours 52 min ago||200 - 300 thousand a year not wealthy?||
As mentioned elsewhere, annual income in excess of $250k puts a family in the top 1%. Wealthy.
The fallacy is this. We are so segregated by income in the US that we can easily be surrounded by people in the same income strata. If everyone in your neighborhood has a similar house, similar vehicles, similar income, it is easy to assume you are like "everyone else." The elitism and privilege and cluelessness is mindboggling to me.
|1 day 10 hours ago||Support Sexybits ban||
I support the Sexybits ban. Anyone who wants sexybits knows where to find them. I am very thankful not to find them here. I'll check mgoblog periodically during the work day. The last thing I need is for a member of my church or visitor to my office to see some jiggly sexy bits bouncing across my monitor. That would pretty much end mgoblog usage for me, among other things.
|1 day 10 hours ago||A corollary to the title thing||
Here's a corollary to the title thing. And I have a title. I am a pastor. I have been called many things. I am fine with Pastor Kass, Pastor Steve, and in most cases, just Steve. My pet peeve is kids. Specifically, I am not fond of teens and younger calling me by my first name. It just seems . . . too familiar. I realize this is partly my own hangup: I want my own children to respond to others with respect, and calling a teacher or doctor or pastor by their first name will never seem right to me.
Another honorific thing: my grandparents (most of them) came from Germany. I asked my grandmother once if I should use "Du" oder "Sie." The answer was a definitive "Sie."
Having studied in Korea for a while a long time ago, I gather that there definitely were expectations on how youth addressed adults. Don't know if that has changed or not.
|1 day 14 hours ago||I'm completely with you Seth||
I'm completely with you Seth. Having taken photos for 2/3 of my life, and correcting for color, I see white and gold. And even with the picture on the right, I see an improperly exposed photo. For me, the problem is how the question is asked. You can ask two different questions:
The first question is what was asked, so I go with white and gold.
|2 days 7 hours ago||Cool||
My sister, among other things, has a food blog (http://lostrecipesfound.com/) lives in Skevanston, and has done a fair amount with recipe testing and baking. You may have crossed paths sometime.
|2 days 8 hours ago||Took me a second . . .||
Took me a second to get the Justin & Spike reference. Which reminds me of three things:
|2 days 8 hours ago||How'd you become a Wolverine fan?||
Demetrious, how'd you become a Michigan fan? Were you originally from Michigan?
EDIT: my daughter is an ACNT in Norfolk. What is your rating, or are you an officer?
|2 days 10 hours ago||Best if incident just fades away||
It would be best if the incident just faded away. And better if no one mocks it. I hope you're right: this isn't the best kind of publicity. (And FTR, even though more news on this has come out, I haven't created a thread about it, nor do I plan to do so.)
|2 days 11 hours ago||Most money||
I'd like to see the Big 10 get the most money for the conference. I tend to favor NBC or Fox over ESPN, but it doesn't matter that much to me.
|2 days 11 hours ago||About myself||
Name: Obvious! (having said that, I'm not a huge fan of anonymity.)
City: Carol Stream, IL
HS: Lane Tech, Chicago; Taylor Center, Taylor, MI
Sports: Track, Cross Country
Hobbies: Photography, cycling, hiking, piano
Personal: happily married to woman in avatar, 3 kids (daughter an Aegis Computer Network Tech in Navy, adopted 13 year old twins, boy and girl)
Fan: Michigan. Also Chicago pro teams: Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks, White Sox.
|2 days 11 hours ago||Eleven Warriors actually loves this||
Eleven Warriors actually loves this. I was curious, so I wandered over. So far, 8 positive responses, 0 negative responses.
I guess it's good to have a sense of humor. But I'd rather see the Onion lampoon OSU or MSU than Michigan. Speaking of mocking Michigan, I'm kinda surprised that we haven't seen SNL or the Onion put together a mockumentary news report on the Sammies/SDT's January ski trip debacle at Treetops. It's only a matter of time . . .
|2 days 13 hours ago||the one "additional" thing||
I think you mean the one "additional" thing. We have had great guard play, and some great guys on the wings at forward. But more size would be very helpful. Being in Chicago, I see how much of a difference Gasol and Noah and Mirotec make. Their size is a huge advantage, especially since they can also shoot. Adding that to the mix for Michigan would put us in the running for championships regularly.
|2 days 14 hours ago||7 foot club||
Not a whole lot of guys in the 7 foot club. I'm glad to see that he is putting on weight too. Bill Laimbeer was "only" 6'11", and had a listed playing weight of 245. But he was solid, was big, and was a real presence. To have Jon Teske at 7 feet or more, with some muscle mass, will be a huge help for the team.
|3 days 12 hours ago||Wondering . . .||
I think that Baylor realized they would or could be hammered by the NCAA. When this became obvious, they released the statement, insuring that they stayed in compliance with NCAA rules and guidelines. I completely understand, if that is the case. Baylor would not have taken this action except for the NCAA rules. The NCAA had nothing to do with declaring him ineligible. Baylor was proactive in staying in compliance with the NCAA.
Now, if the NCAA is proactive, and tells Baylor that Baylor would receive an exception and be allowed to give a scholarship in this particular case, then the plot would thicken. The NCAA could call Baylor's bluff, so to speak. That would put it back on Baylor. If that happened, Baylor would look pretty bad not to take the young man on. Although, I suppose he could look to go to a team somewhere, anywhere, that wanted his talents on their squad. (provided, again, they hadn't run afoul of NCAA rules and guidelines.)
What a tangled web we weave.
|3 days 13 hours ago||Several bad experiences||
Several bad experiences.
|3 days 16 hours ago||Crummy day to be a Chicago fan||
First D Rose, then Patrick Kane out for 6 - 10 weeks. It is really crummy.
Have to say, I'm very interested to see how the Bulls do without Rose. I'm not convinced that they will wither away to nothing. With Gasol, Noah, Butler, and Mirotec, I think they might go pretty far, especially if Aaron Brooks and Heinrich can manage at PG.
|5 days 16 hours ago||It is about both||
It's really about both . . . I was one of those poor Michigan students back in the day. By selling tickets for one or two games, it brought the cost for the rest of the games down to a very low price. Of course, tickets cost much, much less when I was buying them in the late 70's.
|5 days 18 hours ago||Why we can't have nice things||
I remember this well. This is a great example of the "why we can't have nice things" principle. The cheering is fine and all, but when it goes over the line, it goes over the line badly. And the perps have a pretty entitled "F you" attitude toward anyone who suggests anything different.
I particularly understand the thing with visiting parents being near the visitor bench. If you've been in enough hostile environments, it is even more understandable.
|5 days 19 hours ago||How can a spammer join the blog?||
Mods? How does this happen? Get rid of this nonsense. Thank you, and good bye.
|1 week 4 days ago||Interesting question||
Short answer: nothing. I'm giving up nothing for Lent.
Long answer: probably nothing. I mean, there will be some changes for me in Lent. But maybe I'm inconsistent. Maybe I fail. Which is ok. Giving up something, just for Lent, seems a manmade rule, questionable in keeping.
Longer answer: I'm cutting back on a couple of things.
So, if you don't see me here til April 5, I made it! Still love the blog, but this is probably a good time of the year for a break anyway. Signing off.
EDIT: I just don't get the readers who are EITHER staunch anti-religionists OR staunch believers who continue to get their shorts in a wad about posts like this. SMH, rollng my eyes, frowning. You know, while I'm a strong Christian, and I observe Lent, I really don't care whether or not anyone else on the blog does. It's none of my business. But this is Brian's blog, and those of you who can't handle it are like a whiney 13 year old girl (I have one, so I know) continually complaining that something isn't fair. Lighten up and get a life.
|1 week 4 days ago||I'm Confused||
So, I'm confused. You could mean one of the following:
Not sure which it is. Please clarify.
|1 week 5 days ago||Great post, great share||
This was definitely worth my time. Loved the story. Thanks much for sharing. Wish I could give you a bunch of points.
|1 week 5 days ago||I don't like thread idea||
I personally know of athletes who were jerks. But even so, I don't feel the needto highlight that for others. The truth is, most people have done questionable things. Best to let sleeping dogs lie.
|2 weeks 1 day ago||"Not suitable for work or home" thread||
My most unpopular thread idea was a thread posted on a Saturday night whining about Not suitable for work or home pictures in posts. (aka NSFW / NSFH / NSF Mrs. SRK.) It was back in the day when Brandon was popular on this board, and was being lauded for a bitch slap action. There was a photo that morning of a young kid giving a slap. I watched in fascinated horror as that thread grew. Not popular. Stupid.
|2 weeks 2 days ago||actually, no||
Actually, I'd never write a sermon about a member. And would never name a member in a negative connotation, even in passing. I think the context is different, but point taken.
|2 weeks 2 days ago||Too Hard||
First, I think that with Harbaugh and the coaching staff he has put together, everyone will step up. While this is a cliche, it is critical for the TEAM to ALL play better. Mattison and others regularly commented on how the failure of one player to do what needed to be done caused the whole thing to fall apart.
Second, in terms of units, not players, I think that this year, 3 units will improve quite a bit:
Third, in terms of players, I will go with:
|2 weeks 2 days ago||Great article||
Thanks so much for posting. I'll be giving you plus ones any time I see your avatar. This was very helpful for me to understand some of the details on what happened. Thanks much.
|2 weeks 3 days ago||Want to understand||
So, Moe, I am really trying to understand your points. Let me try to understand.
Frankly, with the kind of nonsense that has come out of this, I could understand Brian wanting to have nothing to do with revealing himself at all, in any way, to anyone on this blog.
EDIT: FTR, I have not contacted Weiss or Weinberg. I will never contact them. It would be a total waste of my time to contact them. And honestly, I'd literally bet a steak dinner Brian won't contact them either. The rule out there is, never contact a student if you are an adult, unless you have a prior relationship.
|2 weeks 3 days ago||Reflection of Culture||
I absolutely hate the "everyone does it, so who cares?" argument. This whole thing is a reflection of the "win at all costs" mentality that is so prevalent in our culture.
I am hopelessly naive. I'd rather win the right way, or not at all. This is why I love Beilein. I hope and think that he does things the right way. And you know what? I'd rather have that then the shenanigans going on at Kentucky and Louisville and Kansas and Duke.
This is why, even if it is technically ok, I hate things like Drayton and Urban's recruiting of Weber at OSU, and why I'd rather Michigan lose a player than gain one by doing things that way. (Interesting question: I wonder what they would have said if Weber had asked point blank, "Coach Drayton, will you be here as my position coach through at least the next season?"
This win at anything culture is why I hated the surreptitious filming done by the Patriots years ago. And it is also why I really hope there was nothing to the deflategate nonsense.
This is part of the reason I liked Hoke, and why I think parents and kids liked Hoke. (Even though he needed to leave.) Hoke wasn't a "win at all costs" kind of guy, and it cost him his job. I really have hope for Harbaugh, but yeah, I don't want bag men and shady booster types and girls who are provided to give favors to recruits.
Brian has said (implied?) that to compete, we need to do the same thing. I don't want to go there. I don't. My hope is that Harbaugh is a man of integrity, and that Michigan will win the right way, fair and square.
End of rant, TL;DR. Point: win the right way, or don't play the game at all.