- Member for
- 5 years 37 weeks
- View recent blog entries
- Lost vs. Pennsylvania 61-18 (43 points); then lost vs. Princeton 24-17 (7 points)
- Lost vs. UCLA 45-17 (28 points); then won vs. San Jose State 37-0 (37 points)
- Lost vs. Oregon 55-31 (24 points); then lost vs. Arizona State 41-3 (38 points)
- Lost at Oregon Satte 6-23 (17 points); then lost vs. Washington 27-9 (18 points)
- Lost at Arizona State 41-17 (24 points); then lost at TCU 31-14 (17 points)
- Lost vs. USC 45-23 (22 points); then lost at Cal 37-16 (21 points)
- Lost at Oregon 52-31 (21 points); then won vs. USC 37-35 (2 points)
- Lost vs. New York Giants 24-3 (21 points); then won vs. Seattle Seahawks 13-6 (7 points)
- Lost at Seattle Seahawks 42-13 (29 points); then won vs. Arizona Cardinals 27-13 (14 points)
- Lost at Seattle Seahawks 29-3 (26 points); then lost vs. Indianapolis Colts 27-7 (20 points)
- Lost at Denver Broncos 42-17 (25 points); then lost vs. St. Louis rams 13-10 (3 points)
- Lost vs. Ohio State 42-17 (29 points); then ???
- I defined blowout as 17+ point loss; or 3 scores
- Harbaugh has coached a total of 167 games and been blown out 17 times (10.2% of his games)
- Average blowout is by 24.88 points
- Following a blowout loss, Harbaugh is 4-7
- Harbaugh averages 1.5 blowouts per year, severely skewed by 2007 Stanford
- In 12 years of head coaching, Harbaugh has been blown out in 8 of them (66.7%) compared to not being blown out at all in 4 (33.3%)
- 5 out of his 17 blowouts are from his 2007 Stanford team (29.4% of them)
- Throw out 1st year at each destination
- Don't aggregate NFL
|5 hours 15 min ago||I don't think P5 schools will||
I don't think P5 schools will touch him and most of the discussion is, understandably, about them currently. When those vacancies are filled (as some will inevitably be by people moving up from the mid majors) I think you'll see his name be brought up for the G5 group.
|5 hours 31 min ago||I was curious about the||
I was curious about the result immediately following blowout losses under Jim Harbaugh's leadership, so let's take a dive.
University of San Diego, 2004 (1st year)
No blowout losses as HC of San Diego in 2005 and 2006.
Stanford University, 2007 (1st year)
Stanford University, 2008 (2nd year)
No blowout losses Stanford 2009.
Stanford University, 2010 (4th year)
No blowout losses San Francisco 49ers 2011
San Francisco 49ers, 2012 (2nd year)
San Francisco 49ers, 2013 (3rd year)
San Francisco 49ers, 2014 (4th year)
University of Michigan, 2015 (1st year)
Just an interesting tidbit.
|1 day 4 hours ago||I don't know if it is just a||
I don't know if it is just a good back that gets us though, I think it's a good back combined with tempo and, in OSU's case, a mobile QB. Barkley is a good back at Penn State and we bottled him up well. Alabama, Arkansas, etc. all laid out a blueprint to defeat him too, LSU seems a bit like a one-trick pony.
|1 day 4 hours ago||Unless we're playing Florida||
Unless we're playing Florida then we'll only need a FG.
|1 day 10 hours ago||From 5-7 to 9-3 is a great||
From 5-7 to 9-3 is a great improvement, and while losing to OSU sours it a bit the future is bright and we have our guy. Overall a good season, and hopefully one of the worst Harbaugh will ever have here.
If you told me 9-3 at the beginning of the year I would've gladly taken it.
Was really, really disheartened by the roughing the punter call. I have no evidence that that was a game-changing moment and to my (slightly intoxicated) eyes it didn't look like a penalty at all, or at worst it was running in to the kicker as his plant leg was not touched (still would've been 4th down after the 5 yard penalty).
|1 day 10 hours ago||Yeah I go back and forth on||
Yeah I go back and forth on this. Certainly we could've won both the Utah and MSU games (if not for a pick six and the worst thing that ever happened, respectively) but we could also have easily lost to Minnesota and Indiana, so, I say it evens out and we're roughly where we should've finished.
|2 days 19 hours ago||Yay we didn't get blown out at home by 40 yay||
Yay we didn't get blown out at home by 40 yay
|2 days 20 hours ago||A rich rod style (or worse)||
A rich rod style (or worse) beatdown. The days of tempo are upon us and this shit is biblically bad
|2 days 20 hours ago||Yessir||
|2 days 20 hours ago||A reminder that we are not yet where we need to be||
A reminder that we are not yet where we need to be
|2 days 21 hours ago||What kills me is that Hoke's||
What kills me is that Hoke's teams were more prepared. Harbaugh downplayed the rivalry and the was not ready to be bitch slapped like we were
|5 days 9 hours ago||Congratulations on the||
Congratulations on the addition to the family!
|6 days 22 hours ago||Penn State is not good. The||
Penn State is not good. The only hope PSU wins is if MSU does that thing where they play to their opponents' level and get bitten by it. Given MSU's charmed existence this year with the +11 T/O margin and victories in their two biggest games when they didn't lead until the clock hit 0, I'm not counting on it.
|1 week 58 min ago||Herman has less than one year||
Herman has less than one year of HC experience, and while there certainly are indications he will be good, I'm not sure programs a tier above SCar would want to take that risk.
|1 week 1 day ago||I don't understand why||
I don't understand why calling them Ohio is so offensive when they don't even call us Michigan (removing M's and posting *ichigan, or referring to us as TUN or TTUN).
Also, they call themselves Ohio. The script Ohio, Carmen Ohio, O-H,I-O, etc.
|1 week 1 day ago||The last 3 games have been||
The last 3 games have been qutie bad for LSU, but as Nebraska has shown just firing your coach doesn't mean things automatically get better.
|1 week 1 day ago||31-28 Michigan||
|1 week 3 days ago||Basically impossible.||
|1 week 3 days ago||Now the answer is no||
Now the answer is no
|1 week 3 days ago||Well bye big ten title hopes||
Well bye big ten title hopes
|1 week 3 days ago||Ohio State looks like garbage today which is ... Interesting||
Ohio State looks like garbage today which is ... Interesting
|1 week 3 days ago||I hate everything right now||
I hate everything right now
|1 week 3 days ago||Ohio State sucks haha||
Ohio State sucks haha
|1 week 3 days ago||We are.. penn State??||
We are.. penn State??
|1 week 3 days ago||OSU looks like dick||
OSU looks like dick
|1 week 3 days ago||MSU isn't bad. You wouldn't drop for beating a top 10 team.||
MSU isn't bad. You wouldn't drop for beating a top 10 team.
|1 week 3 days ago||OSU hates us so much they are going to lose for us||
OSU hates us so much they are going to lose for us
|1 week 3 days ago||MSU is embarrassing OSU in||
MSU is embarrassing OSU in Columbus, OSU only has points because of 2 MSU turnovers
|1 week 3 days ago||Lol||
|1 week 3 days ago||Also have not seen this, I like it||
Also have not seen this, I like it