Mike Lantry, 1972
- Member for
- 1 year 40 weeks
|21 weeks 3 days ago||my theory on this team||
my theory on this team is a lack of leadership.
1. gardner is not a good leader ...yet.
2. the new guys are coming in and playing early but they have no one to look upto.
3. the teams missing guys like molk , van bergen, martin, kovacs who would inspire the young guys and keep them in check.
4. the coaches have been trying to get the leadership thing going but there is no reinforcement from the seniors.
5. lewan is an exception to this theory.
6. there is no accountability on the field...that shows from the fact that the defense and offense are lacklustre for the majority of the games and only get going when things are really critical.
7. obviously this is a theory and not the facts per se
|25 weeks 15 hours ago||well||
I for one didnt think akron played that well ....it was our own inefficiencies...total chaos on offense ....bad defensive gameplanning.... why does every team have better dlinemen ...receivers and secondaries than we do.....i cant believe what i just saw
|25 weeks 6 days ago||My takes on the game:||
1. It was the signature win michigan has been looking for through 2 .16 years.
2. DG was AWESOME apart from the ugly pick. But I am kinda happy for that ugly pick becuz it didnt hurt us too bad and it might be a tiny reason why dg might come back to mich next year.
3. I was surprised by the offense overall. I frankly thought mi might struggle this year a lil bit with a lack of proven big time receivers.
4. Defense got exposed a lil bit. We are still far from being national contenders. Maybe next years elite talent will help. Is there something in the scheme of our defense that makes DTs less effective?
5. I share the concern that fleet will never break one for a td in kick return. Ill be watching for it in the next 2 games becuz itll probably be the best opportunity for him.
6. Overall, a very satisfying win...they have already shown that the team is good to elite this year.,,,no matter what happens the rest of the year... i liked utl2 more than utl1 cuz it was slightly more methodical...
|27 weeks 5 days ago||Program defining win||
Its been a while since i posted something...
what does the blog think about the program defining win for hoke?
I personally think it hasnt happened yet and is coming this year...
Can anybody start a thread (as I cant) on what people think on this ...?
|46 weeks 5 days ago||my ultra imaginative brain||
...thinks the reason why lawrence marshall is not a UM lean because UM is currently high on mcdowell and hand...is that true or am i being arrogant?
|46 weeks 5 days ago||u will like what u find out...|
|49 weeks 6 days ago||guys||
whenever we have gotten our hopes up....our teams have laid an egg....
i seriously believe that we will end our run in the sweet 16. not bad either way.....
|50 weeks 3 days ago||damn that hurts||
jake ryan ....i feel for you bro...
btw...can we get a gif for the play in which he ragdolled the qb to get to the ball carrier?
|1 year 1 week ago||unfortunately||
you know i was gonna say yesterday ....
everytime we have had a clear road ahead of us (whether in bball or fball) late in the season we have muddled it up in the last 2-3 years. Just sounds like underconfidence to me....there is no other way to explain it.....btw go ahead and negbang it.
|1 year 1 week ago||greg||
any takers for greg robinson? :)
i heard hes coaching the defence of a hs in california....
|1 year 1 week ago||recruiting||
since hoke and mattison are already there ....um should focus on getting a great recruiter as Jerry's replacement. One who can get 1-2 elite recruits with him.
Although, this doesnt mean that UM should ignore the coaching ability altogether.
|1 year 1 week ago||out of state||
looks like hoke has taken the midwest centric recruiting to heart.
this year we are seeing more out of state recruits till now...THIS IS MICHIGAN
|1 year 1 week ago||please||
can we please please please get dashawn hand..
i saw he mentioned talking to mattison and montgomery. i just hope this doesnt reduce his liking of michigan. dashawn hand will be a great piece to the puzzle called national championships here at michigan
hoke ...lets get him!
|1 year 2 weeks ago||I would like to ...||
I would like to see more about the positions where michigan has "fixed" themselves based on recruiting alone...my take on it
QB....depends on shane morris
TE....would be nice to see jake butt do good
DL...not fixed yet ....i hope i am wrong
DB...i think they still need 1 more elite recruit here
Spl Teams ....dunno
Just to be clear ...fixed means hoke has addressed their needs in terms of recruiting...does not mean that they will definitely be good at those positions. would love to have this as its own post and see what other ppl think.
|1 year 2 weeks ago||hmmm||
i had not heard this news before....hope he does ok...i give a 110/100 to him for effort
|1 year 3 weeks ago||umm||
btw who are these guys ...the te is unrated on rivals and kyle is a 4* LB.
is there something that i dont know abt these guys?...wud love to party too...just give me a reason to.
|1 year 3 weeks ago||dude||
@WolverineHistorian: Dude you do an awesome job!
thanks for all those vids.....considered switching to some other site?
dailymotion...hudl ....something like that
|1 year 3 weeks ago||well||
to people who say that this doesnt matter ....this loss makes big ten championsip that much tougher....?
if this was not an imp game and we lost it in the same way ...i wud be ok.
we shud have fouled .....up by 3 with 2.4 secs left............................................
|1 year 3 weeks ago||puhleez||
i didnt watch the video...and I dont wanna watch it either...
still not over the loss.
|1 year 3 weeks ago||so... (Score: -1 Flamebait)||
dont worry mod...i did the scoring myself. :)
So...based on what i have seen in the last few years...
its very tough to beat even mediocre teams on the road..so in 2013
we get :
@MSU: Loss (unless MSU implodes before this game)
@NW: this is the trap game
@Iowa: Loss (its unbelievably tough to go there and win)
Ohio is also a tossup
I think the biggest thing I wanna see from Hoke and his team is mental toughness on the road which is really a big task. Go Blue!
|1 year 4 weeks ago||that was||
that was a choke job if there was ever one.
but i still think a loss here will serve mi better in the long run...
need to step up ...go blue!
|1 year 5 weeks ago||probably||
probably hes just doing a background check on hoke before commiting to UM! :)
|1 year 5 weeks ago||height||
did anyone else see him listed as 5 ' 10 ''.
all the while i thought he was 6 feet - ish.
makes me respect the man more for qbing michigan at 5 10 for 3 years.
|1 year 5 weeks ago||Denard||
Denard was my fav player
and he did underachieve in his final year..
|1 year 6 weeks ago||The road to that #1 spot||
The road to that #1 spot is ckear now !!!
Just around the corner ....yeah baby
|1 year 6 weeks ago||#2||
we should be #2 and hopefully #1 next week!!
|1 year 7 weeks ago||why the luck with WRs?||
I know treadwell didnt pick michigan because of other reasons...
but the thing i am interested to know is whats really stopping elite receivers from coming to michigan.....although i am not an expert ...i see elite WRs not chosing us under 2 regimes now...(although its too early with hoke)
is it because elite WRs are a clan who generally tend to be not that high on academics?
or is there a systemic problem?
the experts please chime in......
|1 year 7 weeks ago||to be a technical dick||
he was travelling....but it would have been still worth it if he was called....great dunk!
|1 year 7 weeks ago||I dont remember||
seeing an article about the track record of the current offensive coaches when it comes to churning out top class linemen. I hear a lot about mattison and his crew. I am sure the o-lines coach is terrific. Is there any data/article on the relative competence of this off-coaching staff?
|1 year 7 weeks ago||great analysis||
thats refreshing analysis Seth....Could we get a similar analysis on DTs?...that would be really awesome...