here's one vote for "John Beilein's head in a Futurama jar"
- Member for
- 2 years 6 weeks
|11 weeks 4 days ago||geez||
I am stuck watching 2011 M reruns ...coz i cant possibly watch 2013. What happened to this team in 2 years?
|13 weeks 1 hour ago||tht argument is not correct||
gallon's gone ...and he was good before hoke
jake ryan regressed last year ...albeit due to injury....
what has frank clark done exactly?
what has des morgan done exactly?
Funchess is the only one ill let you pass by with....but there is an argument that he does it because hes a physical mismatch ...not becoz of coaching...lets not make up arguments
|13 weeks 2 hours ago||thats asking too much||
atleast 7 wins and a W against either sparty or ohio ...will give hoke another year
|13 weeks 5 hours ago||I dont care||
I dont care who starts this year ....all i care abt is seeing the rise of atleast two players/gamechangers ...one on defence and one on offence preferably...if i dont see them this year ...i wud have lost faith in the coaching...
there is too much potential on this team for someone to not have a breakout season
|13 weeks 6 days ago||just doesnt add up||
As hoke wants us all to transform into sherlocks (with the fort hoke stuff) , im gonna attempt to solve the mystery and fail horribly
1. I still dont get the exact reasons as to why the team malfunctioned last year. I understand the inconsistencies but what was behind them? inexperience? lack of talent? bad coaching?... the easy answer is ALL of them...but is it accurate?
2. I still dont get why, if the OL is so bad, guys keep rotating like a carousel at all positions during practice...whats wrong with sticking to a position and playing it? if u cant get down one position right ...ull be better if u keep jumping from guard to tackle in practice??
3, The only explanation that makes sense abt jake ryan's position change is that the ACL tear made him lose some of his explosiveness at his prev position.
4. after 3 years at the helm... can somebody tell me if hoke and staff are good coaches or not? their resumes suggest they are good ...but the team's performance suggests they are not good.
It just doesnt add up ...unless we are making a mistake in our assumptions.
|13 weeks 6 days ago||2 things||
2 things that were glaring to me:
1. We didnt have a single touchdown in the whole practice ...did we?
2. when did funchess become 6' 4'' from 6' 5 '' - 6''?
|14 weeks 17 hours ago||critical thoughts||
somethings that bother me without getting into plays:
1. after 4 years of spring practice under hoke, why dont we have a full game?
2. what's with the 1 hr 15 mins of drills? fans dont go there to watch drills
3. why isnt the DL dominating a majority of the times....i understand pushing bck the OL for 2-3 yrds is a psychological win...but where is the "shut down" mentality? maybe there were moments in the game where the "shutdown" did happen....i havent seen the plays yet.
4. I cant understand why hoke wants to cover everything in this curtain of secrecy...if you suck ...the first step is to admit it and then try and improve.
5. the biggest issue in my mind is ...even if we fire hoke after this year...can we take another 3-4 years of "rebuilding" under another coach?
|14 weeks 1 day ago||stream?||
wud love a stream that actually works .....
|39 weeks 4 days ago||my theory on this team||
my theory on this team is a lack of leadership.
1. gardner is not a good leader ...yet.
2. the new guys are coming in and playing early but they have no one to look upto.
3. the teams missing guys like molk , van bergen, martin, kovacs who would inspire the young guys and keep them in check.
4. the coaches have been trying to get the leadership thing going but there is no reinforcement from the seniors.
5. lewan is an exception to this theory.
6. there is no accountability on the field...that shows from the fact that the defense and offense are lacklustre for the majority of the games and only get going when things are really critical.
7. obviously this is a theory and not the facts per se
|43 weeks 1 day ago||well||
I for one didnt think akron played that well ....it was our own inefficiencies...total chaos on offense ....bad defensive gameplanning.... why does every team have better dlinemen ...receivers and secondaries than we do.....i cant believe what i just saw
|44 weeks 7 hours ago||My takes on the game:||
1. It was the signature win michigan has been looking for through 2 .16 years.
2. DG was AWESOME apart from the ugly pick. But I am kinda happy for that ugly pick becuz it didnt hurt us too bad and it might be a tiny reason why dg might come back to mich next year.
3. I was surprised by the offense overall. I frankly thought mi might struggle this year a lil bit with a lack of proven big time receivers.
4. Defense got exposed a lil bit. We are still far from being national contenders. Maybe next years elite talent will help. Is there something in the scheme of our defense that makes DTs less effective?
5. I share the concern that fleet will never break one for a td in kick return. Ill be watching for it in the next 2 games becuz itll probably be the best opportunity for him.
6. Overall, a very satisfying win...they have already shown that the team is good to elite this year.,,,no matter what happens the rest of the year... i liked utl2 more than utl1 cuz it was slightly more methodical...
|45 weeks 6 days ago||Program defining win||
Its been a while since i posted something...
what does the blog think about the program defining win for hoke?
I personally think it hasnt happened yet and is coming this year...
Can anybody start a thread (as I cant) on what people think on this ...?
|1 year 12 weeks ago||my ultra imaginative brain||
...thinks the reason why lawrence marshall is not a UM lean because UM is currently high on mcdowell and hand...is that true or am i being arrogant?
|1 year 12 weeks ago||u will like what u find out...|
|1 year 15 weeks ago||guys||
whenever we have gotten our hopes up....our teams have laid an egg....
i seriously believe that we will end our run in the sweet 16. not bad either way.....
|1 year 16 weeks ago||damn that hurts||
jake ryan ....i feel for you bro...
btw...can we get a gif for the play in which he ragdolled the qb to get to the ball carrier?
|1 year 19 weeks ago||unfortunately||
you know i was gonna say yesterday ....
everytime we have had a clear road ahead of us (whether in bball or fball) late in the season we have muddled it up in the last 2-3 years. Just sounds like underconfidence to me....there is no other way to explain it.....btw go ahead and negbang it.
|1 year 19 weeks ago||greg||
any takers for greg robinson? :)
i heard hes coaching the defence of a hs in california....
|1 year 19 weeks ago||recruiting||
since hoke and mattison are already there ....um should focus on getting a great recruiter as Jerry's replacement. One who can get 1-2 elite recruits with him.
Although, this doesnt mean that UM should ignore the coaching ability altogether.
|1 year 19 weeks ago||out of state||
looks like hoke has taken the midwest centric recruiting to heart.
this year we are seeing more out of state recruits till now...THIS IS MICHIGAN
|1 year 19 weeks ago||please||
can we please please please get dashawn hand..
i saw he mentioned talking to mattison and montgomery. i just hope this doesnt reduce his liking of michigan. dashawn hand will be a great piece to the puzzle called national championships here at michigan
hoke ...lets get him!
|1 year 20 weeks ago||I would like to ...||
I would like to see more about the positions where michigan has "fixed" themselves based on recruiting alone...my take on it
QB....depends on shane morris
TE....would be nice to see jake butt do good
DL...not fixed yet ....i hope i am wrong
DB...i think they still need 1 more elite recruit here
Spl Teams ....dunno
Just to be clear ...fixed means hoke has addressed their needs in terms of recruiting...does not mean that they will definitely be good at those positions. would love to have this as its own post and see what other ppl think.
|1 year 20 weeks ago||hmmm||
i had not heard this news before....hope he does ok...i give a 110/100 to him for effort
|1 year 21 weeks ago||umm||
btw who are these guys ...the te is unrated on rivals and kyle is a 4* LB.
is there something that i dont know abt these guys?...wud love to party too...just give me a reason to.
|1 year 21 weeks ago||dude||
@WolverineHistorian: Dude you do an awesome job!
thanks for all those vids.....considered switching to some other site?
dailymotion...hudl ....something like that
|1 year 21 weeks ago||well||
to people who say that this doesnt matter ....this loss makes big ten championsip that much tougher....?
if this was not an imp game and we lost it in the same way ...i wud be ok.
we shud have fouled .....up by 3 with 2.4 secs left............................................
|1 year 21 weeks ago||puhleez||
i didnt watch the video...and I dont wanna watch it either...
still not over the loss.
|1 year 21 weeks ago||so... (Score: -1 Flamebait)||
dont worry mod...i did the scoring myself. :)
So...based on what i have seen in the last few years...
its very tough to beat even mediocre teams on the road..so in 2013
we get :
@MSU: Loss (unless MSU implodes before this game)
@NW: this is the trap game
@Iowa: Loss (its unbelievably tough to go there and win)
Ohio is also a tossup
I think the biggest thing I wanna see from Hoke and his team is mental toughness on the road which is really a big task. Go Blue!
|1 year 22 weeks ago||that was||
that was a choke job if there was ever one.
but i still think a loss here will serve mi better in the long run...
need to step up ...go blue!
|1 year 23 weeks ago||probably||
probably hes just doing a background check on hoke before commiting to UM! :)