- Member for
- 4 years 27 weeks
|2 years 13 weeks ago||agree||
I agree....screen to norfleet...who gets 10+ yards
|2 years 14 weeks ago||here come||
Here come the negbang mgomafia...so wat if u have deep roots at mich...how dare u say something wrong abt the regime /s
|2 years 14 weeks ago||I just think||
It is obvious that DG is a great guy and his latest efforts in the community have been applaudable...
I just feel like hes an athlete thrust into a QB job...his instincts seem to be biased towards athleticism rather than a cold, methodical QB...
It seems like hes gonna play on Sundays but not as a QB ...any which way hes gonna have a good future ....go Devin
|2 years 14 weeks ago||U Sir||
U Sir are an artist ...fergodsakes
|2 years 14 weeks ago||my bold predictions||
Here are my bold predictions ...just like the hype I cant substantiate it on facts:
1. The WR group is not gonna be as good as the hype. gallon is gone and it will take time to fill those shoes. I think we will see some key drops this year.
2. The defence is going to be better but we will not be a lockdown defence. There will be some frustration on the D Line as again there wont be any clear leaders.
3. The OL is gonna be average and thats gonna be an upgrade.
4. DG will be better this year ...but wont get better support from the rest of the team.
5. The running game will be better than last year but still a work in progress.
6. We will again get burnt by spread teams and do well against typical B1G teams...
7. J Pep will be good and will have 1-2 plays that will showup on highlight reels but will not be All B1G player this year.
Pls dont try and refute these with logic as these are gut feels. U are welcome to argue against this with ure gut feels though...
|2 years 14 weeks ago||Why are we so high on defence?||
dont get me wrong ....i want to jump on that train asap...but till now its just been hype....after the last 2 years of unfulfilled promises ...ill believe the D when I see it ....
we have more depth almost everywhere ...but as Hoke points out hes still waiting for someone to take the lead at the DL...thats like having 4 deep of Q Wash -es ....
Ill be on the train when I see some NASTINESS somewhere in the defence...People breaking their tackles to see the RB/QB 5 yards up the field doesnt cut it as an AWESOME defence...
obviously i havent watched the scrimmage or attended the spring game...so I dont know if they visually look that BETTER than last year
|2 years 15 weeks ago||backup buckeye qbs||
I wish Braxton best of luck with the recovery and his future...
I am just not sold that braxton's absence will spell doom for the oh st season..
their backup qb's are quite talented (even though I didnt realize that the guiton guy is gone) ...cardale jones seems scary, but he hasnt figured out passing yet.....
however, j.t. barrett leads jones ....it will be nice to see a post comparing the remaining QBs on the buckeye roster. (pro/dual etc)
|2 years 15 weeks ago||Analyze that||
After seeing portions of scrimmage online and listening to reviews....i cant reconcile the statement by Gardner that he was sacked only 2 times in the first week and a half of fall camp.
i believe Nuss and DG are working on getting the football off DG's hands fast. Otherwise, I just cant see only 2 sacks in a week with a nonexistent OL...
|2 years 32 weeks ago||geez||
I am stuck watching 2011 M reruns ...coz i cant possibly watch 2013. What happened to this team in 2 years?
|2 years 33 weeks ago||tht argument is not correct||
gallon's gone ...and he was good before hoke
jake ryan regressed last year ...albeit due to injury....
what has frank clark done exactly?
what has des morgan done exactly?
Funchess is the only one ill let you pass by with....but there is an argument that he does it because hes a physical mismatch ...not becoz of coaching...lets not make up arguments
|2 years 33 weeks ago||thats asking too much||
atleast 7 wins and a W against either sparty or ohio ...will give hoke another year
|2 years 33 weeks ago||I dont care||
I dont care who starts this year ....all i care abt is seeing the rise of atleast two players/gamechangers ...one on defence and one on offence preferably...if i dont see them this year ...i wud have lost faith in the coaching...
there is too much potential on this team for someone to not have a breakout season
|2 years 34 weeks ago||just doesnt add up||
As hoke wants us all to transform into sherlocks (with the fort hoke stuff) , im gonna attempt to solve the mystery and fail horribly
1. I still dont get the exact reasons as to why the team malfunctioned last year. I understand the inconsistencies but what was behind them? inexperience? lack of talent? bad coaching?... the easy answer is ALL of them...but is it accurate?
2. I still dont get why, if the OL is so bad, guys keep rotating like a carousel at all positions during practice...whats wrong with sticking to a position and playing it? if u cant get down one position right ...ull be better if u keep jumping from guard to tackle in practice??
3, The only explanation that makes sense abt jake ryan's position change is that the ACL tear made him lose some of his explosiveness at his prev position.
4. after 3 years at the helm... can somebody tell me if hoke and staff are good coaches or not? their resumes suggest they are good ...but the team's performance suggests they are not good.
It just doesnt add up ...unless we are making a mistake in our assumptions.
|2 years 34 weeks ago||2 things||
2 things that were glaring to me:
1. We didnt have a single touchdown in the whole practice ...did we?
2. when did funchess become 6' 4'' from 6' 5 '' - 6''?
|2 years 34 weeks ago||critical thoughts||
somethings that bother me without getting into plays:
1. after 4 years of spring practice under hoke, why dont we have a full game?
2. what's with the 1 hr 15 mins of drills? fans dont go there to watch drills
3. why isnt the DL dominating a majority of the times....i understand pushing bck the OL for 2-3 yrds is a psychological win...but where is the "shut down" mentality? maybe there were moments in the game where the "shutdown" did happen....i havent seen the plays yet.
4. I cant understand why hoke wants to cover everything in this curtain of secrecy...if you suck ...the first step is to admit it and then try and improve.
5. the biggest issue in my mind is ...even if we fire hoke after this year...can we take another 3-4 years of "rebuilding" under another coach?
|2 years 34 weeks ago||stream?||
wud love a stream that actually works .....
|3 years 7 weeks ago||my theory on this team||
my theory on this team is a lack of leadership.
1. gardner is not a good leader ...yet.
2. the new guys are coming in and playing early but they have no one to look upto.
3. the teams missing guys like molk , van bergen, martin, kovacs who would inspire the young guys and keep them in check.
4. the coaches have been trying to get the leadership thing going but there is no reinforcement from the seniors.
5. lewan is an exception to this theory.
6. there is no accountability on the field...that shows from the fact that the defense and offense are lacklustre for the majority of the games and only get going when things are really critical.
7. obviously this is a theory and not the facts per se
|3 years 11 weeks ago||well||
I for one didnt think akron played that well ....it was our own inefficiencies...total chaos on offense ....bad defensive gameplanning.... why does every team have better dlinemen ...receivers and secondaries than we do.....i cant believe what i just saw
|3 years 12 weeks ago||My takes on the game:||
1. It was the signature win michigan has been looking for through 2 .16 years.
2. DG was AWESOME apart from the ugly pick. But I am kinda happy for that ugly pick becuz it didnt hurt us too bad and it might be a tiny reason why dg might come back to mich next year.
3. I was surprised by the offense overall. I frankly thought mi might struggle this year a lil bit with a lack of proven big time receivers.
4. Defense got exposed a lil bit. We are still far from being national contenders. Maybe next years elite talent will help. Is there something in the scheme of our defense that makes DTs less effective?
5. I share the concern that fleet will never break one for a td in kick return. Ill be watching for it in the next 2 games becuz itll probably be the best opportunity for him.
6. Overall, a very satisfying win...they have already shown that the team is good to elite this year.,,,no matter what happens the rest of the year... i liked utl2 more than utl1 cuz it was slightly more methodical...
|3 years 14 weeks ago||Program defining win||
Its been a while since i posted something...
what does the blog think about the program defining win for hoke?
I personally think it hasnt happened yet and is coming this year...
Can anybody start a thread (as I cant) on what people think on this ...?
|3 years 33 weeks ago||my ultra imaginative brain||
...thinks the reason why lawrence marshall is not a UM lean because UM is currently high on mcdowell and hand...is that true or am i being arrogant?
|3 years 33 weeks ago||u will like what u find out...|
|3 years 36 weeks ago||guys||
whenever we have gotten our hopes up....our teams have laid an egg....
i seriously believe that we will end our run in the sweet 16. not bad either way.....
|3 years 36 weeks ago||damn that hurts||
jake ryan ....i feel for you bro...
btw...can we get a gif for the play in which he ragdolled the qb to get to the ball carrier?
|3 years 39 weeks ago||unfortunately||
you know i was gonna say yesterday ....
everytime we have had a clear road ahead of us (whether in bball or fball) late in the season we have muddled it up in the last 2-3 years. Just sounds like underconfidence to me....there is no other way to explain it.....btw go ahead and negbang it.
|3 years 39 weeks ago||greg||
any takers for greg robinson? :)
i heard hes coaching the defence of a hs in california....
|3 years 39 weeks ago||recruiting||
since hoke and mattison are already there ....um should focus on getting a great recruiter as Jerry's replacement. One who can get 1-2 elite recruits with him.
Although, this doesnt mean that UM should ignore the coaching ability altogether.
|3 years 40 weeks ago||out of state||
looks like hoke has taken the midwest centric recruiting to heart.
this year we are seeing more out of state recruits till now...THIS IS MICHIGAN
|3 years 40 weeks ago||please||
can we please please please get dashawn hand..
i saw he mentioned talking to mattison and montgomery. i just hope this doesnt reduce his liking of michigan. dashawn hand will be a great piece to the puzzle called national championships here at michigan
hoke ...lets get him!
|3 years 40 weeks ago||I would like to ...||
I would like to see more about the positions where michigan has "fixed" themselves based on recruiting alone...my take on it
QB....depends on shane morris
TE....would be nice to see jake butt do good
DL...not fixed yet ....i hope i am wrong
DB...i think they still need 1 more elite recruit here
Spl Teams ....dunno
Just to be clear ...fixed means hoke has addressed their needs in terms of recruiting...does not mean that they will definitely be good at those positions. would love to have this as its own post and see what other ppl think.