- Member for
- 5 years 24 weeks
- View recent blog entries
- Skiing (back-country in the front range of CO)
- Yes, though we're outside of my typical backpacker season.
- Yes, we were friends/family before that.
- Grilled cheese with pesto and marinated portobello mushrooms. The cheese ends up being anything but American or Chedder.
|2 weeks 6 days ago||1. Driving from Denver to the||
1. Driving from Denver to the mentioned ski resorts is feasible, but you will have to deal with traffic/weather going to or coming from the resorts depending on when you leave. On a typical Saturday, if you leave plenty early, you wont have to deal with much traffic. Leave between 7-9am, and its pretty bad. Same with going home. If you leave summit county around 4, its going to take you several hours of grid lock traffic. Like any other traffic situation, its all about timing and weather. That said, hundreds of people take day trips to the resorts from Denver and it doesnt seem to be that big of a problem.
2. You are not restricted to downtown. There are several engineering firms and a couple of prominent aerospace companies between littleton, boulder, and longmont.
3. Denver is pretty bike friendly. RTD could use some work though. The weather is generally pretty bike friendly. As another poster mentioned, we have some of the best (i could use more snow this winter, but thats me) weather in the country.
4. Denver is a growing, young metropolitan area. The western suburbs are nice. Don't move to Golden, it smells like Coors and its already getting too crowded. But I've lived there for a number of years and never thought it smelled like a frat house. This is the first time I've heard that description.
|11 weeks 6 days ago||This might be the most||
This might be the most rational comment I've read all evening. Mmmgobbq has been a great distraction of late. Dark times.
|28 weeks 6 days ago||Speaking on behalf of all||
Speaking on behalf of all Rocky Mountain Wolverines, this makes us all very unhappy indeed. I am going to find the nearest buckeye tree and gnaw on it for the next hour and a half in protest and disgust. Good day to you.
|1 year 46 weeks ago||Hoke:||
I don't think he gets "it".
|1 year 47 weeks ago||How disappointing.||
|2 years 1 week ago||RMW IRL||
|2 years 26 weeks ago||This has been deleted,||
This has been deleted, buried, dug-up, burned, buried again, banned, and now someone has collected the ashes, added water and created another post. Fb, you're better than this (right?). Let this be the last these posts. Straight to Bolivia with you. Edit:must drink coffee before expressing thoughts on interwebs...
|3 years 2 weeks ago||I-V-ii-vi||
is contrived. Particularly since both moves are really I - V. (e.g. Key of G where I-V-ii-vi == G - D - A - E). Make the ii Dim and the vi minor and it sounds more interesting. That is all.
|3 years 2 weeks ago||Varsity Blue||
I thought Tim had a great site, and I then was introduced to this site via that avenue. I gradually started visiting this site more and more. When Varsity Blue closed with the migration of Tim to this site, the choice was obvious. This is the most comprehensive site for those enthusiastic about Michigan Football, Hockey, and Basketball. There is nothing else like it on the web. Period.
|3 years 2 weeks ago||I downloaded the latest||
I downloaded the latest version a couple of days ago and it runs. However, the MGoBoard posts are chronologically out of order. For example: the first post is dated Dec 6 2011, then Feb 4 2011, Jan 13 2011, followed by several 2009 posts before the latest 2012 posts. Perhaps I will try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Any suggests, nevertheless, are welcome.
|3 years 3 weeks ago||Wow||
That story was long, and boring as shit.
|3 years 4 weeks ago||That's Interesting,||
Tell me more...
|3 years 5 weeks ago||
Nice Floyd reference .... "The memories of a man in his old age are the deeds of a man in his prime..."
|3 years 6 weeks ago||Excellent point...||
I no longer partake in the "smoking" aspect of the game, but I would agree a day on the course is not the same without a bomber of Avery's Maharaja to enjoy. Unlike ultimate, Disc golfers have the ability to partake in their drug of choice during the activity.
|3 years 6 weeks ago||Truly,||
you have a dizzying intellect...
|3 years 6 weeks ago||Ultimate?||
I think we could safely put Lax as no. 2 if ultimate frisbee were recognized in the same athletic category.
|3 years 6 weeks ago||FIGHT SOPA/PIPA||
I am glad you made a post highlighting the dangers of these acts. I just finished calling my Colorado congressional leader and senators voicing my oposition to these laws. I find it inconsionable and inscrutable that these types of legislation are being sponcered and considered.
|3 years 9 weeks ago||monuMental||
Where amazing happens...
|3 years 12 weeks ago||Hoke visiting Dunn?||
I like where that's going...
|3 years 37 weeks ago||with hockey jerseys||
there is no age limit. I rock my Zetterberg jersey whenever i watch the wings and my replica Turco jersey when i watch UM hockey.
|3 years 46 weeks ago||
Like many others on the blog, I was born a Michigan. GO BLUE!
|3 years 46 weeks ago||Enjoy Red Wing's Playoff||
Enjoy Red Wing's Playoff Hockey at The Joe.
|3 years 46 weeks ago||Agreed, watch it||
Before watching the documentary, i was unaware as to the depth of the violations. But looking back on it and what the program has done since then fortified my foundation as a Michigan fan in a way that I did not think could be possible. Watch it, you will enjoy it.
Hope you neck is better post surgery. GO BLUE!
|3 years 51 weeks ago||As long as it takes to||
As long as it takes to inflict the most damage. That is all.
|3 years 51 weeks ago||Lassez les bon temps rouler!||
Lassez les bon temps rouler!
|4 years 4 weeks ago||Billy likes to drink soda.||
Miss Lippy's car is green.
|4 years 6 weeks ago||Champions||
You don't need to ask Denard what happens to those who stay. He is a top-flight Michigan Man and a true leader.
|4 years 8 weeks ago||I am going to assume that the||
I am going to assume that the credibility of a "Life time score giver" is more in question than our blog.
|4 years 8 weeks ago||If i drink myself to Bolivia||
If i drink myself to Bolivia and wake up with a hangover we win, right? This off-season is going to be magic...
|4 years 8 weeks ago||Ska Brewery||
is in Durango Colorado. I have never been to the brew house, but i have heard its a pretty amazing place. Reportedly good food and the beer is excellent out of the tap. Like comparing a bottled Two-hearted from one poured at the eccentric cafe, I suppose.