this may be of some local interest
- Member for
- 6 years 49 weeks
- View recent blog entries
- Skiing (back-country in the front range of CO)
- Yes, though we're outside of my typical backpacker season.
- Yes, we were friends/family before that.
- Grilled cheese with pesto and marinated portobello mushrooms. The cheese ends up being anything but American or Chedder.
|6 days 17 hours ago||Can't wait for the season to||
Can't wait for the season to begin. I had the strangest UM football dream. And not a good one either. Damn REM rebound effect.
|1 week 15 hours ago||Bo M all the way.||
Bo M all the way.
|1 week 1 day ago||King Soopers, National||
King Soopers, National geographic store, backcountry, rei, sling, andi i've seen a few of the local (Colorado) ski resorts advertising various pass and ski pachages.
|5 weeks 6 days ago||Happy Friday from 5am in the Rockies.||
Happy Friday from 5am in the Rockies.
|8 weeks 6 days ago||I will always remember him||
I will always remember him for his irrational optimism for the Colorado Avalanche's chances to win the Stanley Cup every year. But he was on top of the Denver area prep scene as others have mentioned. Best of luck to him.
|9 weeks 6 days ago||Eleven more hours before its time for beer and heading||
up to the mountains for more beer, BBQ and climbing. Happy Father's Day weekend to all the dads out there.
|43 weeks 13 hours ago||Way to Go Blue, Shuster!||
Way to Go Blue, Shuster!
|43 weeks 14 hours ago||As someone who grew up in the||
As someone who grew up in the area, its great to hear positive news coming out of Benton Harbor and their high school. Who gonna win tonight? TIGERS! TIGERS!
|44 weeks 3 days ago||this... i just dont even know||
this... i just dont even know man. This is going to be a really long bye-week. How much whiskey will it take for me to drink and not remember anything until Halloween?
|51 weeks 17 hours ago||Titan IPA and whiskey. The||
Titan IPA and whiskey. The ratio of which will depend on the performance of the team.
|1 year 1 week ago||Like chile beers, pumpkin||
Like chile beers, pumpkin beers are good in small doses. I'd much rather look forward to Bell's stout release in November. Not that I can get any of those stouts in Colorado anyway.
|1 year 23 weeks ago||I wear a wings jersey only||
I wear a wings jersey only during playoff time, and i still have my Michigan Steve Sheild's jersey. My arms are too long for it now, but it reminds me of watching some great Michigan hockey from the mid-ninties. Remember Mike Legg's lacrosse-style goal against Minnesota? Or Knuble's deadly wrist-shot?
|1 year 23 weeks ago||Football happening, life||
Football happening, life happening! Harbaugh happening! We got a lot going on.
|1 year 23 weeks ago||This week couldn't be moving||
This week couldn't be moving more slowly. I will be happy to watch it die and for the weekend to begin. And Greensky Bluegrass in Colorado this weekend! There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Just one more day...
|1 year 28 weeks ago||1. Driving from Denver to the||
1. Driving from Denver to the mentioned ski resorts is feasible, but you will have to deal with traffic/weather going to or coming from the resorts depending on when you leave. On a typical Saturday, if you leave plenty early, you wont have to deal with much traffic. Leave between 7-9am, and its pretty bad. Same with going home. If you leave summit county around 4, its going to take you several hours of grid lock traffic. Like any other traffic situation, its all about timing and weather. That said, hundreds of people take day trips to the resorts from Denver and it doesnt seem to be that big of a problem.
2. You are not restricted to downtown. There are several engineering firms and a couple of prominent aerospace companies between littleton, boulder, and longmont.
3. Denver is pretty bike friendly. RTD could use some work though. The weather is generally pretty bike friendly. As another poster mentioned, we have some of the best (i could use more snow this winter, but thats me) weather in the country.
4. Denver is a growing, young metropolitan area. The western suburbs are nice. Don't move to Golden, it smells like Coors and its already getting too crowded. But I've lived there for a number of years and never thought it smelled like a frat house. This is the first time I've heard that description.
|1 year 37 weeks ago||This might be the most||
This might be the most rational comment I've read all evening. Mmmgobbq has been a great distraction of late. Dark times.
|2 years 1 week ago||Speaking on behalf of all||
Speaking on behalf of all Rocky Mountain Wolverines, this makes us all very unhappy indeed. I am going to find the nearest buckeye tree and gnaw on it for the next hour and a half in protest and disgust. Good day to you.
|3 years 19 weeks ago||Hoke:||
I don't think he gets "it".
|3 years 20 weeks ago||How disappointing.||
|3 years 26 weeks ago||RMW IRL||
|3 years 51 weeks ago||This has been deleted,||
This has been deleted, buried, dug-up, burned, buried again, banned, and now someone has collected the ashes, added water and created another post. Fb, you're better than this (right?). Let this be the last these posts. Straight to Bolivia with you. Edit:must drink coffee before expressing thoughts on interwebs...
|4 years 27 weeks ago||I-V-ii-vi||
is contrived. Particularly since both moves are really I - V. (e.g. Key of G where I-V-ii-vi == G - D - A - E). Make the ii Dim and the vi minor and it sounds more interesting. That is all.
|4 years 27 weeks ago||Varsity Blue||
I thought Tim had a great site, and I then was introduced to this site via that avenue. I gradually started visiting this site more and more. When Varsity Blue closed with the migration of Tim to this site, the choice was obvious. This is the most comprehensive site for those enthusiastic about Michigan Football, Hockey, and Basketball. There is nothing else like it on the web. Period.
|4 years 27 weeks ago||I downloaded the latest||
I downloaded the latest version a couple of days ago and it runs. However, the MGoBoard posts are chronologically out of order. For example: the first post is dated Dec 6 2011, then Feb 4 2011, Jan 13 2011, followed by several 2009 posts before the latest 2012 posts. Perhaps I will try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Any suggests, nevertheless, are welcome.
|4 years 28 weeks ago||Wow||
That story was long, and boring as shit.
|4 years 29 weeks ago||That's Interesting,||
Tell me more...
|4 years 30 weeks ago||
Nice Floyd reference .... "The memories of a man in his old age are the deeds of a man in his prime..."
|4 years 31 weeks ago||Excellent point...||
I no longer partake in the "smoking" aspect of the game, but I would agree a day on the course is not the same without a bomber of Avery's Maharaja to enjoy. Unlike ultimate, Disc golfers have the ability to partake in their drug of choice during the activity.
|4 years 31 weeks ago||Truly,||
you have a dizzying intellect...
|4 years 31 weeks ago||Ultimate?||
I think we could safely put Lax as no. 2 if ultimate frisbee were recognized in the same athletic category.