Pull that Rope
- Member for
- 4 years 21 weeks
|3 years 21 weeks ago||I saw Denard in Chicago.||
When denard first arrived on campus we were similar sizes (6' 180 lbs) now he is definitely a lot bigger. I would say 6' 1" and closer to 200 than 190. Best of all he looks thicker, aka more padding. Also just love how down to earth he is when you introduce yourself to him.
|3 years 36 weeks ago||7 reasons why I agree NHL is better||
A few reasons why I agree that NBA playoffs are Not as good as the NHL playoffs, other than parody (which is a big one)
1. There is no defense in the NBA, in the playoffs teams play more defense but it's still nothing even compared to March Madness
2. A basketball team can win the NBA playoffs with basically 7 guys. 5 starters, 1 6th man that can shoot and 1 backup big man. I will agree that a goalie can take his team all the way in hockey but it's not the same.
3. Basketball is a game about stars like Kobe, James, Pierce, Rose, etc. Yes, the best teams have more scorers than that their big star but compared to hockey it's nothing. Look at the San Jose Sharks (GO SHARKS) with 7 20 goal scorers, that's a team effort.
4. Golden Goal: 3rd period tied up hockey games, and ones that continue into OT, are more intense than just about anything else you can watch.
5. Basketball players get ticky tack foul calls all the way through the playoffs (I will concede that refereeing basketball is possibly the most difficult sport to referee) Fouls also don't mean very much. Given fouling out can impact a game, but a power play and penalty kill is way more intense than an inbound or foul shot.
6. Basketball has too many timeouts, I know most people here agree with this.
7. The only part of a NBA game that matters is the 4th quarter. Hits, Fights, Breakaways, Blocked Shots, and Goals. Everything just matters more in hockey. 1 penalty, 1 goal, 1 save can change a game and a season.
|4 years 21 weeks ago||Free link to same info||
Here's mlive.com's take on it:
|4 years 21 weeks ago||If this was analogous to pokemon...||
I'd have caught them all
|4 years 21 weeks ago||(No subject)|
|4 years 21 weeks ago||I apologize for angering you.||
I apologize for angering you. I know that nobody is Pat White and that these team are different and will therefore implement different strategies. But I was commenting on how effective the spread can be when combined with a qb who is also dangerous when running the option.
|4 years 21 weeks ago||Denard ftw||
I was looking around at some Pat White highlight reels, Denard definitely looks more like Pat White than Tate.
When I think of RRs offense running on all gears I think of a qb that can fake the handoff and juke the first guy at the line of scrimmage and break out into the second level of the defense. Do you see Tate being able to do this, check it out from 40 seconds in:
|4 years 21 weeks ago||Poor scheduling by the networks||
It's an obvious choice to watch the UM/ND game but I think it does hurt the conference to have two national big 10 games kicking off at the same time.
Don't know how Miami will perform against a strong OSU defence, they held together well against an Oregon team that relied on offense. TP (obviously I'm not a fan) has shown improvements but I think OSU wins this game on the line with pressure on the qb and a strong running attack. I don't know if I can take the 8 pts, it might not be enough for Miami.
|4 years 21 weeks ago||What's wrong with a corner with size?||
I understand that speed and agility are extremely important for a cover corner, but what's wrong with a little height and mass? Outside wideouts with size are coveted why not have a corner that can challenge those guys for the ball. No matter what, I'm still pumped to see what he can do on the field.