- Member for
- 6 years 2 days
- View recent blog entries
- Alabama beat #1 Clemson after #3 MSU in CFP (up from 2)
- Clemson lost in CFP final to #2 Alabama after beating #4 Oklahoma (down from 1)
- Stanford after beating #6 Iowa in Rose Bowl (up from 5)
- OSU after beating #8 ND in Fiesta Bowl (up from 7)
- Oklahoma after losing to #1 Clemson in CFP (down from 4)
- MSU after being spanked by #2 Alabama in CFP (down from 3)
- TCU after beating #15 Oregon in Alamo Bowl (up from 11)
- Houston after beating #9 FSU in Peach Bowl (up from 14)
- Iowa after losing to #5 Stanford in Rose Bowl (down from 6)
- Ole Miss after beating #13 Oklahoma State in Sugar Bowl (up from 16)
- OSU beat #3 Oregon after #1 Alabama in CFP (up from 5)
- Oregon lost in CFP final to #5 OSU after beating #2 FSU (up from 3)
- TCU after beating #9 Ole Miss in Peach Bowl (up from 6)
- Alabama after losing to #5 OSU in CFP (down from 1)
- (tie) MSU after beating #4 Baylor in Cotton Bowl (up from 7)
- (tie) FSU after losing to #3 Oregon in CFP (down from 2)
- Baylor after losing to #7 MSU in Cotton Bowl (down from 4)
- Ga. Tech after beating #8 Miss St. in Orange Bowl (up from 10)
- Georgia after beating #20 Louisville in Belk Bowl (up from 13)
- UCLA after beating #11 Kansas St. in Alamo Bowl (up from 14)
- 292 Howard
- 152 IUPUI
- 35 Marquette
- 49 SMU
- 252 Mt. Saint Marys
- 317 Kennesaw St.
- 72 Texas
- 32 South Carolina
- 31 Va. Tech
- 14 UCLA
- 323 Central Arkansas
- 336 Maryland Eastern Shore
- 159 Furman
- 8 Wisconsin (home & away)
- 12 Purdue (home)
- 16 Indiana (home & away)
- 33 OSU (home)
- 38 MSU (home & away)
- 43 Northwestern (away)
- 55 Minnesota (away)
- 63 Maryland (home)
- 70 Illinois (home & away)
- 75 Nebraska (home & away)
- 87 Iowa (away)
- 99 PSU (home)
- 140 Rutgers (away)
- Michigan 90-47 vs. the other 3
- OSU 81-74 vs. the other 3
- Wisconsin 61-82 vs. the other 3
- PSU 72-101 vs. the other 3
- Michigan 2-1
- OSU 2-1
- PSU 2-1
- Wisconsin 0-3
- Michigan 2-0-1 (2.5 wins)
- PSU 2-1-0 (2 wins)
- OSU 0-1-2 (1 win)
- Wisconsin 0-2-1 (.5 wins)
|1 week 1 day ago||With a weekly visit||
from Section 1. Gold!
|1 week 1 day ago||stole it all||
from Steve Dahl.
|3 weeks 2 days ago||Previous two years,||
the end of season AP top 4 didn't even match the CFP top 4 (order different last year, OSU was 5th in 2014). The CFP is done for the year putting out rankings. AP voters are independent and separate and can vote whatever they want. I can see an AP #3 if Michigan wins and PSU loses or even if PSU squeaks out a win. Current poll only has PSU 3 points ahead of Michigan, FYI.
Last two years' Final AP polls (CFP in bold):
If the CFP #5 or #6 win, they've moved up to #3. Otherwise, they've dropped to #7 or #9 in the AP poll. Haven't seen both 5 and 6 win at the same time yet.
|3 weeks 2 days ago||LB Vernon Norwood||
as Vivian (Selma Blair)
|3 weeks 2 days ago||You can pick your friends||
and you can pick your Butt.
|4 weeks 1 day ago||Unless Phoenix moved down||
Unless Phoenix moved down under, I'd like to know how much Outback paid to keep their name on the bowl in the post
|4 weeks 1 day ago||So which of the three||
So which of the three findings is the Rogue One?
|4 weeks 4 days ago||At least it didn't mean||
the rest of the team lost their coach or anything.
|4 weeks 4 days ago||Met him at Akron||
I think he's too comfy as an admin to want to go back to coaching.
|4 weeks 5 days ago||Paying players will not||
Paying players will not change this dialog. The Team x3.
|4 weeks 5 days ago||Well, I guess there's only an upside here for Kill||
Rutgers 2016 rankings:
Total offense: worst
Pass offense: 7th worst
Rush offense: 25th worst
Scoring offense: 2nd worst
|4 weeks 6 days ago||It would have to be a club||
It would have to be a club team
|5 weeks 1 day ago||So I read a book today||
but yesterday I red a book?
|5 weeks 2 days ago||Mobile +1 for Mgoname I never||
Mobile +1 for Mgoname I never noticed before.
|5 weeks 2 days ago||Mmmm love Nutmeg on the egg||
Mmmm love Nutmeg on the egg nog this time of year.
|5 weeks 4 days ago||Great town for multiple NFL||
Great town for multiple NFL franchises. Cue Randy Newman.
|6 weeks 2 days ago||Cause I wonder||
where you are
|6 weeks 2 days ago||The really sad part is having watched two||
heartbreaking games Jake was in
11/24/12 - Moeller 26 PHSN 21 in the state semifinals
and then 4 years and a day later.
What coulda been.
|6 weeks 2 days ago||Best thing out of Pickerington||
since those two brothers who played Halo for a living!
Way to go, Jake!
|6 weeks 3 days ago||Non conference has had its ups and downs||
Will it get any better in conference? Per Kenpom, the B1G and the Big East are tied for average rank of their conference members as 3 best conferences (so, right in the middle of the Power 6 conferences).
Kenpom Ranks (Michigan is 26):
Wins so far:
Lose against 32 and above, win against 33 and below
Remaining non-conference games - one of these things is not like the others:
BTW, Florida Atlantic is 221...
So, we'll likely enter B1G season at 10-3. B1G teams above 40:
I'll assume 2-6 for those games
The lower B1G:
I'll predict 9-1 on these games
11-7 conference, 21-10 overall. Maybe 2 top-25 wins, and likely no losses against 100 and below.
Last year was 10-8, 20-11 in the regular season. A 1 game improvement, so might avoid the play-in game but still be a low seed. Anything beyond that will be a pleasant surprise. Not making tourney would be sad but could certainly happen if team goes cold like the South Carolina game for any extended amount of time.
|6 weeks 3 days ago||Never||
|6 weeks 3 days ago||Enjoyable||
Had time to kill in the car and listened to this with glee. Actually enjoy the radio announcers for OSU. Too many turnovers and too many missed FT's for OSU to win. Props to Florida Atlantic.
|6 weeks 6 days ago||Last two||
years have shown that the CFP committee tries to be unpredictable in my estimation, and I think they'll throw the Big 12 a bone and not put 3 B1G teams ahead of their conference champ.
|6 weeks 6 days ago||Going by the 4 team round robin for the B1G candidate||
It should be
Proof- total scores for the B1G teams in the head to head round robin
or... won-loss records:
3 way tie at the top, record for each of those three against the other two is 1-1, and I'll arbitrarily pick Michigan and pretend Iowa didn't happen.
or.... treating overtime as ties/half a win in the round robin:
Alabama curb stomps Washington. OSU squeaks out win over Clemson. Alabama shuts out OSU on the national stage.
|7 weeks 20 hours ago||It's like Mayberry here.||
It's like Mayberry here.
|7 weeks 1 day ago||I'd replace the GoPros||
with Samsung Gear and watch them jumping and screaming like the folks on the commercial.
|7 weeks 2 days ago||Isn't Congo||
the proper term again?
|7 weeks 3 days ago||Rah rah go Chaos go!||
Rah rah go Chaos go!
|8 weeks 4 hours ago||Had the same thought||
Had the same thought
|8 weeks 20 hours ago||For those who can't sleep||
4 AM Eastern tomorrow morning, on ESPN U: E:60 "Miracle at Michigan." Switch channels when it ends, though.