here's one vote for "John Beilein's head in a Futurama jar"
- Member for
- 5 years 46 weeks
- View recent blog entries
|5 weeks 3 days ago||What in the world||
Is wrong with your head?
|6 weeks 2 days ago||In the arms of an angel....||
...run away from here.
|6 weeks 3 days ago||Records are always hard to predict||
Michigan has a lot of home games it could win and three tough road games.
Regardless of how it does in the home games, it is really the three road games that are the most important. Those are Michigan's three biggest rivals and teams that Michigan lost at the last time the played.
So, let's focus on those games. Most people here are negative and can't predict success after ast year. There is almost a stigma with predicting success over Sparty in light of the terrible loss last year. But, those EMOTIONS aside, lets look at the reasons all three of those games are winable:
1. Notre Dame - Michigan has done well against them, even in the BCS NC game year. Michigan is not intimidated by South Bend (few are). Plus, this game is early in the season and that usually favors strong defensive teams. Based on how Michigan has played ND the last few years, I can't see this as anything other than a TOSS UP at worst.
2. MSU - Michigan fans are loath to predict success after thumping chests by neighbor Spartan fans after last year andthat team beating expectations. As a Michigan fan, in order to predict a win here you have to overcome a lot of negativity and misnomers as someone who is thinking of the Carr years. But, there are reasons other than nostalgia to project a potential win. MSU only has 5 guys back on defense and their OL is a bit of a question. MSU has typically enjoyed a down year after an up year. The only exception was 2010 to 2011, but 2010 was not an especially strong squad and wasnt a targeted team the next year. The up and down years may be because of recruiting or may be because of the difficulty of playing with a mark on your back. It would be shocking if they were able to be in position to contend for another B10 title given their departures.
3. OSU - The rograms seems to be in a weird spot. It has tons of telent. ut, it appears Meyer is finally undergoing transition strains. They have to rebuild their offensive line and they will be playing lots of young guys. Meyer's teams are always dangerous, but he generally starts strong at a school but doesn't stick around. Personally, I think he got a taste of how good life can be as a TV personality, but he missed the compeition of the game. he got that back and was re-invigorated for a bit. His recruiting efforts SEEM to indicate he is not as energetic as before. It is always hard to play in C-BUS and since this is the best coach and the most taleneted team Michigan plays, it will be the toughest of the three.
If the line gets better and the defense seems a normal increase in production from the experience and depth, you can see a scnario for winning each of these games. It is not likely, and its never likely to win all your games. But, I could easily see us winning the ND game and, if all goes well, the MSU game too. If we are in a position to win the OSU game it will either be because of a phenominal season or implosion by the Buckeyes.
|6 weeks 4 days ago||Maybe||
Don ends up falling madly in love with Peggy. She turns him down because she is smart and knows he is damaged goods. He ends up in a spiral.
|6 weeks 4 days ago||I was alive||
EDIT - The post I was responding to showed up on mobile, but appears to be goe now.
So, it resonates with me.
Plus, it happened as recently as 2006, were you alive then?
It has only been 15 years since our last national title. Don't pretend it was before the invention of sliced bread.
Regardless, we all talk about stuff that happened before we were born without thinking it is running out of milage. Did you celebrate Memorial Day by saying that all the people who did in war before you were born should not be "reminisced" because they were running out of mileage.
Your's was a stupid post on multiple fronts.
|6 weeks 5 days ago||Too literal||
I wouldn't think they would try to track one man so closely. I remember some talk about the ending being sad and showing the downfall of their ways. But, I am not sure who mentioned that (it was early in the series in a NPR interview with Terri Gross).
|6 weeks 5 days ago||I think...||
Personally, I think she figured out that Don confronted Lane about the embezzled funds and she blames Don for his death on some way.
|6 weeks 6 days ago||TV ratings||
Have nothing to do with quality. You know that,
|6 weeks 6 days ago||I think he's right.||
There is nothing "simply wrong" about his opinion. Other people share it and it's legit to have an opinion.
|7 weeks 6 days ago||Waiting||
Great stuff. And for some reason the negative group think with a big contingent of Michigan fans won't comment here. It is so easy to criticize a program (even as a fan), but so hard to be positive when you are getting heat from a couple rival fan bases for a bad season and recent transition seasons.
|8 weeks 2 days ago||Movie rights?||
It's sad, but I can't help but think that this guy or someone related t him will make money by selling the movie rights. This is the perfect story for Ben Affleck to use to showcase his Boston accent.
I hope he can't profit off his crime.
|8 weeks 2 days ago||Redemption?||
Wasn't Fargas seriously injured and then jumped on the depth chart here? Didn't hugest moved to safety?
I don't think We are owed any redemption from USC for that.
|8 weeks 6 days ago||No real difference||
Signing just means you are exclusive and they pay you 3-5K. Trying out with the team is very similar AFAIK
|9 weeks 2 days ago||Crown him.||
He is doing about as well a Hoke did his first year recruiting. Meanwhile, Hoke is on the hot seat a bit.
|10 weeks 1 day ago||Its Friday, so the title did this to me….||
|10 weeks 2 days ago||Thank god||
Brian's negativity and discontent is unbecoming for kids logging on to read about themselves.
|10 weeks 2 days ago||Not as many||
There are not as many optimists posting here. That is my guess. The negative nancies are out if full force after last year. The optimists are often to posting here because the it is like swimming up river I this environment. Remember Brian had to put on his optimist hat in a recent mailbag and it was done begrudgingly.
|10 weeks 2 days ago||Here?||
Is this where we get to log in and say something pessimistic?
|10 weeks 3 days ago||Were they banned for life?||
It seems that is the only just response to bigots for the NBA.
Please explain the difference to me.
|10 weeks 3 days ago||No doubt||
There seems little doubt Spike Lee is a racist. They won't ban him from the NBA though. They might ban him from tennis, golf or some other white sport though. That was Sterling's real problem in all this.
It has nothing to do with justice. It has everything to do with money.
|10 weeks 3 days ago||Maybe||
I don't think that would be the case though. I bet they find a way to let anything go, unless it hurts the bottom line.
|10 weeks 3 days ago||Good points.||
I agree, but I think it will be easy for the NBA to draw a line.
I think they won't do the exact same thing to owners with a history of misogyny, homophobia, religous hatred, etc.
The reason for this is simple. The NBA has a lot of black players and fans. It could be called a predominantly black sport. That is why this action was taken and other forms of bigotry are just ignored.
It's why Ozzie Guillen can get canned in South Florida for making a comment that was favorable to Castro. That is why professional golfers like Fuzzy Zoeller can mock minorities. Golf is a mainly white sport. That is why NASCAR drivers can be openly derogatory about women and Danica Patrick. It is a mainly white male sport.
This has little to do with what is "just" for a bigot and everything to do with money.
Shocking, I know.
|10 weeks 3 days ago||Sad||
Sterling is not indefensible just because he is a bigot. Things are not that black and white. Pun intended.
|10 weeks 5 days ago||Thank you||
What a horribly misleading stat that was to use. If you wouldn't have posted this I might have actually thought it had some merit.
|10 weeks 5 days ago||???||
That had nothing to do with my point. Are you trying to make a seperate point that Hoke took advantage of bad MSU and OSU teams?
Well how about the converse?
Dantonio has only ONE win against UM when UM had a winning conference record. The UM teams he beat had a combined B10 record of 15-25. Not inspiring....but the Spartans love him
Urban has beatn UM teams with acombined record of 9-7. A little more inspiring.
If you really want to compare Hoke to his counterparts at MSU and OSU, at least be fair about it. I get the sense you just don't want to be because someone hurt your feelings......awwww....
|10 weeks 5 days ago||Weird framing||
It is strange you chose 6 years and 10 years as time frames to look at the schools. You could have just said:
Hoke is 1-2 against both current head coaches. or
UM is 2-5 against Dantonio and 0-2 against Meyer.
But, you chose the question in a way to make it seem like we are in the same spot in the two rivalries. I guess that is what you wanted since you are tryingto make it seem like a hard decision.
For me, it is OSU, no doubt and there are a ton of reasons:
1. OSU will likely be the main contendor. MSU does not have the same consistency.
2. Hoke has not beaten Meyer.
3. Over the last ten years, MSU and UM are 5-5. OSU has killed us for a long time.
4. The world (and recruits) will notice more.
5. OSU came into Michigan stadium and beat UM. There is less payback for MSU since we just lost another road game. PLus, the way OSU beat us was infuriating.
|11 weeks 4 days ago||You know little||
That is why I asked the question. N be seems to address it. The academic standards for undergrad may not be rigorous, but could be for grad school.
I firmly believe Michigan's standards for undergrad football players are the same as elsewhere. But, their standards for Juco players is clearly different. Who is to say that the grad student requirements are either the same as everyone or different?
I don't know and that s why I asked. You seem to assume, but you don't know.
|11 weeks 4 days ago||No pretending||
No one is pretending. I just asked a question.
It is a legit question. Why have we never signed a grad student the ?
|11 weeks 4 days ago||Really likely?||
What were the chanes he was going to be admitted here? I honestly don't know. I just know UM rarely can take JuCo transfers and hasn't had a grad player since....ever?
Not saying he wasn't allowed in to UM, just curious if that had ANYTHING to do with it? If you know....
|12 weeks 5 days ago||It's not a lie||
I am sorry if you call word choice a "politician" thing, is that supposed to mean it was a lie? It just wasn't a lie. I am sorry if you want him to offer up more information than requested, but that is a stupid thing to want. It would have been a bad choice to offer up more than that.