- Member for
- 5 years 34 weeks
- View recent blog entries
|1 day 8 hours ago||You know little||
That is why I asked the question. N be seems to address it. The academic standards for undergrad may not be rigorous, but could be for grad school.
I firmly believe Michigan's standards for undergrad football players are the same as elsewhere. But, their standards for Juco players is clearly different. Who is to say that the grad student requirements are either the same as everyone or different?
I don't know and that s why I asked. You seem to assume, but you don't know.
|1 day 8 hours ago||No pretending||
No one is pretending. I just asked a question.
It is a legit question. Why have we never signed a grad student the ?
|1 day 9 hours ago||Really likely?||
What were the chanes he was going to be admitted here? I honestly don't know. I just know UM rarely can take JuCo transfers and hasn't had a grad player since....ever?
Not saying he wasn't allowed in to UM, just curious if that had ANYTHING to do with it? If you know....
|1 week 2 days ago||It's not a lie||
I am sorry if you call word choice a "politician" thing, is that supposed to mean it was a lie? It just wasn't a lie. I am sorry if you want him to offer up more information than requested, but that is a stupid thing to want. It would have been a bad choice to offer up more than that.
|1 week 2 days ago||I see a lot of questions people are glossing over||
Are people here trying to discuss a controversial subject without addressing some fundamental questions that need to be asked?
These things make this report virtually meaningless:
1. How are most sexual assaults dealt with? The police? It's not like the police are ignoring rape allegations at all. The university is just another place to lodge a complaint, but they are not an. Investigatory or police body. Their delay in meeting recommended time frames is annoying and a little troublesome, but not even close to an impediment to real justice for victims.
2. It is the student government report concerning their beliefs regarding public documents. Who cares?how uplifted is the student government to make an analysis? Is this similar to a Roundtable of college kids looking at documents and then issuing a finding? Do they have any idea how normal this is at schools? Do they know anything about evidence preservation and whether it is a concern? I just think a group of people specially unqualified means little. Maybe this is why their findings have basically been the same content as newspaper reports in general.
3. The real issue in all of this is how the school responds to sexual misconduct allegations. This student body, however, focused on Gibbons. It's newsworthy and they want to to seem active on it. It is sad that it takes the involvement of a FB player for a "task force" to be convened, but it symbolizes the important issue to them - football. They wouldn't have done this otherwise. What does that tell you?
4. With respect to Hoke's comments - we know he didn't come out and say all he knew. We know that was good for his own liability and for Gibbons. It was a smart move. People who think he should have said something know nothing about legal liability or privacy.... Let alone anything about being on a team and not airing other's dirty laundry for no reason.
You guys want to talk about rape allegations and the football program and whether it is even worth discussing seems Liston some of you.
|1 week 6 days ago||Speaking as a parent....||
I am a parent. So, speaking as a parent, I think that I would like my son to get paid for working hard and not to be exploited. Speaking as a parent, I feel these NCAA violations are similar to marijuana laws in that they serve no real purpose other than to protect certain industries that shouldn't need protection.
Speaking as a college football fan, though, I want my team to have the same shot at recruits. Either allow it or enforce the rules, but this B.S. of having rules on the books that are constantly violated without repercussions only hurts people like John Beilein who try to abide by the rules, no matter how stupid.
So, what is it? Get rid of the rules or actually police them for everyone? The worst answer is not to answer.
P.S. - Speaking as a parent, I do not want to "feelingsball you" and that sounds like some level of sexual assault anyway.
|3 weeks 3 days ago||It brings out...||
...the young nitwits who think you should build statutes for finishing fourth because it is hard to do. And the basketball recruits of that generation.
|3 weeks 3 days ago||Because they call it a region||
Instead of just calling it the quarterfinal round?
|3 weeks 3 days ago||I like that.||
If you want to commemorate a great, but not top achievement, don't give it the same treatment as top achievements.
|3 weeks 3 days ago||Yeah||
It has become common and you have to do it if others are doing it. It's kind of like RAWK muzak at football games... Even venerable Michigan does it, but it doesn't make it right. I can't wait for the race to the bottom when there are banners for making the sweet sixteen.
|3 weeks 3 days ago||Then why not||
Have a banner for finishing in the top five of the polls too
|3 weeks 3 days ago||It's a big deal.||
Just not something that should get equal footing with winning championships.
|3 weeks 3 days ago||Recognize?||
Yes. And celebrate. But to give it equal footing in the rafters with winning a championship diminishes the championship banners.
|3 weeks 3 days ago||Final fours are a big deal||
You can think that and still not think it is banner worthy. Simple as that. And, there should be no banners for winning the Citrus Bowl or Pinstripe Bowl.
|3 weeks 3 days ago||Michigan||
Has been in the big ten forever. How many seasons have they been in the Midwest region with Kentucky and Wofford?
|3 weeks 3 days ago||Finishing in the top five...||
... of the football polls is a similarly great feat. No banner for that though.
|3 weeks 3 days ago||The region?||
They put 16 teams in a made up division an you call that winning something? What if the didn't call it a regional and just played all the games at the same geographic site... because that is a a random as make believe "regions"
|3 weeks 3 days ago||I agree.||
Final fours are tough to get to, but that doesn't mean they are banner worthy. Finishing second or third in any sport is tough, no question about that. But, that is not a reason to have a trophy.
|3 weeks 3 days ago||No||
You can hang a banner to commemorate a 10 point win over a rival if you want to AFAIK.
|5 weeks 6 days ago||What?||
Is this referring to something in particular?
|7 weeks 5 days ago||Clearly||
You're not new here, so why do you act that way?
This site is clearly about the top picture.
Next you'll be asking....
1. Do we really care about punctuation and grammar so much or the thought behind comments?
2. Do we really want to be ones who make fun of other team's off field problems or just support all kids who play sports and go through stuggles?
3. Do we really hate Dave Brandon's commercialization or should we be supportive of the growing revenue helping our school and program?
What ever you think is the worse choice.... that is us.
|8 weeks 1 day ago||How can you be a bottom line guy?||
You are jumping to a lot of conclusions to get to your bottom line, aren't you?
|8 weeks 1 day ago||Silly man...||
The point is clearly that you ave to have patience to figure out if you have an Ellerbe or a Beilein.
|8 weeks 1 day ago||ESPN?||
Those sentiments were echoed at ESPN, which considered the original piece well-founded, but maybe a little too harsh.
|8 weeks 5 days ago||Ask him....||
.... what Jaya Crowe saw on her visit and why he would yell at her.
|9 weeks 1 day ago||How about....||
|9 weeks 6 days ago||Bad idea||
The equivalent of the Cowboy Classic instead of great home and home series?
|10 weeks 1 day ago||In one way...||
They are all troubled kids who have their priorities mixed up off the field.
|10 weeks 1 day ago||Nope.||
Ask Nussmeier about the Bama offer.
|10 weeks 1 day ago||Excuses?||
He is saying the playing field with respect to the quality of player taken is uneven. How is that an excuse? Has Dantonio disciplined a kid or two? Yeah? Does he concern himself as much with taking kids who have big questions (Burbridge, Evans, Campbell, Eric.)? Nope.