fair point that
- Member for
- 6 years 24 weeks
- View recent blog entries
- I hate Comcast. Seth should add a few more offline F-bombs to his chart, if their is a tag for "anti-cable provider rant."
- Back in the simple days of there being 4 possible games to watch on TV for the whole country, all day, none of this would have ever happened. (And I probably would have missed the game entirely).
- Picked a Peppers
- Targeting on Bolden
- Lyle chucks Wormley
- Self-pass Facemask
- RJS gets Bearhugged
- Holding on Braden (his arm is extended, he appears to slow the rusher down)
- Reschke early (it is a PI, but I take issue with your call likelihood; I'd put it at 15%)
- Butt catch (although the point about who made the call on the field boots it at least intoin between)
- Henry flop (just bad judgment, literally unnecessary no matter when the whistle was blown)
- Hold on Wormley for safety (already excluded)
- Anything on The Play That Shall Not Be Named
- Holding on 86 (there is contact)
|3 hours 10 min ago||Found an Oberon -- the last||
Found an Oberon -- the last one -- in my Dad's fridge. Drank it.
|1 day 1 hour ago||SERVER NEEDS MOAR HAMSTERS!!!!!||
SERVER NEEDS MOAR HAMSTERS!!!!!
|1 day 1 hour ago||These awards are half-decided||
These awards are half-decided before the season starts. So, it's all Jourdan's next year. I said Next Year -- right, Jourdan?
|6 days 20 hours ago||22-21, Michigan||
we win on last second FG attempt
|1 week 1 day ago||Check out Stribling on this||
Check out Stribling on this video. He's the least excited guy there. Someone should have told him we won.
|1 week 4 days ago||Tsk tsk scoring too quickly...||
Tsk tsk scoring too quickly...
|1 week 5 days ago||Well, I like Henne, Morris,||
Well, I like Henne, Morris, Henson and Gardner when he was a backup. Have a soft spot for Demetrius Brown and Spencer Brinton. But yeah, ultimately I have to go with Rick Leach.
|1 week 5 days ago||also||
I was only off by a FG last time, and the only one that close. I no getty no shirt?
|1 week 5 days ago||39-24, Michigan||
tied at halftime
|2 weeks 5 days ago||49-13, Michigan||
|2 weeks 5 days ago||opening at MSU||
possible appeal of the USC (*2) jobs: when Clem(p)son or UCLA slights their rival, it's their actual #1 rival. whoaboy can you make hay with that.
|2 weeks 5 days ago||TMI?||
|2 weeks 5 days ago||Well put, The Baughz. Well put!||
Well put, The Baughz. Well put!
|3 weeks 2 days ago||Next year Peppers will be the||
Next year Peppers will be the best player in the big ten at every position. (Fixed it for you)
|3 weeks 2 days ago||correct||
Both are, in fact catches: the hand is under the ball and in full control of the ball, even if part of the ball touches the ground.
|3 weeks 2 days ago||Gray?||
I still say those unis were green.
|3 weeks 2 days ago||Answer: piccolo||
Question: What is the Italian word for "small?"
(also accepted: "not 'tall'"*)
The small-medium-large scheme has worked for hundreds of years for thousands of purveyors of retail goods. I don't see why Starbucks should think they've made it any better with their own terminoogy.
*also also accepted: "not tall"
|3 weeks 3 days ago||I had Comcast issues||
1) ESPN -- and only ESPN -- vanished from my cable choices around the end of the first quarter. (I was DVRing it, too -- but my DVR goes to a blank screen then).
2) WatchESPN works reasonably well, but for a few moments when the action freezes and resumes mid-play. Then, just after halftime, it cuts out. Figuring it might be a Chrome issue, I try my luck with Explorer or Edge or whatever the MS browser is called.
3) That works great -- except for no sound. (Had BTN been broadcasting, I'd have viewed it as a feature, not a bug). Meanwhile, I have no idea why Speight is in there, as I missed the Rudock injury play and I have no sound to fill me in.
4) I end up watching the last 10 minutes, including the last play, on my phone. Thanks god for that, although my 45-y.o. eyes are just a little bit more squinty this morning.
Morals of the story:
|3 weeks 5 days ago||23-9, M||
Michigan, that is.
|4 weeks 10 hours ago||Apology||
That came out wrong. The responders interpretations are not what I meant, but the wording is all my fault. Sorry.
What I meant is that there are some coaches that annoy me and I would love for them to make a sudden decision to cease coaching. (Like an idiot) I was not thinking of the reason for the decision, either in this case or the implied hypothetical cases.
|4 weeks 11 hours ago||While there are some coaches||
While there are some coaches I would love to see take this path, Coach Kill is not one of them. A fun, stand-up guy who has done an outstanding job coaching -- 2014 in particular.
|4 weeks 2 days ago||I have no good authorityon this||
But I had always heard it was LBJ. I didn't even think Scorekeepers really had windows.
|4 weeks 2 days ago||Least favorite LBJ (alleged)||
Least favorite LBJ (alleged) moment: Brian Griese throwing a chair through a window there.
|5 weeks 9 hours ago||Especially if by "eventually"||
Especially if by "eventually" you mean "already".
|5 weeks 21 hours ago||Perhaps currency might have to enter the picture.||
Perhaps currency might have to enter the picture.
|5 weeks 21 hours ago||2 thoughts||
1) When I read the Texas Tinhat Conspiracy Screed, I quickly dismissed it because their Case In Point #2 was a downfiled hold that they swore -- SWORE -- was not a hold. It was a hold. Moral, focus on the obvious f-ups, not the marginal ones.
Which one's are obivous and which are marginal? I'd make the divide here:
With more conservative qualifying criteria, you still get a 8.96 swing on those 5 calls. Sparty has got nothing excpet maybe the long Houma push. And all of that is before the PTSNBN even rears its ugly head..
2) To really insulate against charges of bias, this exercise needs to be done by a neutral observer. A college football fan who likes/hates both sides equally. Perhaps the CFB Blogosphere could provide this third party service to one another. Bloggers from both sides would submit a roll of plays to blogger representing another team. The third party judges, and wittily reflects on the pain and misery (or unde glory) due to the stripies in that game.
|5 weeks 2 days ago||Yup||
Mike Hart may have uttered the "Little Brother" comment, but Mark Dantonio is the one who has made it true.
|5 weeks 2 days ago||Hold out for the acknowledgment of error by the B1G||
and then take that and a buck-ninety-nine to Starbucks for a small coffee.
|5 weeks 2 days ago||No gimmees in college hockey||
Or "scrub teams" as you call them. There is parity out there like in no other sport. Even with Atlantic Hockey team, as the conference seems to show int eh tournament every March.
|5 weeks 2 days ago||props for bringing up the Phantom touchdown||
I like to joke that growing up a Michigan fan taught me a lot of important life lessons: my times tables (particularly after watching M beat Navy 70-14 -- I was always good at me 7's after that), and that life doesn't always give you you what you want (thanks to the Phantom TD when I was 7 years old). That last part is kind of serious, though. Sure I wished the refs had gotten that right, but yeah, there's probably a little more steel in my spine as a result of that incident.