"Rodrick Williams Jr.'s 10-month old, 2-foot-long savannah monitor named "Kill" gets the RB some strange looks when they go for walks together."
- Member for
- 6 years 7 weeks
- View recent blog entries
- Who’s back: Melo Trimble, Jake Layman, Jared Nickens, Michal Cevosky
- Who’s gone: Dez Wells, Richaud Pack
- Who they’re getting: Robert Carter, Diamond Stone, Rasheed Sulaimon, Jaylen Brantley
- Why they’re here: Getting Trimble to announce that he will be coming back to school is huge, as is the return of Layman, because the Terps are going to have plenty of firepower up front. Georgia Tech transfer Carter and top ten recruit Stone will headline one of the better front lines in the Big Ten, and adding Sulaimon gives the Terps talent at every position.
- Who’s back: Denzel Valentine, Lourawls Nairn, Bryn Forbes, Matt Costello, Gavin Schilling
- Who’s gone: Travis Trice, Branden Dawson
- Who they’re getting: Eron Harris, Deyonta Davis, Matt McQuaid
- Why they’re here: West Virginia transfer Harris is going to have a chance to be a very, very good player in this back court. They need Nairn to take a significant step forward, particularly offensively, but Valentine may end up being the Big Ten Player of the Year. Adding Davis will help inside, but this group would be even more potent had they managed to hang onto Caleb Swanigan.
- Who’s back: Yogi Ferrell, James Blackmon Jr., Troy Williams, Robert Johnson, Hanner Mosquera-Perea, Nick Zeisloft
- Who’s gone: Max Hoetzel, Stanford Robinson
- Who they’re getting: Thomas Bryant, Juwan Morgan
- Why they’re here: The four things that Tom Crean needed to have happen did: He landed a commitment from Bryant, a shot-blocking and rebounding presence around the rim, while getting Ferrell, Blackmon and Williams back for another year.
- Who’s back: Caris LeVert, Derrick Walton, Zak Irvin, Kameron Chatman, Ricky Doyle, Spike Albrecht, Aubrey Dawkins
- Who’s gone: Max Biefieldt
- Who they’re getting: Moritz Wagner, Duncan Robinson
- Why they’re here: The Wolverines struggled last season while dealing with injuries, but they return everyone that matters from last season, have a front line with a year of experience under their belt and John Beilein. I’ll bet on that.
- Who’s back: Nigel Hayes, Bronson Koenig
- Who’s gone: Frank Kaminsky, Sam Dekker, Josh Gasser, Traevon Jackson, Duje Dukan
- Who they’re getting: Brevin Pritzl, Charlie Thomas, Alex Illikainen, Jahlil Iverson
- Why they’re here: You’re going to be the guy to bet against Bo Ryan turning this into a top 25 team? We’re not.
|10 hours 55 min ago||And then he starts again against Oregon State||
|10 hours 57 min ago||"as we new it"||
giving benefit of the doubt
|11 hours 2 min ago||And it will look different on the road||
|11 hours 3 min ago||including a fake premature drop of the football||
at the Utah one yard line.
|11 hours 4 min ago||Urban Meyer fakes heart palpitations||
as a cover for why he's leaving Ohio State after losing 51-14 to Jim Harbaugh. (Harbaugh discovers a way to go for three after a TD and rubs it in.)
|11 hours 10 min ago||And then he wins the next five, too||
|11 hours 11 min ago||Brian Mone cliches the gold in the team gymnastics competition||
by sticking the vault on a broken leg
|11 hours 42 min ago||Our Success...||
|11 hours 45 min ago||Maybe this time he says||
"I would have driven to Illinois" (had they not flown me in).
|14 hours 15 min ago||Sweep the Leg, Victor||
|14 hours 22 min ago||But think of the hair grooming tips the players got from GERG||
That will last them into their senior citizen years.
|14 hours 26 min ago||"Rolling guys 10 yards off the ball"||
means 50 year old Muttley could average 10 yards/carry behind that line.
|14 hours 27 min ago||"Same kind of stuff"||
So use some context/reasonableness/consistency tests.
Yes, players all say stuff like that for the new coach.
But when the new coach has been to the Super Bowl, there's reason to believe the examples of "here's a specific way our coaching is better".
|16 hours 15 min ago||If I was the Illini AD, I'd mimic the Bears' uniform||
No reason not to mooch off the Bears following in Illinois.
Dark blue could come very close to black.
|16 hours 23 min ago||The Illini are paying tribute to Bill Veeck's White Sox||
And if I was an opposing defensive coordinator, I'd be on the lookout for the midget misdirection play.
|19 hours 3 min ago||One for each of the QBs above||
because they'll all be starting in Harbaugh's new secret offense.
Why do you think he's trying to get 85 QBs on the roster? (Even more innovative is Harbaugh's defense, in which we play 11 QBs and snap the ball to ourselves before the opposing center gets around to it.)
|19 hours 8 min ago||It's Nick Sheridan's hair that is making a comeback||
|1 day 6 hours ago||This preseason ranking has Maryland #2 nationally||
I've heard them as #1 elsewhere
Big Ten mentions:
12. Michigan State
|1 day 6 hours ago||Yeah, we play Maryland twice||
but the other home-and-homes are against
6-2 or 7-1 against those four immediately above would put us in good or great shape.
|1 day 7 hours ago||Don't forget the "Dunk You Very Much"||
and of course, the
Other Named Dunks:
|1 day 10 hours ago||Found it||
|1 day 11 hours ago||Baumgardner overlooked a key size observation||
"Gentry is huge"
|1 day 12 hours ago||I think it's more related to Harbaugh's intense prioritization||
of value-added activities over anything that's just for appearance (e.g. pants selection).
The depth chart doesn't contribute to wins/losses. Harbaugh spends his time on stuff that does.
Let someone else handle appearances.
|1 day 19 hours ago||I'm sure the NCAA lawyers love this||
If instead they instituted a notion of "Fine Currency Debt", now that would be interesting.
Infraction A at price X could be paid by some combination of Stairs (price Y), Gassers (price Z), Etc.
Not very helpful to the team, but interesting.
|1 day 19 hours ago||The future called and said this one|
|1 day 19 hours ago||I'm a Man + 10||
Colored tighties doesn't rhyme.
|2 days 3 hours ago||Ahh...so you won't have to miss any plays||
|2 days 3 hours ago||Not Brandon-Approved||
The M is too skinny in the middle and you can't see the straight vertical segments
|2 days 3 hours ago||Embed Fail||
Pretty close to "Who's Got It Better Than Us?"
|2 days 12 hours ago||Reader Poll: Who will win the new look Empire 8?||
I always had a fondness for Alfred.
Related to local Michigan interest, Adrian is favored to repeat as MIAA champ.
Preseason MIAA Coaches Poll Results