don't we all
- Member for
- 6 years 7 weeks
- View recent blog entries
- Who’s back: Melo Trimble, Jake Layman, Jared Nickens, Michal Cevosky
- Who’s gone: Dez Wells, Richaud Pack
- Who they’re getting: Robert Carter, Diamond Stone, Rasheed Sulaimon, Jaylen Brantley
- Why they’re here: Getting Trimble to announce that he will be coming back to school is huge, as is the return of Layman, because the Terps are going to have plenty of firepower up front. Georgia Tech transfer Carter and top ten recruit Stone will headline one of the better front lines in the Big Ten, and adding Sulaimon gives the Terps talent at every position.
- Who’s back: Denzel Valentine, Lourawls Nairn, Bryn Forbes, Matt Costello, Gavin Schilling
- Who’s gone: Travis Trice, Branden Dawson
- Who they’re getting: Eron Harris, Deyonta Davis, Matt McQuaid
- Why they’re here: West Virginia transfer Harris is going to have a chance to be a very, very good player in this back court. They need Nairn to take a significant step forward, particularly offensively, but Valentine may end up being the Big Ten Player of the Year. Adding Davis will help inside, but this group would be even more potent had they managed to hang onto Caleb Swanigan.
- Who’s back: Yogi Ferrell, James Blackmon Jr., Troy Williams, Robert Johnson, Hanner Mosquera-Perea, Nick Zeisloft
- Who’s gone: Max Hoetzel, Stanford Robinson
- Who they’re getting: Thomas Bryant, Juwan Morgan
- Why they’re here: The four things that Tom Crean needed to have happen did: He landed a commitment from Bryant, a shot-blocking and rebounding presence around the rim, while getting Ferrell, Blackmon and Williams back for another year.
- Who’s back: Caris LeVert, Derrick Walton, Zak Irvin, Kameron Chatman, Ricky Doyle, Spike Albrecht, Aubrey Dawkins
- Who’s gone: Max Biefieldt
- Who they’re getting: Moritz Wagner, Duncan Robinson
- Why they’re here: The Wolverines struggled last season while dealing with injuries, but they return everyone that matters from last season, have a front line with a year of experience under their belt and John Beilein. I’ll bet on that.
- Who’s back: Nigel Hayes, Bronson Koenig
- Who’s gone: Frank Kaminsky, Sam Dekker, Josh Gasser, Traevon Jackson, Duje Dukan
- Who they’re getting: Brevin Pritzl, Charlie Thomas, Alex Illikainen, Jahlil Iverson
- Why they’re here: You’re going to be the guy to bet against Bo Ryan turning this into a top 25 team? We’re not.
|8 hours 56 min ago||This preseason ranking has Maryland #2 nationally||
I've heard them as #1 elsewhere
Big Ten mentions:
12. Michigan State
|9 hours 3 min ago||Yeah, we play Maryland twice||
but the other home-and-homes are against
6-2 or 7-1 against those four immediately above would put us in good or great shape.
|10 hours 2 min ago||Don't forget the "Dunk You Very Much"||
and of course, the
Other Named Dunks:
|13 hours 34 min ago||Found it||
|14 hours 39 min ago||Baumgardner overlooked a key size observation||
"Gentry is huge"
|14 hours 42 min ago||I think it's more related to Harbaugh's intense prioritization||
of value-added activities over anything that's just for appearance (e.g. pants selection).
The depth chart doesn't contribute to wins/losses. Harbaugh spends his time on stuff that does.
Let someone else handle appearances.
|22 hours 7 sec ago||I'm sure the NCAA lawyers love this||
If instead they instituted a notion of "Fine Currency Debt", now that would be interesting.
Infraction A at price X could be paid by some combination of Stairs (price Y), Gassers (price Z), Etc.
Not very helpful to the team, but interesting.
|22 hours 14 min ago||The future called and said this one|
|22 hours 20 min ago||I'm a Man + 10||
Colored tighties doesn't rhyme.
|1 day 6 hours ago||Ahh...so you won't have to miss any plays||
|1 day 6 hours ago||Not Brandon-Approved||
The M is too skinny in the middle and you can't see the straight vertical segments
|1 day 6 hours ago||Embed Fail||
Pretty close to "Who's Got It Better Than Us?"
|1 day 15 hours ago||Reader Poll: Who will win the new look Empire 8?||
I always had a fondness for Alfred.
Related to local Michigan interest, Adrian is favored to repeat as MIAA champ.
Preseason MIAA Coaches Poll Results
|1 day 16 hours ago||CFB Playoff Featuring Michigan!||
|1 day 16 hours ago||From behind your woman||
It's not just for hockey games
|1 day 16 hours ago||Me? I like tight little boxes on the side||
but maybe that's just a Muttley thing.
|1 day 16 hours ago||(No subject)|
|1 day 16 hours ago||Have you ever had sex while falling in the air?||
I had a friend who tried it, but he died before he could tell me what it was like.
|3 days 17 hours ago||It's an AA group that appreciates his advice||
|3 days 17 hours ago||Hackett whiffed on Mike Babcock||
|3 days 19 hours ago||(I stuttered)||
|3 days 20 hours ago||Ha! We planted the "1 short" idea in his head||
|4 days 8 hours ago||Lou Holtz is a genius||
He was probably hammered at many speaking engagements, but no one could tell.
|4 days 15 hours ago||Stand up, Chuck!||
Doh! Chuck's in a wheelchair.
|4 days 15 hours ago||This thread has already been posted||
I kid, too. Posbang!!!
|5 days 16 hours ago||DB's Mother rides bicycles without seats||
|6 days 16 hours ago||Actually, I think that the public recognition||
that Dog & Pony Show techical operations are weak at guarding data might be beneficial.
|6 days 17 hours ago||When did having an affair||
kept secret from your spouse/partner become something not considered hurtful?
(You don't need AM in an open relationship.)
I don't think this changes how someone's peers perceive of the conduct (from pariah to mild jerk).
It's just that a lot of 'em just got caught and are going to have to look their spouse/partner in the eye.
|6 days 17 hours ago||Shhh! We'll keep your affair secret!||
Except when there's a highly publicized worldwide internet dump.
I dunno, maybe they increase their fees to cater to the incredibly stupid.
Why would anyone trust them to actually do anything they claim?
|6 days 17 hours ago||Quit using profanity||
It offends me.