- Member for
- 3 years 43 weeks
- View recent blog entries
- Stop thinking about how it'll affect football or men's basketball - it won't
- The decision is made for the ENTIRE athletics department
- We all understand that $4 million isn't the end of the world for Michigan Athletics, and especially not for the University of Michigan (to the idiot who said we'd be fine because the University has a huge endowment, and blah, blah, blah - even though the Athletics Department is run and has been run seperate from the University for a billion years now)
- $4 million can be replaced by someone at some point...we understand that, but now you're talking about not having $8 million instead of having $4 million. It's not like there is some cap on the amount of money you can make and we can just go get $4 million from somewhere else.
- YES - the student athletes want Nike and that should be taken into STRONG consideration. But the question was posed Nike vs. Adidas. That is not the debate, it's Nike vs. Adidas AND whatever you spend the $4 million on.
- Flights - now my smaller teams can fly to and from games more often, get home at a decent hour, miss less class time (which improved my relationship with teachers on campus)...it'll have my student athletes staying awake in class because they get home and get the sleep they need. It'll help with recovery and performance - get home and get treatment versus get home, shower and bed. I'm thinking about Tennis, Volleyball, etc. --- not football and basketball.
- Recruiting Budgets - now my coaches can get out and recruit more often, further out, and with better resources
- Nutrition - Now that the NCAA has said we can feed our athletes as much as we want, whenever we want. Let's build nutrition centers so they're eating the right things and not just destroying unlimited Chick-Fil-A, no matter how yummy it is. And with this, Jabrill Peppers has no reason to be bitching about his Oodles and Noodles --- go walk your ass over to one of our many nutrition centers and get something healthy to eat.
- Staffing - You want to keep these coaches around? Pay them.
- Fan Experience - The movie nights, the renovations to make facilities more interactive, adding wifi to all athletic facilities (that works), all of those things can be supported with additional revenue.
- You've Got Male
- Everyone I Did Last Summer
- The Boobyguard
- Ocean’s 11 Inches
- Night of the Giving Head
- The Sperminator
- Edward Penishands
- The Bone Ranger
- Good Will Humping
- A Few Hard Men
- Breast Side Story
- Laid in Manhattan
- Saturday Night Beaver
- Any Given C*mday
- School of C*ck
- White Men Can’t Hump
- Throbin Hood
- King Dong
|3 hours 40 min ago||Yet you somehow managed to||
Yet you somehow managed to find this thread without any confusion.
|14 hours 25 min ago||Me.||
|14 hours 28 min ago||It does look like Penn St.||
How can you say "Penn St. my ass?" I get that with the maize pants and helmet...but not even you walk around Ann Arbor in football pants and a helmet.
We're maize and blue.
It should have a maize outline on the numbers and letters for name on the back. You don't need stripes or piping, but you can't make it identical to our 5th or 6th biggest football rival and member of our own conference.
|14 hours 33 min ago||The white guys at Penn St. disagree||
And they've had plenty of famous ones over the years...
|14 hours 34 min ago||How would you see the numbers?||
Wouldn't that be confusing?
|14 hours 36 min ago||Agree 100%||
But it doesn't have to be a lot...just outline the number and the name on the back and put a Maize B1G logo outlined in navy and it's perfect.
|14 hours 37 min ago||Put a maize outline on the number||
and a navy outline on the B1G...and what you have is perfection.
|14 hours 38 min ago||The number should be outlined in maize||
Give me that and it would be PERFECT.
By itself it's going to look like Penn St.
|1 day 59 min ago||This party is going to be a game changer, bro||
|1 day 1 hour ago||Interesting...||
...What they really meant was.
2. SEC Network
3. Tim Tebow
4. Nick Saban
5. Lane Kiffin
6. Gator Bait
7. Tiger Bait
8. The Grove vs. StarkVegas
9. Dak 4 Heisman
10. Three SEC in the CFB Playoff (minimum)
|1 day 1 hour ago||Fail||
UTL I was awesome when it was done. It felt like homecoming and going back to the old. We had Hoke, we had MANBALL. We had THIS IS MICHIGAN. We had nostalgia everywhere. The presentation was awesome.
We were the only school in the country at the time with the letter on the front of the jersey. That was unique, that was Michigan. Leaders. You can't knock those except for the rips.
UTL II didn't have alternate jerseys, it was the legends patch and Devin went bonkers in the #98.
UTL III went all blue
...all 3 were well done when they were done, I don't think any of them need to be REdone - but great job the first time around. The Alabama jerseys weren't bad. The Outback Bowl's were awful because you couldn't see the numbers. And the bumblebees...we do not speak about the bumblebees.
In the end, Michigan doesn't need to be wearing alternate jerseys period. I don't care if it's Nike, Adidas or Tommy Gear. We just don't need it. And the fact that we'd make a multimillion dollar decision based off alternate jerseys for the football team is ridiculous. If this even comes into discussion everyone in the room should be slapped.
|1 day 1 hour ago||Double post...use it for good.||
|1 day 1 hour ago||Use it for good...||
And post something funny/Michigan related. That's what I like to do.
|1 day 2 hours ago||Sidenote WD||
If/When UM does switch...they athletics department will likely have a huge sale at Crisler.
|1 day 2 hours ago||No||
I was just mentioning that Pitt can't have two "locked in" non-conference games every year.
|1 day 2 hours ago||I hope we go to the swoosh in the center like the Hart days||
However, I doubt it...
Nike now puts gold and silver swooshes on jerseys and they have that flywire shit we'll have to have. Oh well, still better than Adidas I suppose.
I'm scared about the basketball and hockey jerseys. I just want to create a look and stick to it. WD always talks about how we've changed hockey like 6 times in 6 years or something crazy. This is Michigan, find something iconic and stick to it, DAMMIT. Especially in those 3 sports. I'd argue the same for WBB, BA, and SB as well. Let volleyball, field hockey and lacrosse get all crazy with the uniforms.
I think Basketball should only wear a modern version (maize, blue, and white options) of the Cazzie Russell's
I hate Duke, but I love the simple jerseys they went back to last year...Michigan could do the same (in all 3 colors)
Very clean...same with the blue version they had on the road. Hopefully Nike can put a modern spin on the Cazzie's and keep them clean like the "new" Duke uniforms. Kentucky had them too.
|1 day 2 hours ago||Stop tooting your own horn||
I know you love the attention from being the "weird super fan," you love that role and it's cute...but come on.
Some of these posts may as well come with a
Pointed right at your username to say "HEY! LOOK AT ME! You know...the crazy super fan with the superguide that knows all the proper PMS codes by heart!"
|1 day 2 hours ago||So I guess that means that no||
So I guess that means that no athlete should ever be hungry?
Because what fed your wife would surely feed a 210 lbs man. I'm sure your wife and Pep both come from the same background and have the same family financial situations as well.
Glad all things are equal so we can justify comments like this. Shame on Jabrill.
|1 day 2 hours ago||I shouldn't let these posts get to me...but they are infuriating||
I think I'm going to make a thread about this at some point to explain the significance of the $4 million annually.
I repeat, spend that money on the new Field Hockey center and then go ask those girls which they prefer. Go spend the money on the new Rowing Center and then ask the rowers.
And it's not just about facilities. That money could go towards a lot of things. As an Associate AD, here's just some of the things I'd spend it on...
These are just some thing I literally thought of as I'm typing, I could make a much better list if I gave it some thought. We all could.
So the point isn't that some folks prefer Adidas over Nike..I don't think I've seen one person mention that. I know I don't, I hate Adidas. However, I like money, I know how that additional revenue can affect my student athletes. I'm not going to be the administrator to say "sorry Volleyball team, I know this bus ride back from Minnesota sucks. I realize it's going to be tough to get to class when you get in at 3am. But damn, you all looked great tonight in that Swoosh!"
If someone can tell me that there is no penalty to ANYONE or ANYTHING for going with Nike. Then let's do it. No question. It's better, it's what the students want, it's just better. But the switch cannot be at the expense of anything.
|1 day 2 hours ago||Agreed.||
He's not wrong.
|1 day 2 hours ago||They're the...||
Bitch because I can't bring my water into the stadium, and bitch because bottled water at the stadium is $3-$4 crowd as well.
Some people just bitch just to bitch. It's the way they're built.
|1 day 2 hours ago||Yes.||
|1 day 3 hours ago||This topic||
Is no longer funny...or annoying clever.
It's just a waste.
...but hey, "Oakland is still in play."
|1 day 14 hours ago||They should play||
Every single year...it's stupid that they don't. I get Pitt has the backyard brawl, and if they play PSU every year then that doesn't leave much for variety in scheduling...but figure it out. At least play every other year so the players get 1 game at home and 1 on the road in the careers.
We should be doing the same with ND. Every other year. Home-Away-Home-Away-etc.
|1 day 15 hours ago||^^^^ - has kids / vvvvv - doesn't||
I redboxed but didn't watch...as good as they say?
|1 day 16 hours ago||NSFW||
|1 day 16 hours ago||I'm too late...||
|1 day 19 hours ago||Best of luck to him...||
Can't wait to bitch next April when he's getting drafted and finding a solid role in the NFL.
|1 day 19 hours ago||Hahaha||
Touche Mr. Malzahn, touche. Very well played indeed.
...until we meet again.
|1 day 19 hours ago||I once saw one of these...||
...it was also the correct color of maize. No idea if there was any connection to Nike or Adidas though.