landing spot. will be interesting to see how he does.
- Member for
- 5 years 47 weeks
- View recent blog entries
- Trigger: good app for setting up rules to automate functions on your phone. I paid for the "premium" version (it's like $3) to be able to set up geofences, but I have rules set up for arriving/leaving work, arriving/leaving home, and other time-based rules where I know I want my phone set to silent or something. It's a clean UI and fairly intuitive if you can create simple if/then statements.
- Trade Rumors: started as MLB Trade Rumors but now I guess it covers all sports. I still only use it to keep up with the latest going on in baseball and with the Tigers.
- Wikipedia: nuff said.
- Fandango: I use this every time I want to go to the movies. They've made a lot of improvements to their UI and the app's functionality.
- Textra: texting app.
- PF Voicemail+: best free Visual Voicemail app out there, in my opinion.
- AcDisplay: mimics the Motorola notification popups. Allows me to view/interact with notifications without having to turn the screen totally on.
|5 weeks 1 day ago||Cool||
I'm actually doing a project at work with SFU. Hadn't heard of them before the project started, certainly never expected to see them mentioned on MGoBlog.
|10 weeks 2 days ago||Just went through this||
Song and dance with Time Warner. Got the monthly price reduced for 6 months. Definitely will be going through it again. It's dumb.
|10 weeks 2 days ago||Interesting feedback||
What internet speeds do you get from your ISP?
|10 weeks 2 days ago||As attractive as Sling's||
As attractive as Sling's price point is, I've heard that its performance and reliability has been sub-par. I'd be interested to hear people's personal interactions with it, as well as anyone in the existing markets for PS Vue who have tried it out.
|12 weeks 1 day ago||I have this same one and I've||
I have this same one and I've been happy with it. Got a cover for it too, so I leave it outside year-round.
|13 weeks 3 days ago||Hmm interesting||
I did update the firmware a few months ago and I don't remember doing a reset afterwards. I'll give that a shot - thanks!
|13 weeks 3 days ago||This is interesting and may||
This is interesting and may explain why I'm not seeing the 5 GHz band on my laptop. I upgraded to Win 10 a few months ago. Though I checked my wireless driver (an Intel Wireless-N 7260), and the latest update for it was just in January.
That may not necessarily mean it was upgraded to work with Win 10, but either way, it doesn't explain why I'm not seeing the 5 GHz band on my Android devices.
|13 weeks 3 days ago||Thanks! Here it is:||
Thanks! Here it is:
|13 weeks 3 days ago||Laptop is a Lenovo, router is||
Laptop is a Lenovo, router is a LinkSys.
The WiFi standard is the part that kind of confuses me: I believe 802.11ac is newer than 802.11n, but it sounds like 802.11ac was just to improve on 802.11n, not necessarily introduce anything new.
That said, I don't know what standard my router is using (or if the routers even align with standards). Though the fact that it has a 5 GHz band available makes me think I should be able to connect to it with a compatible device.
|13 weeks 6 days ago||Not sure if this was||
Not sure if this was intended, but I read that to the tune of the Nationwide jingle.
|14 weeks 2 days ago||A few that I use on a regular||
A few that I use on a regular basis:
|15 weeks 4 days ago||Man||
I'm on mobile and can't see voting, but I hope this comment has been upvoted a lot. I can't believe the amount of complaining I'm seeing in this thread. Have we forgotten just how bad this basketball program was before Beilein showed up?
|16 weeks 1 day ago||Right. It's more like||
Right. It's more like wah-wuhhh though.
|16 weeks 1 day ago||Womp womp Is that supposed to||
Is that supposed to be the sound for the sad trombone?
|16 weeks 6 days ago||Quit being such a||
Quit being such a pre-Madonna.
|17 weeks 14 hours ago||Connor||
|18 weeks 4 days ago||Dude||
What you wrote for the sleep part is almost exactly the same as my 6 week old. We've been really fortunate with his sleep habits as well. One twist is that he will sometimes cluster feed at night, but that just means I give him a bottle after my wife nurses him. But he has consistently slept 6-8 hours a night since a couple weeks old. We have the white noise going, some essential oil diffusing, and have him in a bassinet next to our bed.
|18 weeks 4 days ago||Advice||
First off, congrats! This is a big time in your lives. My wife just gave birth to our first about 6 weeks ago, so some things come to mind:
- Take every piece of advice you hear with a grain of salt. Everybody with kids (and somehow some with none) has opinions on how you should do things, and a lot of them feel strongly. I'm finding that being a new parent is all about pragmatism. I've gotten more benefit from spur of the moment Google searches than anything else.
- You can't have enough diapers and wipes... but I would ask people for gift cards to wherever you'll buy diapers/wipes than diapers/wipes themselves. Reason for this is that not all are made equal. Someone gave us a ton of wipes as a gift, which was really generous, but turns out they chafe our little guy's butt a lot more than another brand. So now we have a ton of wipes that we'll probably never use. I've heard other people say similar things about diapers, but we've had good success with multiple different brands of diapers so far.
- No matter what you read or how much advice you get, you're probably not going to be prepared when your baby comes, so be prepared for some intense emotional moments early on. Case in point: I expected our baby to cry a lot, and I expected to be tired, but early on, I had some real struggles with feeling that he was crying because I was doing a terrible job at changing him, etc. Luckily, you'll learn on the job pretty quickly and gain confidence.
- Every baby is different. This goes back to the advice thing, but people will tell you what worked for their baby. Give their advice a shot if you want, but if it doesn't work for you, that doesn't mean you suck or that they were totally wrong.
|19 weeks 4 days ago||Near||
|20 weeks 2 days ago||I thought the story when||
This was my take on Shane's redshirt as well. And while, as
|20 weeks 2 days ago||What about Morris?||
Where is the assumption coming from that O'Korn will be the starting QB next year, especially now that Morris has explicitly said he's coming back? At first, I thought the talk was based on the assumption that Morris would transfer out; now that he's apparently not, isn't it a bit premature to write O'Korn in as the next QB?
|20 weeks 2 days ago||I love Harbaugh's||
I love Harbaugh's straightforwardness: "Then you will have it."
This should be made into a meme as the go-to response whenever someone wants something:
Person 1: Who wants ice cream??
|20 weeks 6 days ago||I'm here so I don't get||
I'm here so I don't get fined.
|23 weeks 21 hours ago||I don't know which one to||
I don't know which one to shoot! Ask him if he likes sandwiches!
|23 weeks 1 day ago||I don't get his comment about||
I don't get his comment about Bush and Walker:
I'm guessing it's just hyperbole, but given the meaning of the idiom, how can a bridge be more than burnt (ie, a relationship damaged beyond repair)?
|24 weeks 5 days ago||What site?||
If you don't mind sharing.
|24 weeks 5 days ago||Rivalry week.||
|24 weeks 6 days ago||Because our women are lamentating.||
Because our women are lamentating.
Sent from MGoBlog HD for iPhone & iPad
|26 weeks 1 day ago||How do you know we didn't||
How do you know we didn't survive? It's possible that many of us did not, in fact, survive and we are now existing in a parallel universe. Maybe that's why we haven't heard from Brian. Maybe he was one of the survivors, and he just can't hear us. Maybe he's been trying to reach us.
|26 weeks 1 day ago||Hmmm||
Methinks they should have done a little more research...
Hey, it's the the thought that counts, right?