I GET IT
- Member for
- 4 years 47 weeks
- View recent blog entries
|5 weeks 4 days ago||I think Gardner compares||
I think Gardner compares pretty fairly to a sophomore year Vince Young who was frustratingly inconsistent until he exploded in the Rose Bowl (make it stop).
|8 weeks 5 days ago||Their CEO gets over 650k a||
Their CEO gets over 650k a year. The charity itself spends only about a quarter of it's money on research and treatment. I will not give a dime on my money to them.
|9 weeks 6 days ago||As someone of Czech heritage||
As someone of Czech heritage I would love to visit my ancestral homeland and watch some Michigan football at the same time.
Since I know Dave Brandon is reading this comment; make it happen.
|10 weeks 2 days ago||I think it's the difference||
I think it's the difference between playing at home and on the road.
|10 weeks 2 days ago||This is why we need upvotes||
This is why we need upvotes back.
|10 weeks 4 days ago||I think he means that the||
I think he means that the media and recruiting sites are pushing talent to the SEC schools, not that they are biased in their rankings.
When all you hear about year in and year out is SEC SEC SEC on ESPN it has an effect on recruiting. The SEC hasn't done shit it's been Alabama, LSU, Florida and (until recently) Auburn doing the heavy-lifting. The conference bias at ESPN is getting ridiculous.
|14 weeks 27 min ago||To be fair that number is||
To be fair that number is almost entirely based on their defense. Their offense rating is the second lowest in the entire ranking.
|14 weeks 1 day ago||Considering the amount of||
Considering the amount of vitriol spewed at us by other fanbases it is nice to see an outsider with a positive view of Michigan fans.
|14 weeks 3 days ago||I think both PI calls were||
I think both PI calls were justified. Both defenders used their hands to interfere with the receiver's ability to make a play on the ball. On the Gallon one he pushed him right out of the play and the other defender was basically hanging on Funchess for the second one.
|14 weeks 4 days ago||It's going to be the Saints.||
It's going to be the Saints. With Payton back they are going to win the NFC South.
|18 weeks 3 days ago||If you are paying for fantasy||
If you are paying for fantasy football advice you are doing something wrong. Most fantasy football analysts that I have found just parrot each other's opinions and contribute little of significance. I have been playing fantasy football for a long time and am very successful at it. Here are a few free tips to help you out.
1. Never draft a defense before the second to last round of your fantasy draft. Elite defenses are not worth enough week in, week out to matter. Instead play defenses who are facing bad offenses each week. You will end up doing better than the guy who drafted San Fran's defense in round 9.
2. Avoid "big play only" wide receivers. Do not try to draft players like Desean Jackson and Mike Wallace who are horribly inconsistent and rely on big plays to get fantasy points. You will find yourself having weeks where they only put up two or three points. Try to get receivers who are more consistent from week to week.
3. Collect running backs. This sounds obvious, but you would be shocked by how many people wait until the third or fourth round to pick their first running back. I always have at least three running backs in the first seven rounds. It is a position of great importance because the good ones go quickly.
4. Play the waiver wire carefully. Don't pop your waiver priority on someone you could get mid-week as a free agent. Every season there are always several players who become hot commodities in the waiver market usually due to a starter being injured. You're going to want to save your waiver priority for those guys.
5. Don't be afraid to make trades. I see alot of fantasy owners who refuse to make trades even if their team has holes. If you have four good running backs, but you're only two deep with solid receivers. Go out there and make a trade work. Find someone who needs a runningback and you will often see them giving more than enough to help your team out. Last year I traded Steven Jackson for Steve Smith. Jackson was my fifth round pick and Steve Smith was selected in the third round of our fantasy draft. That was great value all because that guy had no runningbacks.
|19 weeks 4 days ago||Umm, I hate to break it to||
Umm, I hate to break it to you, but this is MGoBlog we are all internet dorks.
|19 weeks 5 days ago||I would say that's a good||
I would say that's a good role as they ease him into another position. I'd like to see him become their version of Josh Cribbs.
|20 weeks 2 days ago||Brady Hoke once sold me an||
Brady Hoke once sold me an umbrella in the middle of the Sahara Desert and I felt damned good about that purchase.
|20 weeks 3 days ago||No, but we can give one of||
No, but we can give one of them #21 as a consolation prize.
|21 weeks 6 days ago||Well, Michael Vick murdered||
Well, Michael Vick murdered living things for fun that's a bit different than being outspoken about politics.
|21 weeks 6 days ago||What is to suggest he will||
What is to suggest he will inject his politics in to a sports show?
He was on ESPN for years and never had a problem in that regard. There are lots of entertainers who have political views I don't agree with, but I will watch/listen to/buy their product if it's quality. If his sports show is insightful, entertaining or different I will watch it.
If it's not good or full of political diatribes I'll turn the channel. It's as simple as that. Just because someone has views doesn't mean they espouse them at every available opportunity.
|21 weeks 6 days ago||That would be an interesting||
That would be an interesting fusion of a show.
Now on tonight's panel we've got Salman Rushdie, Chris Berman and Keyshawn Johnson.
It would be terrible, but hilariously terrible.
|23 weeks 1 day ago||If we are going off of||
If we are going off of fantasy production then Denard's sophomore year has got to be pretty high on the list.
|23 weeks 3 days ago||The problem being that the||
The problem being that the standard Urban Meyer holds his players to is exceedingly low.
|25 weeks 4 days ago||So once a year? The Wings||
So once a year?
The Wings are in the Eastern Conference now so it will be a rare occasion.
|25 weeks 5 days ago||That is horrific looking.||
That is horrific looking.
|25 weeks 5 days ago||I +1'd you, I agree with your||
I +1'd you, I agree with your sentiment though I will likely buy only PS4.
|25 weeks 5 days ago||If anyone is gullible enough||
If anyone is gullible enough to buy an Xbox One thinking there will be no DRM then they deserve it when Microsoft puts it back in six months after release via firmware update.
|26 weeks 9 hours ago||Ray Allen had already||
Ray Allen had already committed the foul by that point. The second Manu broke toward the rim Allen basically hugged him and prevented him from dribbling which is what caused the "travel."
|26 weeks 4 days ago||People are way too crazy when||
People are way too crazy when it comes to the Valverde criticism. Yeah he has been extremely inconsistent and is a bit of a headcase, but some people act like he's a walking blown save when he really isn't THAT bad.
He's frustrating to watch and we definitely need another closer before the playoffs, but he's still servicable in the short term.
|28 weeks 22 hours ago||For your son I would||
For your son I would recommend sitting on the Southwest corner of the stadium sections 14-20. You are on the Michigan sideline, but on the opposite side of the stadium from the student section.
|29 weeks 4 days ago||The best comparison I can||
The best comparison I can think of is Ken Griffey Jr. in his prime, but even then Cabrera hits quite a bit better for average than Griffey did.
|29 weeks 5 days ago||You clearly have never||
You clearly have never watched DS9 if you think that's a punishment. From season 3 on Deep Space Nine is one of the best television shows of all time.
Everyone argues about Picard and Kirk, but I'm a Sisko guy all the way.
|29 weeks 5 days ago||A lot of the movies were||
A lot of the movies were crap, but Star Trek is first and foremost a television series. Go watch the last four seasons of DS9 and then tell me this movie isn't an atrocity.