landing spot. will be interesting to see how he does.
- Member for
- 7 years 4 days
- View recent blog entries
|31 weeks 13 hours ago||Working around the clock||
Literally. 30-hour call shift.
|2 years 41 weeks ago||Imperial Jackrabbit||
Double IPA. Not great, but it was 3 bucks for a 22.
|2 years 42 weeks ago||Agreed.||
Graduated from South in '05, and the whole time I was there I was thinking "John Cusack would have fit in here ten years ago." Now I just cry inside when I think about films there.
|2 years 44 weeks ago||The pitching market seems like a very demanding||
The pitching market seems like a very demanding one this year. where would you put a lefty bat? I assume you're talking about replacing Dirks in the platoon with Tuiopposopo, but I'm not sure it's time to give up on him yet. I guess I'm in the small minority that thinks no trade, or one for a lesser-known reliever, would be enough to get this team to the Series.
|3 years 3 hours ago||Stream?||
I'm on overnight shift and the hospital I work at somehow doesn't get NBCSports or CBC. I am hoping to not have to suddenly come down with an "illness". Anyone know of a good stream or three?
|3 years 23 weeks ago||Keep doing what you've been doing.||
Obviously, because Ace is heading out to enjoy his Friday night and forgot it. Also because obviously.
|3 years 23 weeks ago||VRSA? Lame.||
Come on, go big. Dapto and ceftaroline kill VRSA. Call them XDR Acinetobacter or something.
|3 years 28 weeks ago||Cornspiracy!||
The lesson- tweet something witty at Brian and it doubles the number of followers you have.
I'll probably never come up with anything close to that again (unless I'm once again riding that magical combo of buzzed and angry).
|3 years 50 weeks ago||Totally forgot about White.||
And I agree with all your points following. White's existence makes either Ericsson or Kindl expendable. Personally, I'd love to see Kindl go because he seems to be good for at least one boneheaded turnover per game, but I know a lot of people think that Big E has jumped the shark.
A realistic defense looks like Suter/White, Kronwall/Quincey, Ericsson/Kindl/Smith. I'm all right with that.
|3 years 50 weeks ago||I do that sometimes||
when I have shitty days, or when I'm watching the Tigers. I remember what it was like to just own everyone.
|3 years 50 weeks ago||Brian's mentioned this.||
Babs might be hanging around till his kid is in college. He's said before he wants his kid to go to/play hockey at college rather than the juniors.
|3 years 50 weeks ago||1. It depends on what your||
1. It depends on what your definition of "physical skater" is. Rick Nash is a big guy, but he's also a prolific goal scorer on a horrible team. Traditionally, your "checking lines" are your third and fourth lines, with the top six forwards out there to put the puck in the net. I don't think anyone argues that our defense is physical enough, they just can't handle the puck in their own zone sometimes *coughKindlcough*. I don't think they need to seek out a checking forward for the sake of having a checking forward.
2. The names on everyone's short list are Ryan Suter and Zach Parise. With the Devils' (and to a lesser extent, the Preds') deep run in the playoffs, luring those guys away will be harder than we thought. As far as Suter goes, he's apparently in extension talks with Nashville, who really wants to lock him down before the start of free agency. If he doesn't sign an extension before the free agency period, expect the Wings to throw an exorbitant contract offer at him. Parise is more of an enigma, just because his team is still playing. He won't touch on his contract or free agency until the off-season. I will say that he has played good, but not great, hockey for the Devils during the playoffs. Get Rick Nash out of your head, though. He's still under contract, so the Jackets are trying to trade him. In order to pick him up, you'd probably have to ship two or three starting players and a few draft picks, and nobody is worth that much.
3. Suter is your best/flashiest bet to step into the lineup. There is also a young defenseman in L.A. whose name escapes me that might be worth kicking the tires on. Even if you only sign one off-season defenseman (and assuming Stuart leaves like everyone thinks he will), you'll still have Kronwall/Ericsson/Kindl/Quincey/Smith. With Suter in there, that's not a bad blue line at all.
4. He's not going anywhere, and nor should he.
5. Honestly, you're just butthurt. You don't fire a coach when he gets you to the playoffs every season. Look what happened to the Pistons after they fired Larry Brown when he took them to four straight conference finals.
6. Look for one of Hudler, Franzen, Filppula, and Abdelkader to get shipped in a mid-to-high-level trade. If they sign more than one defenseman, you could see Ericsson, Kindl, or Smith get moved as well. I'd love to see them ship Zetterberg for two or three players, but his contract makes that somewhat prohibitive.
|4 years 4 weeks ago||Spent the day studying for Endocrinology||
now about to head to the girl's house to watch the Tigers and draft... and continue studying for endocrinology.
Heiko, if you're reading this, get out of med school while you still can. It never ends.
|4 years 10 weeks ago||Backus||
They re-signed Backus about a week ago. Short-term deal, I'm OK with it- gives them time to draft/develop a tackle, since Chris Fox projects to RT.
|4 years 10 weeks ago||Congrats!||
I'm an M2, currently performing at Wayne State's Match Day celebration with the a capella group at the med school. Can't wait for the day two years from now when I'm sitting with my envelope! Congrats, new doctors!
|4 years 11 weeks ago||It's been thirteen minutes on a day after an OT game.||
I get that we look awful, but this doesn't invalidate anything we accomplished during the season.
|4 years 11 weeks ago||No bench=no rest||
It's pretty evident that everyone's tired and lost against a bigger team. There's 2 on Burke. Game over.
|4 years 11 weeks ago||The game can't see you||
The game can't see you either, since you're invisible.
|4 years 11 weeks ago||Free Gus Johnson!||
As soon as I saw the game was on CBS, my heart sank. Nantz and Kellogg have such a boner for the Buckeyes.
Apparently Clark Kellogg does too.
|4 years 19 weeks ago||You can kick and scream all||
You can kick and scream all you want, but... *sigh* it's gonna happen.
|4 years 19 weeks ago||I wish I weren't in a public computer lab||
so I could post the obligatory "ah, F*** it" Corso picture in response. Thanks for the update.
|4 years 27 weeks ago||Awesome||
This is just what I needed to distract me from studying on my birthday. That, and beer.
|4 years 28 weeks ago||Thanks for clearing that up||
That makes a lot more sense.
|4 years 28 weeks ago||DCC||
21-0, in a game that was not nearly that close.
|4 years 28 weeks ago||I'd agree with you, but||
Godin's lollygagging started on the first series, before he had even played a snap defensively. Maybe I'm being a little hard on him, but I could count on one hand the number of times I felt like he was going balls-out on the field. Maybe he knew he could manhandle the other team's linemen with 60% effort.
|4 years 28 weeks ago||Tacoshell?||
According to the liveblog, Tacopants' younger brother was standing in for Odoms today. How big is this family?
|4 years 37 weeks ago||Quiet,||
|4 years 37 weeks ago||Studying UTIs, STDs, and GI infections.||
Goddamn medical school.
|5 years 2 weeks ago||For those in Detroit area||
Versus is blacked out, Detroiters have to watch on FSN. Not a bad thing in my opinion, as Ken and Mickey are one of the best local broadcasting pairs in sports.
|5 years 3 weeks ago||Don't forget||
that Rivals and Scout generally don't rate committed kids as high as comparable uncommitted kids, for whatever reason. So don't be surprised if our commits are on the lower end of the rankings.if that happens.
That said, I'm overjoyed with how well Hoke and co. have recruited, and I strongly feel that the 2012 class is going to set a strong benchmark for years to come.