- Member for
- 8 years 22 weeks
- Roundtree was awful. Had a very good year, but the drops mounted as the year went on.
- Denard didn't go back in because RRod said "He likes to hold the ball in his left hand while running, and he didnt think he could do that". While I am sure the injury was legit, why is he allowed to carry it in his left, when that is the inside hand? This is not like his shoe strings, where he likes to do it, and it doesn't hurt the team. His fumbles can be avoided and I am not sure why it is not being coached into him (maybe it is, and he can't break the habit).
- Our running game is non-existant with Tate in the ballgame. Much like last year, when we could not pass with Denard in the game, this year we can't run with Tate in the game. We were able to put up a lot of yards because OSU had to honor both with Denard. Once they can drop 7 and know their front 4 can stop the run, its a different story.
- 2 3-and-outs to start the game, and we do nothing with it. We don't do any of the little things well. Earl Bruce said it best after the game : "They man-handled us in the first quarter on both sides of the ball. The Michigan teams I know would have had us down 14-0" - Whatever, it's Earl Bruce, but there is some truth in it.
|6 weeks 1 day ago||Uzelac||
Benton Harbor finishes season 9-0. They went 4 years without a win before he got there. Made playoffs last year. Guy is unreal!
|15 weeks 5 days ago||Mike Gillette||
Was also 19. SJ Bears.
|26 weeks 1 day ago||Lancer||
He sure was no Tony Tiefenbach eh? Our best, Rob Fredrickson went to MSU, but being that he was such a great guy, I don't hold it against him. Ike>Denny.
|1 year 1 week ago||I was there too||
And to this day I don't recall the Big House rockin' like it did on that play. Maybe it's the passage of time but I remember the stand shaking. Grown men hugging other grown men (who they didn't know. Magical...
|1 year 7 weeks ago||Outstanding||
Good for him and BH. Beating Lakeshore is absolutely amazing.
|1 year 11 weeks ago||Coach U||
Also rebuilt St. Joe after coach Ike Muhlenkamp left and they had 3 or 4 years of futility. The rival high schools in that area are all coached by Coach U disciples now (including St. Joe).
|1 year 15 weeks ago||SJ > Stevensville||
Loud and proud. Go Bears!
|1 year 20 weeks ago||Was also in opposite endzone||
And the big house was rocking after that td to Kolesar. Not sure I have ever heard it louder.
|1 year 22 weeks ago||St Joe Bears||
As class B school we dominated an all class A league. Ike Muhlenkamp is a legend and won consistently for 3+ decades. Much like Michigan, they tried to get with the times and bring in new blood and it was a disaster. Coach Uzelac (YTCU) restored the program and things are back on track. Mike Gillette and Rob Fredrickson both played there.
|2 years 30 weeks ago||Yom Kippur I believe||
Only Brandon would schedule road game to the biggest Jewish Alumni base on Yom Kippur. Sweet.
|4 years 6 weeks ago||Borges||
Was at the tailgate next to ours after the game and he said: "After the game I kissed Drew Dileo."
|4 years 10 weeks ago||I left out "Air Force".||
I left out "Air Force".
|4 years 10 weeks ago||Academies||
Why do we get a pass for barely beating while they slaughtered Navy? Can't have it both ways.
|4 years 11 weeks ago||And||
not all interceptions are created equally. He has thrown 2 pick-sixes, which are absolutely killers (though both of his were in blowouts).
I love me some Denard and I think he has made some improvements, but the impact of his interceptions have to be taken into account.
|4 years 12 weeks ago||I love this||
Team and GMATT, but to think we are not far away or further along than last year after what 'Bama and Air Force have done to us is crazy.
|4 years 12 weeks ago||While Denard graded out ok in||
While Denard graded out ok in the UFR, the issue has, and will continue to be how impactful his mistakes are. The 2 picks led to points (1 a pick 6). Just looking at the numbers is one thing. He can have a completion % under 50% but not turn the ball over, and thus not hurt the team. The problem is 1) Michigan does not count on Denard to "manage the game" so that is not very practical and 2) At least on Sat night, our defense was not stopping them anyways so replacing his ints with punts was not going to help much.
Most fans' collective hope was that he would cut down on interceptions, and be more accurate this year. I would say we got a mixed bag on that in game 1, but certainly reserve judgement until we have more data points.
|4 years 13 weeks ago||RRod Opens with Toledo||
That is interesting given what they did to him/Michigan a few years ago.
|4 years 14 weeks ago||As much as I hate to say it,||
As much as I hate to say it, if Fitz and Clark play against Alabama then I am not sure we have much to stand on. That does not take away from my general sentiment that OS, and Urban have far less code than Hoke/Michigan.
|5 years 4 weeks ago||Denard||
was a much more effective passer last year as well because a lot of the passing game was predicated on faking the run, or fear of the run. We seen this play run with success this year a few times (once to Dileo and once or twice to Koger I believe). This year he is dropping back a lot more and he is being asked ot read a defense. Not to mention he seems reluctant to tuck and run/scramble if nothing is open.
Brian was dead on though. Who would have thought our defense would be keeping our offense in games. Saturday was all on the offense.
|5 years 48 weeks ago||Buckeye Insider||
Insists that Tressel will let guys play in bowl game if they commit to coming back next year. Not sure how he can enforce this, but Posey already said he is back. The other 4 have remained silent. If you don't see Pryor on the field against Arkansas, that is why.
|5 years 48 weeks ago||Matta||
Has deep ties to Indiana from his playing/coaching days. I also know that he is a tireless recruiter, and does it the right way. There is no doubt he stocks up and one-and-dones, and takes his chances, but it has worked for him at OSU. He is a pretty good X's and O's guy too, and that is evident from his success at Butler and Xavier (where he was pulling in 2-3* from Indiana).
|6 years 2 days ago||Thank you.||
This is really weird, and yes I find it really weird. Why is he reaching his hands to the skies, and forcing the team to do it as well? Creepy.
|6 years 6 days ago||Love it.||
Finally a reason I can't argue with. Well done.
|6 years 6 days ago||I understand||
it is a comfort thing (see me my shoe lace reference), but if it inhibits performance, and continues to contribute to turnovers then it should be addressed. Emmit didnt fumble much, so it was not an issue.
|6 years 6 days ago||I was||
trying to say that he should carry the ball in the outside hand (ie the hand closest to the sideline he is appraoching, and away from the defense). Thanks for the sarcasm though.
|6 years 6 days ago||This game||
was not only a microcosm for the year, but it really illustrated the depths to which this program has fallen. We literally, could not field a punt, or fg team, and our kickoff team was a disaster (kicking and tackling). The University of Michigan could not put a punt, or fg team on the field. It is that simple.
Nothing ground-breaking, but worth mentioning. I am on the fence whether RRod should go or not.
|6 years 1 week ago||Shaw||
has not played extensive minutes in weeks. Coupled with the fact that I don't think he runs as hard as Smith, I am concerned. RB is now a very real concern for Saturday (I suppose it has been all year, but Smith has ran really well the last few weeks).
I will continue to beat a dead horse, Smith should not have been in on that last drive Saturday. Given our injury situation all over the offense, and lack of depth at rb, rest him and get him ready for OSU.
|6 years 1 week ago||#1||
Agreed. But it was clear with Tate in the game, down 3 scores with 2 minutes left and 1 truisted rb, we should be preserving health. All the more if we already have 2 receivers down.
#2 Go back and watch the game. Stonum looks injured after each tackle. Again, it has nothing to do with how well he played, but it is obvious. My observation was not a comparison, but rather commentary on Stonum in this game. Heminway has obviously suffered more injuries.
#3 I think he was being facetious as well, but that does not discount the fact that it has happened multiple times this season. it is horrible coincidence/fate, not causation.
#4 Again go back and watch the game. We crept safeties up to the line and it made absolutely no difference.
|6 years 1 week ago||I understand||
he is the most trusted pass blocker. That does not mean he should be on the field when RRod is clearly givng second string guys some reps. Given our lack of depth, let other guys get reps, and save Smith for OSU.
I care if a guy is hurt or not. I thought he played great, but the signs that he is either hurt, or fragile is telling in a game where he ended up leaving with a serious injury. Seems like his condition was leading to a mroe serious injury.
I wont argue vehemntly on #7. I can see arguments from all sides on this one.
|6 years 1 week ago||Post Mortem||
1) Why was Vincent Smith in the game on the last drive? We had our second string qb, and wrs in at that time, and given our rb situation, he should have been on the bench and Hopkins should have been in. That was a horrible decision, and I hope he is not lost for OSU.
2) Why does Stonum look/act hurt after every single tackle? They guy is extremely fragile.
3) Brian hit it on the head. It seems that immediately following a dropped pass (usually from Roy) we turn it over. Very disturbing.
4) I was clamoring for 8 in the box and give up the pass. In the 2nd half, we knew they were running, put 8 in the box and still got hammered. They could have thrown crossing routes to Toon all day had they wanted to.
5) Hard to believe we are still attempting FGs 11 games into the season. 30 yards away, in the middle of the field. The numbers will continue not to lie, and RRod has to understand that.
6) Demens might have put up Ezeh like numbers this week. Our LBs were getting sealed on the backside all day, and thus the gaping cutback lanes. All the LBs playing away from the play side were guilty of this.
7) Bielema is now my least favorite coach in the Big Ten. Tressel,and Dantonio are close behind.
8) Go Blue. Beat OSU.