a terrible blight on our fine country
- Member for
- 7 years 14 weeks
- View recent blog entries
|2 days 2 hours ago||For as much as we complain about ESPN||
BTN is 100x worse. FS1 is about 50x worse.
|1 week 4 days ago||About that move from -4.5 to -6.5...||
Vegas knows (most of the time)
|2 weeks 2 days ago||tickets on stubhub are cheaper for BYU game||
seats aren't all that great, but you can get into the game this week for $55 a ticket, which isn't bad.
|2 weeks 2 days ago||No idea. You can expect||
No idea. You can expect double-A gap blitzes on Michigan every other down though.
|2 weeks 4 days ago||If we win this week and next||
If we win this week and next week, the ticket situation will take care of itself
|3 weeks 3 hours ago||I laughed||
but seriously, we need this to happen in a very bad way. We have to be able to go over the top to have a shot at beating staee and ohio state.
|3 weeks 2 days ago||Update||
Just got my receipt for two tickets. Wow, I am so pumped. This is amazing, I love this community.
|3 weeks 2 days ago||Interested in a single ticket||
|3 weeks 5 days ago||can you ask the WTKA people||
to make sure this streams through the iOS/Android app?
|4 weeks 5 days ago||Five Thoughts||
1) Rudock is a sizable upgrade over Gardner. Perry ran the wrong route on one INT, one was a really terrible pick by Rudock, and the other was a 50/50 culpability split between Rudock and Grant Perry. Gardner does not make that pass to Butt for the lone touchdown, nor does he thread the needle with a few of those passes to Darboh. You'd still get the INTs though, but at least we can move the ball through the air this year. That's big.
2) The OL is going to struggle against MSU/OSU. This Utah game is a template for what you can expect from your run game in those rivalry two games. Jim needs to tweak the scheme and play-calling for those games, something more creative - running up the gut against teams with strong defensive fronts is not going to work with this group. How does Michigan respond? Time will tell.
3) Devin Smith was plodding. Really hoping Drake Harris gets healthy - we need a guy that can add a few more yards.
4) Defense looked okay. Still got gashed for a bunch of yards on the TD drives Utah scored - seems like they gained yardage in huge chunks with drives they scored TDs on. Holding Utah to 17 was a positive though.
5) BYU is going to be a really interesting game. They play Nebraska, Boise Sate, and UCLA before they play us for their fourth game. That is pretty grueling. My hope is that some of the wind gets knocked out of their sails in at least two of those games, and we execute like we should have against Utah yesterday, to win that game. To go 5-1 into the msu game would be great momentum.
|4 weeks 5 days ago||10-2||
|4 weeks 6 days ago||Harbaugh||
|5 weeks 2 days ago||this||
|5 weeks 3 days ago||nike construction/materials are better||
also - you're sad.
|6 weeks 5 days ago||Just trolled Valenti on why Michigan will go 6-0||
1) Michigan outgained Utah last year, 301 yds vs. 280yds. Gardener threw 3 interceptions, there was one fumble
|6 weeks 6 days ago||Eh, whatever. Not crazy about||
Eh, whatever. Not crazy about it, but it's pretty subtle so it's rather innocuous.
|7 weeks 4 days ago||They're fine, I have no issue with them.||
They're fine, I have no issue with them.
|7 weeks 6 days ago||Harbaugh!||
|7 weeks 6 days ago||yeah, no.||
there are some things that don't need to be verbalized or written on message boards - this would be one of them; the subtext is enough.
|7 weeks 6 days ago||Bummer||
|7 weeks 6 days ago||How about you get IP banned?||
and you let us know how that works out?
|7 weeks 6 days ago||YESSSSSSS||
Looks like the NFL is about to lose in Federal court based on the tone of questioning. F-Yes. #FreeBrady #Harbaugh #GoBlue
|8 weeks 37 min ago||All the better||
When Michigan wins.
|8 weeks 3 days ago||shrug||
maybe for one or two plays. I've seen worse ideas the last eight years.
|10 weeks 1 day ago||hey smartass||
I'll answer the question for you - no charges were filed.
|10 weeks 1 day ago||can we stop this bullshit||
unless charges are filed, it's her word against his. There may be some compelling evidence, but these are allegations, not charges. This is a criminal allegation, handled by police. It stayed as an allegation.No charges were brought against either of these players.
The dismissal from the team is a judgement call, made by the person making that judgement. But that does not make any sort of legal judgement, which is the judgement which matters most.
It's reprehensible that a person on the football team would even be in a situation where this was alledged, but I'm really sick of this things being thrown around without the full context of the situation (a lack of charges being brought)
|11 weeks 1 day ago||this shit is laughable||
Williams? Swarthmore? Pamona?
lol. And don't give me this "they're great schools!" nonsense.
These Forbe articles are nothing but an open hand from Forbes to have these smaller schools get advertisement and for Forbes to get some back door money - enrollment at small liberal art schools has been in decline since the last recession. Gee, I wonder why?
They're paying to have articles/rankings written like this so they can try and reverse the declining enrollment.
|11 weeks 6 days ago||From a game theory/negotiation standpoint||
In order for us to move the contract needle in 14 years, it may need to be a tick (Nike) / tock (somebody else) to get these big bumps.
It will be interested to see what college football looks like in 2031.
|12 weeks 4 days ago||everybody has to start somewhere||
why not here, and why not now? Also, who are they lining up against that has you worried so much prior to October 17th and the last Saturday in November? Do we not have the coach that can actually take talent and develop it? Is the talent and coaching we face outside of two Saturdays really better? In my estimation, it's not.
Last time I checked, our current guy has done that better than anyone else in the country.
|12 weeks 4 days ago||tired of the defeatist bullshit here||
which is not based on any forward looking realistic projection. Yes, the past was bad. Really bad. The talent _is there_ though. The coach sucked. He was a talent and food black hole.
If you don't think there will be a marked improvement from the WR group (admitedly, it wouldn't take much) then I would love to hear your thoughts on how Harbaugh must be coachspeak bullshitter with respect to his comment on how he expects this group to compete for a national championship.