Hockey pet peeve: "when a teammate tips a puck in on you, which is exactly how my first collegiate goal against happened. Thanks, Copper."
- Member for
- 5 years 48 weeks
- View recent blog entries
|9 hours 3 min ago||So, are||
People constantly suing comedians?
|11 hours 21 min ago||Wait, how is this possible?||
How are comedians still in business if this case is allowable? Why are they not sued?
|12 hours 42 min ago||Tate game vs ND,||
since at the time, it seemed like the RR years were turning the corner and we would have the Forcier for 3 more years and he was awesome.
In hindsight, that set expectations way too high and both Tate and RR didn't really pan out.
|1 day 12 hours ago||Times may have changed,||
but as of 2000, if you went to South Quad to eat in the cafeteria, you would see the cliques of non-student athletes, so I'd be surprised if athletes were any different.
That said, good on Wellman for encouraging everybody to hang out with each other.
|2 days 13 hours ago||I don't understand how Hoke can be in the hot seat||
For many reasons:
1) Mattison and Nuss are awesome coordinators
2)Hoke recruits well
3) Hoke presents Michigan the way that the we want him to
4) He's Lloyd (and therefore Bo) approved and backed
5) Former players love him (Tom Brady came back to campus to speak to the players)
6) Aside from Harbaugh (pipe dream), who would replace Hoke that is a significant upgrade? If you present such a man, who would the coordinators be?
|2 days 13 hours ago||But how many stars did he have?||
(that's kind of sarcastic, kind of serious)?
|4 days 13 hours ago||I agree with your positivity,||
But none of the WRs except Funchess has done anything while in an M uniform.
|1 week 9 hours ago||Oh, my bad.||
If he did plead guilty my arguement is null and void.
|1 week 10 hours ago||They are different, but your||
They are different, but your examples are not a fair comparison.
Steroids are against the NFL rules because of an unfair competitive advantage and bumping an official/ purposefully injuring an opponent happens on the field of play.
The video (of his alleged uppercut) was never released to the press. I think we both agree that Ray Rice is a sack of sh*t, but the NFL (or any league) should not be able to suspend players (and deprive them of income) when the police don't charge the player, especially for cases where the offense is routinely charged. It's the only neutral way to handle things.
I understand why the NFL suspended him (for PR and to not have protests at games), but that's not a good enough opinion, IMO.
|1 week 11 hours ago||I'll never go.||
Damn Dave Brandon and his sleezy marketing tricks. He'll probably charge $5 for a hot dog. A. Hot. Dog.
|1 week 11 hours ago||Come on...||
$20 is a "money grab"? Seriously?
|1 week 11 hours ago||Was he convicted of anything?||
Apparently, the woman married him, but was he convicted? My stance is and will always be that conviction or an admission of guilt (even a no contest plea) should be the minimum before a league suspends anybody. Charges alone mean nothing, especially with corrupt police.
|1 week 14 hours ago||Woodson part 2||
Braylon part 2 (with hands and like. 4"). Damn it's good to be a gangster.
|1 week 5 days ago||I think it's fine||
For a golf tourney in Ohio. M
|1 week 6 days ago||You miss the point||
4 and 5*'s are often awarded after a kid has been offered by a big time program. The scouts themselves have no clue. They rely on guys like Saban, Meyer... To offer kids and then re-rank guys based on that (although they never say this).
|1 week 6 days ago||That's dumb.||
a kid with offers from Alabama, USC, LSU, Ohio, PSU, Florida, Georgia, etc. would never be anything but a 4 or 5* kid (final rankings). Even if the sites thought the kid were a 2 or maybe a 3* kid, with offers like that, he'd be bumped to 4 or 5*s.
|1 week 6 days ago||No.||
If journalists were actually good at predicting talent, they would be scouts, coaches, or something better than bottom feeders for scout/ rivals/ 247/ espn.
They have no clue and manufacture stories for page views (which apparently we love to give them).
This also explains the sudden bumps kids get when they are offered by big name programs and the ranking sites use offers to base stars on, so that at the end of the day, they look like they have a clue.
|2 weeks 5 hours ago||Fireworks?||
We shouldn't even have an electronic scoreboard. Where has the tradition gone?
|2 weeks 13 hours ago||Meh...||
all this shows is that Meyer doesn't have any class and attracts similarly minded players (we already know how their fanbase is).
|2 weeks 2 days ago||Neighbors||
Make good bank on airbnb and for charging for parking/ tailgating space. either that or students live there. Why would the complain?
|2 weeks 3 days ago||How is that paper still in business||
The For-profit Press is essentially a patent troll
|2 weeks 6 days ago||Disagree,||
this is huge for his PR/ endorsement machine. Hometwon hero returning home. His only other option would have been to stay with the Heat, but then they would have had to dump Wade.
It's LeBron's best PR and best chance of winning again (Irving and Wiggins).
|2 weeks 6 days ago||Kids birthday party||
On sat :( World Cup on Sunday :)
|3 weeks 12 hours ago||Great point||
I think you are correct. The number of scholarships and then the number of non graduating non revenue sport athletes is likely so low that it doesn't add much cost, especially on an incremental basis.
|3 weeks 12 hours ago||I think money is a big deal,||
I'm not sure if Brian's point that any idiot would have gotten the same money since the B1G and expansion was a league issue is correct (it may be).
Cancelling the ND game was not his idea, but I generally liked the idea of the Jerryworld game (before I realized we were terrible that year). I also like the diverse scheduling, even with RU and MD.
Since we have to compete in non-revenue sports, I like that we have nice facilities and generally competitive teams and I think the athletic campus is amazing.
|3 weeks 12 hours ago||fair point,||
as I studied way too much. However, my point is that when the team is bad, there are other things to do (not necessairly pre-game), but watch on TV, hang with friends, or study. When the team is generally assured to win against good competition, the trend is make games a top priority.
If you disagree, just look at Basketball attendance from the mid-90s until like 2010.
|3 weeks 13 hours ago||Great idea||
But I don't know how you could only do this for football and mens basketball. If colleges do this for all sports it would be too costly for most schools.
|3 weeks 13 hours ago||I'll address your gripes. 1)||
I'll address your gripes.
1) Non-revenue sports are important at Universities. Just ask any non D1 school. They bring in smart kids on scholarship and are in the true spirit of college sports. That said, I don't watch them either, but legally, Michigan has to comply with Title 9.
2) What do you want him to say? He's smart for not responding to your emails. You would immediately post them on MGo. Legally, he needs to give a PR response. It's common sense.
3) Students would rather party than see Michigan play shitty teams and (very sadly) maybe even lose to these teams. We are not the powerhouse we were. When students can be assured that Michigan will beat a decent team >75% of the time, then they will come to games and enjoy them. That's sadly not the case.
|3 weeks 13 hours ago||He's a good 3-4 years||
from being a starter at Michigan, so that can be corrected for sure. Finally, some damn depth at QB!
|3 weeks 13 hours ago||I'm a huge Brandon supporter||
so I guess I'm not a cool kid on MGo.
1) Revenue up is a big deal - hiring Nuss, paying the b-ball coaches, and new facilities are all significant factors in Michigan being where we are today
2) Scheduling is decided years in advance, so we can't blame him
3) RU and MD are solid adds IMO. Both are respectable schools (certainly better than Indiana or Iowa) and bring in an expanding marketplace (huge B1G alumni in both cities). Also, it's join an expanded conference or die. Even ND is basically alligned with the Big East
4) People are only angry because the football team sucks. That's not Brandon's fault. Hoke needs another year or 2 before he should be fired.