- Member for
- 4 years 17 weeks
- View recent blog entries
|2 days 19 hours ago||Two cool slightly retro Michigan things||
Apart from regular adult gifts (shirts, socks, etc.), I got two very unique Michigan gifts.
- A two-pack of Jim Harbaugh Starting Lineup action figures, one in a Baltimore Ravens uniform...and one in a Michigan uniform.
- An autographed hockey card of Marty Turco, in a Michigan jersey, commemorating the 1998 NCAA title, numbered out of 35. This card actually came out of a very high-end ($400 a pack) NHL product, and seems to be the only Michigan hockey card like it.
The pictures aren't mine, the pictures are what I found online. Not good light here.
|1 week 5 days ago||Everyone thought Peyton||
Everyone thought Peyton Manning's wine was gonna make the top 100, but Woodson's got the spot instead.
You almost got him, Peyton! So close!
|3 weeks 5 days ago||Good candle, smells like||
Good candle, smells like berries, I like berries, good candle.
|5 weeks 5 days ago||Two reasons why Detroit||
Two reasons why Detroit hasn't been a finalist:
- The NCAA wants to rotate Final Four sites around the country. They just announced five Final Four sites, all in different areas.
- For HQ reasons and others, the NCAA has a long-term agreement with Indianapolis to play Final Fours at Lucas Oil Stadium every 7-8 years or so. This drastically decreases Detroit's chances, after the first point is considered.
|5 weeks 5 days ago||Yes, this.||
I've also seen it way too many times - something starts or gets out of control because one or both sides have been drinking.
The lesson here, among so many other things, is that alcohol isn't the amazing party creator it's sold as. While this situation could have gotten bad anyway, college students drunk at a hotel never leads to situations getting better.
|8 weeks 3 days ago||Well, now we know why he||
Well, now we know why he hasn't played.
|8 weeks 4 days ago||I do the same thing with my||
I do the same thing with my dad, for my birthday. He's taken me to a Wings game for 26 years now, and we're undefeated in the birthday game.
|8 weeks 4 days ago||Just to let you know..||
Gordie is surrounded by friends and family. He had a stroke this summer that he recovered from, somewhat, but this one is much worse.
The family is preparing for the end.
(I have connections to the family. Thought you guys would want to know.)
|9 weeks 1 day ago||Congratulations Notre Dame||
Congratulations Notre Dame football, for having a player document proof of dates with women who actually exist, along with any acts on those dates being completely consensual. Good job, everybody.
|10 weeks 2 days ago||Caps.||
It looks like the first word cloud was rendered in only capital letters, while the second was rendered in how the responses were phrased.
In the first, one TRADITION represents people entering in "tradition" and the other represents people entering "tradition". In the second, you see the same thing with "Disappointing" and "disappointing".
|11 weeks 7 hours ago||I agree. Devin looked like||
I agree. Devin looked like #88 out there at times.
|11 weeks 4 days ago||WILL SPENCER EAT SOME CHEESE||
Will Spencer eat some cheese, will there be any wagers that we could make him to make that happen?
|12 weeks 6 hours ago||She's as qualified to run the||
She's as qualified to run the athletic department as the current person in charge, so it's on-topic.
Actually, she might be more qualified.
|12 weeks 1 day ago||Screw Helfrich||
We should get the head coach of that winning Arizona team, he turned that program around in just a couple seasons.
|12 weeks 2 days ago||This is in no way an NCAA||
This is in no way an NCAA violation if the AD and his family treat the athletes, right?
|12 weeks 2 days ago||dabran is Dave's unique||
dabran is Dave's unique name.
DaveBrandonAD is Dave's office email, managed by those in his office. Hence, the group.
|12 weeks 2 days ago||I have gotten similar emails||
I have gotten similar emails before from Brandon, over even smaller complaints than not renewing season tickets.
And yes, that's his email.
And yes, I got that email from a mutual contact. It's a legitimate email.
|12 weeks 3 days ago||YOU ARE WRONG.||
Chuck's now a pastor at my church in Novi, Oak Pointe. He retired in August.
|12 weeks 3 days ago||You can do both. You can||
You can do both.
You can support the team and its players while not supporting everything Dave Brandon.
Supporting the Michigan football team and supporting Dave Brandon are not one and the same.
|12 weeks 5 days ago||Yes!||
They have Giant Otters in Bolivia, otters close to 5.5 feet long.
Those otters are the apex predator of their ecosystem.
|12 weeks 5 days ago||YEAH GOOD IDEA||
Let's buy up all the tickets from the athletic department and burn them!
I'm sure those Vines of burning printouts will really send a strong message after we hand over money to the AD to get those printouts.
|12 weeks 5 days ago||Two things made it different:||
1. The 2000 Bush/Gore election really popularized the electoral college map, and the most well-known of which was one that featured red for Republicans and blue for Democrats.
2. Once that color scheme caught on, and the terms "red state" and "blue state" became popular as terms for themselves, the scheme solidified.
|12 weeks 5 days ago||Everyone, regardless of party||
Everyone, regardless of party lines, thinks Dave Brandon sucks at his job.
|12 weeks 5 days ago||Not necessarily!||
Before 2000, blue was for Republicans and Red was for Democrats.
Gerald Ford turned Michigan blue in '76, for example. The original TV map on NBC had Ford as blue and Carter as red, for that election.
CBS, from 1984 on, used the opposite color scheme. ABC didn't have a hard and fast rule over it.
Until 2000, when the electoral map came up over and over again, it was always mixed.
|12 weeks 5 days ago||Trey took some naked pictures||
Trey took some naked pictures that are now in the internet. It's trending on Twitter, but just as "Trey Burke".
As someone monitoring Twitter for Dave Brandon to be fired, and seeing Trey Burke's name and thinking "hey, maybe Trey did something good", I'd advise against clicking his name on Twitter.
|12 weeks 5 days ago||Don't run as a Green Party||
Don't run as a Green Party member, Brian.
Run as a Blue Party member.
|12 weeks 5 days ago||Seriously. People actually||
Seriously. People actually posted that here last week, before the Minnesota game.
|12 weeks 5 days ago||3. Everyone is just out to||
3. Everyone is just out to get poor Dave Brandon, because Brandon is a Republican and Ann Arbor is a liberal town.
|12 weeks 5 days ago||BOYCOTT INDIANA||
Boycott Indiana. Here's why.
- It's homecoming. There's going to be a much bigger, older, and more monied alum crowd at homecoming. Protesting that game will send a much more direct message to that crowd than if they watch it on TV against Maryland.
- It's not Senior Day. Not the players' fault that the program is run by an egomaniac and a lummox. Support the seniors, go to give them a good send-off, then leave if you want.
- The earlier this boycott comes, the more pressure will be on Brandon. If it comes with games to go, that's weeks of football to be played with the focus on the terrible job going on. By pushing it to the end of the season, it reduces the amount of coverage it gets as the season ends.
|13 weeks 1 day ago||COME ON.||
Everyone knows that Dave Brandon's entrance video would be set to a different song.