he grew a beard
- Member for
- 4 years 11 weeks
- View recent blog entries
|3 days 20 hours ago||Two reasons why Detroit||
Two reasons why Detroit hasn't been a finalist:
- The NCAA wants to rotate Final Four sites around the country. They just announced five Final Four sites, all in different areas.
- For HQ reasons and others, the NCAA has a long-term agreement with Indianapolis to play Final Fours at Lucas Oil Stadium every 7-8 years or so. This drastically decreases Detroit's chances, after the first point is considered.
|3 days 23 hours ago||Yes, this.||
I've also seen it way too many times - something starts or gets out of control because one or both sides have been drinking.
The lesson here, among so many other things, is that alcohol isn't the amazing party creator it's sold as. While this situation could have gotten bad anyway, college students drunk at a hotel never leads to situations getting better.
|3 weeks 1 day ago||Well, now we know why he||
Well, now we know why he hasn't played.
|3 weeks 2 days ago||I do the same thing with my||
I do the same thing with my dad, for my birthday. He's taken me to a Wings game for 26 years now, and we're undefeated in the birthday game.
|3 weeks 2 days ago||Just to let you know..||
Gordie is surrounded by friends and family. He had a stroke this summer that he recovered from, somewhat, but this one is much worse.
The family is preparing for the end.
(I have connections to the family. Thought you guys would want to know.)
|4 weeks 1 hour ago||Congratulations Notre Dame||
Congratulations Notre Dame football, for having a player document proof of dates with women who actually exist, along with any acts on those dates being completely consensual. Good job, everybody.
|5 weeks 19 hours ago||Caps.||
It looks like the first word cloud was rendered in only capital letters, while the second was rendered in how the responses were phrased.
In the first, one TRADITION represents people entering in "tradition" and the other represents people entering "tradition". In the second, you see the same thing with "Disappointing" and "disappointing".
|5 weeks 5 days ago||I agree. Devin looked like||
I agree. Devin looked like #88 out there at times.
|6 weeks 2 days ago||WILL SPENCER EAT SOME CHEESE||
Will Spencer eat some cheese, will there be any wagers that we could make him to make that happen?
|6 weeks 5 days ago||She's as qualified to run the||
She's as qualified to run the athletic department as the current person in charge, so it's on-topic.
Actually, she might be more qualified.
|6 weeks 6 days ago||Screw Helfrich||
We should get the head coach of that winning Arizona team, he turned that program around in just a couple seasons.
|7 weeks 12 hours ago||This is in no way an NCAA||
This is in no way an NCAA violation if the AD and his family treat the athletes, right?
|7 weeks 14 hours ago||dabran is Dave's unique||
dabran is Dave's unique name.
DaveBrandonAD is Dave's office email, managed by those in his office. Hence, the group.
|7 weeks 15 hours ago||I have gotten similar emails||
I have gotten similar emails before from Brandon, over even smaller complaints than not renewing season tickets.
And yes, that's his email.
And yes, I got that email from a mutual contact. It's a legitimate email.
|7 weeks 1 day ago||YOU ARE WRONG.||
Chuck's now a pastor at my church in Novi, Oak Pointe. He retired in August.
|7 weeks 2 days ago||You can do both. You can||
You can do both.
You can support the team and its players while not supporting everything Dave Brandon.
Supporting the Michigan football team and supporting Dave Brandon are not one and the same.
|7 weeks 3 days ago||Yes!||
They have Giant Otters in Bolivia, otters close to 5.5 feet long.
Those otters are the apex predator of their ecosystem.
|7 weeks 4 days ago||YEAH GOOD IDEA||
Let's buy up all the tickets from the athletic department and burn them!
I'm sure those Vines of burning printouts will really send a strong message after we hand over money to the AD to get those printouts.
|7 weeks 4 days ago||Two things made it different:||
1. The 2000 Bush/Gore election really popularized the electoral college map, and the most well-known of which was one that featured red for Republicans and blue for Democrats.
2. Once that color scheme caught on, and the terms "red state" and "blue state" became popular as terms for themselves, the scheme solidified.
|7 weeks 4 days ago||Everyone, regardless of party||
Everyone, regardless of party lines, thinks Dave Brandon sucks at his job.
|7 weeks 4 days ago||Not necessarily!||
Before 2000, blue was for Republicans and Red was for Democrats.
Gerald Ford turned Michigan blue in '76, for example. The original TV map on NBC had Ford as blue and Carter as red, for that election.
CBS, from 1984 on, used the opposite color scheme. ABC didn't have a hard and fast rule over it.
Until 2000, when the electoral map came up over and over again, it was always mixed.
|7 weeks 4 days ago||Trey took some naked pictures||
Trey took some naked pictures that are now in the internet. It's trending on Twitter, but just as "Trey Burke".
As someone monitoring Twitter for Dave Brandon to be fired, and seeing Trey Burke's name and thinking "hey, maybe Trey did something good", I'd advise against clicking his name on Twitter.
|7 weeks 4 days ago||Don't run as a Green Party||
Don't run as a Green Party member, Brian.
Run as a Blue Party member.
|7 weeks 4 days ago||Seriously. People actually||
Seriously. People actually posted that here last week, before the Minnesota game.
|7 weeks 4 days ago||3. Everyone is just out to||
3. Everyone is just out to get poor Dave Brandon, because Brandon is a Republican and Ann Arbor is a liberal town.
|7 weeks 4 days ago||BOYCOTT INDIANA||
Boycott Indiana. Here's why.
- It's homecoming. There's going to be a much bigger, older, and more monied alum crowd at homecoming. Protesting that game will send a much more direct message to that crowd than if they watch it on TV against Maryland.
- It's not Senior Day. Not the players' fault that the program is run by an egomaniac and a lummox. Support the seniors, go to give them a good send-off, then leave if you want.
- The earlier this boycott comes, the more pressure will be on Brandon. If it comes with games to go, that's weeks of football to be played with the focus on the terrible job going on. By pushing it to the end of the season, it reduces the amount of coverage it gets as the season ends.
|8 weeks 3 hours ago||COME ON.||
Everyone knows that Dave Brandon's entrance video would be set to a different song.
|8 weeks 3 days ago||Ken Magee is the man.||
An awesome guy. The best.
|9 weeks 6 days ago||Actual entry, Kate Upton||
According to many noted internet videos, beloved MIchigan fan Kate enjoys dancing in public.
Clearly, one of us needs to:
- Bring her to a game, and teach her the Blues Brothers hockey band dance.
- Bring her to Yost, where she can be a beloved member of the student section. (I've got tickets there. She can sit with my group.)
She seems like someone who would really enjoy Yost, after all. Especially given her recent relationship issues, I think she'd enjoy a pleasant weekend in Ann Arbor.
Also, I see her at games anyway, and every time we exchange hellos, Michigan always wins. It's a guarantee that if we run into each other, Michigan wins. I don't think either of us went to South Bend, and that's why Michigan lost. (Sorry.)
I guess what I'm saying is that if Kate and I spent every weekend hanging around Ann Arbor and going to every Michigan football, basketball, and hockey game, Michigan would win every championship. Triple gold. And really, send us to East Lansing, we'll bring back a victory next month.
|11 weeks 6 days ago||SCIENCE||
This year's Michigan ticket stubs feature pairs of current players from this year's team.
The last time a Michigan football ticket stub featured a current Michigan player? The 1997 Ohio State game, with Charles Woodson on the ticket.