further adventures in Jed York being unsuited for his position
- Member for
- 4 years 26 weeks
- View recent blog entries
|1 week 1 day ago||I am giggling and smiling||
I am giggling and smiling like a dog awaiting a steak to devour.
|1 week 2 days ago||Point/Counterpoint||
Point: HARBAUGH HARBAUGH HARBAUGH
Counterpoint: HARBAUGH HARBAUGH HARBAUGH HARBAUGH
|1 week 2 days ago||It is probably a template||
It is probably a template across all Adidas teams.
|1 week 2 days ago||YES. Looks like a fashion||
YES. Looks like a fashion jersey from 1997.
|1 week 2 days ago||The jerseys are selling for||
The jerseys are selling for $60 at Crisler.
|1 week 2 days ago||Michigan is going to the Big||
Michigan is going to the Big Ten tournament, at the very least.
|1 week 2 days ago||Shorts!||
There are matching shorts that I found at halftime. Check the OP.
|1 week 6 days ago||To put it another way...||
Treat Kate (and any other girl) like you would if she sat in your section at Michigan Stadium. Don't be a weirdo. This isn't Spartan Tailgate.
|1 week 6 days ago||Of all the disapproving||
Of all the disapproving emails you could get today, I didn't think it'd be of this variety, Brian.
That being said, there's a picture of a giant ass on the frontpage right now.
|3 weeks 16 hours ago||A variety of points:||
I've been to a lot of outdoor games and enjoy them, so take that for what it's worth.
- Michigan and Michigan State should essentially have one outdoor game every other season. Every four-year player gets to play in one outdoor game at home, and every team gets the same amount of home games over a four-year period. (Five games at home, five on the road, four in Detroit, one in each football stadium). Anything more than that is overkill.
- The reason why the games work for the NHL is that they are largely spread out to the point of becoming unique events nationally, and the teams were spread out so the fanbases aren't watered down. The league has kind of watered down teams like Chicago to outdoor play, but everyone else is still fired up to get outside. Random games every year just don't fire everyone up.
- In the near-future, all of the major sites that people would expect to see a game at will have gotten a game. Once that happens, the amount of outdoor games should go down. The NHL blew through a lot of good sites last year, and that pace wasn't sustainable for this year.
Eventually, Michigan will work its way through every outdoor site, maybe in ways we don't necessarily want. (We've played in Michigan Stadium, Spartan Stadium, and Camp Randall. Ohio Stadium, Beaver Stadium, and TCF Bank Stadium will happen eventually.) Once every novelty combination happens, I think the gimmick will cool down.
|6 weeks 18 hours ago||This looks like it was a great time.||
I was planning on going, but got sent to a business trip in Chicago. Can't wait for the next event like this, albeit under better circumstances (no OSU playing for a title).
|9 weeks 8 hours ago||NOOOOOOOOBODY||
|9 weeks 5 days ago||Two cool slightly retro Michigan things||
Apart from regular adult gifts (shirts, socks, etc.), I got two very unique Michigan gifts.
- A two-pack of Jim Harbaugh Starting Lineup action figures, one in a Baltimore Ravens uniform...and one in a Michigan uniform.
- An autographed hockey card of Marty Turco, in a Michigan jersey, commemorating the 1998 NCAA title, numbered out of 35. This card actually came out of a very high-end ($400 a pack) NHL product, and seems to be the only Michigan hockey card like it.
The pictures aren't mine, the pictures are what I found online. Not good light here.
|11 weeks 1 day ago||Everyone thought Peyton||
Everyone thought Peyton Manning's wine was gonna make the top 100, but Woodson's got the spot instead.
You almost got him, Peyton! So close!
|13 weeks 1 day ago||Good candle, smells like||
Good candle, smells like berries, I like berries, good candle.
|15 weeks 1 day ago||Two reasons why Detroit||
Two reasons why Detroit hasn't been a finalist:
- The NCAA wants to rotate Final Four sites around the country. They just announced five Final Four sites, all in different areas.
- For HQ reasons and others, the NCAA has a long-term agreement with Indianapolis to play Final Fours at Lucas Oil Stadium every 7-8 years or so. This drastically decreases Detroit's chances, after the first point is considered.
|15 weeks 1 day ago||Yes, this.||
I've also seen it way too many times - something starts or gets out of control because one or both sides have been drinking.
The lesson here, among so many other things, is that alcohol isn't the amazing party creator it's sold as. While this situation could have gotten bad anyway, college students drunk at a hotel never leads to situations getting better.
|17 weeks 6 days ago||Well, now we know why he||
Well, now we know why he hasn't played.
|18 weeks 7 hours ago||I do the same thing with my||
I do the same thing with my dad, for my birthday. He's taken me to a Wings game for 26 years now, and we're undefeated in the birthday game.
|18 weeks 8 hours ago||Just to let you know..||
Gordie is surrounded by friends and family. He had a stroke this summer that he recovered from, somewhat, but this one is much worse.
The family is preparing for the end.
(I have connections to the family. Thought you guys would want to know.)
|18 weeks 4 days ago||Congratulations Notre Dame||
Congratulations Notre Dame football, for having a player document proof of dates with women who actually exist, along with any acts on those dates being completely consensual. Good job, everybody.
|19 weeks 5 days ago||Caps.||
It looks like the first word cloud was rendered in only capital letters, while the second was rendered in how the responses were phrased.
In the first, one TRADITION represents people entering in "tradition" and the other represents people entering "tradition". In the second, you see the same thing with "Disappointing" and "disappointing".
|20 weeks 3 days ago||I agree. Devin looked like||
I agree. Devin looked like #88 out there at times.
|21 weeks 15 hours ago||WILL SPENCER EAT SOME CHEESE||
Will Spencer eat some cheese, will there be any wagers that we could make him to make that happen?
|21 weeks 3 days ago||She's as qualified to run the||
She's as qualified to run the athletic department as the current person in charge, so it's on-topic.
Actually, she might be more qualified.
|21 weeks 4 days ago||Screw Helfrich||
We should get the head coach of that winning Arizona team, he turned that program around in just a couple seasons.
|21 weeks 5 days ago||This is in no way an NCAA||
This is in no way an NCAA violation if the AD and his family treat the athletes, right?
|21 weeks 5 days ago||dabran is Dave's unique||
dabran is Dave's unique name.
DaveBrandonAD is Dave's office email, managed by those in his office. Hence, the group.
|21 weeks 5 days ago||I have gotten similar emails||
I have gotten similar emails before from Brandon, over even smaller complaints than not renewing season tickets.
And yes, that's his email.
And yes, I got that email from a mutual contact. It's a legitimate email.
|21 weeks 6 days ago||YOU ARE WRONG.||
Chuck's now a pastor at my church in Novi, Oak Pointe. He retired in August.