"Coach Mattison told me what the Ravens were about, what he thought," Beyer said. "He definitely encouraged me. I hold his opinion in high regard."
- Member for
- 4 years 38 weeks
- View recent blog entries
|1 week 3 days ago||This is a heartwarmingly||
This is a heartwarmingly great idea. Perfect fit of person and position.
|1 week 6 days ago||Found out from a friend of||
Found out from a friend of mine, his grandson.
Sad day for everyone.
|2 weeks 3 hours ago||BTB, Mr. Spots.||
BTB, Mr. Spots.
|2 weeks 3 hours ago||Fun fact||
Fun fact about this field-rushing: I was watching the game around a very famous Detroit and his wife, who were trying to contact their kid in the student section with a phone call, to make eventual dinner plans.
I politely pointed out to them that the cell phones don't really work in the Big House, and if Michigan wins this in a dramatic way, chances are good that we'll all rush the field.
One game-winning FG later, I'm on the field and see this guy celebrating while getting his family together.
|5 weeks 2 days ago||Alison's not one of us||
Alison's not one of us though.
|9 weeks 5 days ago||(There was a guy with a Pooh||
(There was a guy with a Pooh Bear avatar that wanted John Beilein fired. He is now gone.)
|9 weeks 5 days ago||Not a Christian thing.||
How can I say this...Liberty is to sincere Christianity what Dave Brandon is to the University of Michigan.
Selling out all sincere goodness for worldly money and power. So to speak.
|10 weeks 2 days ago||I couldn't make it with the||
I couldn't make it with the hockey game starting at 5. Can I (or anyone else here) send a contribution somewhere?
|10 weeks 4 days ago||- Feeling sad about the||
- Feeling sad about the hockey loss
- Coping with the first LATE NIGHT RUN of the springtime. It's sort of warm out!
|10 weeks 6 days ago||- This season shows what an||
- This season shows what an incredible coach John Beilein is.
- I wouldn't be surprised if LeVert returned in 2015-16.
- This team was Caris and/or Derrick away from making a good run. Losing both of those guys left Michigan just good enough to barely lose to good teams, and just not good enough to win those kinds of games.
- The highlight of the season, and the game of the season...was Illinois at home, mainly due to Harbaugh.
|10 weeks 6 days ago||You know what, a lesser dam||
You know what, a lesser dam would have to be drained.
|11 weeks 2 days ago||I will try to come||
I will try to come before/after the hockey game!
|11 weeks 6 days ago||That banner looks sort of||
That banner looks sort of CGI'd. It looks sort of off.
|13 weeks 3 days ago||I am giggling and smiling||
I am giggling and smiling like a dog awaiting a steak to devour.
|13 weeks 3 days ago||Point/Counterpoint||
Point: HARBAUGH HARBAUGH HARBAUGH
Counterpoint: HARBAUGH HARBAUGH HARBAUGH HARBAUGH
|13 weeks 4 days ago||It is probably a template||
It is probably a template across all Adidas teams.
|13 weeks 4 days ago||YES. Looks like a fashion||
YES. Looks like a fashion jersey from 1997.
|13 weeks 4 days ago||The jerseys are selling for||
The jerseys are selling for $60 at Crisler.
|13 weeks 4 days ago||Michigan is going to the Big||
Michigan is going to the Big Ten tournament, at the very least.
|13 weeks 4 days ago||Shorts!||
There are matching shorts that I found at halftime. Check the OP.
|14 weeks 16 hours ago||To put it another way...||
Treat Kate (and any other girl) like you would if she sat in your section at Michigan Stadium. Don't be a weirdo. This isn't Spartan Tailgate.
|14 weeks 19 hours ago||Of all the disapproving||
Of all the disapproving emails you could get today, I didn't think it'd be of this variety, Brian.
That being said, there's a picture of a giant ass on the frontpage right now.
|15 weeks 2 days ago||A variety of points:||
I've been to a lot of outdoor games and enjoy them, so take that for what it's worth.
- Michigan and Michigan State should essentially have one outdoor game every other season. Every four-year player gets to play in one outdoor game at home, and every team gets the same amount of home games over a four-year period. (Five games at home, five on the road, four in Detroit, one in each football stadium). Anything more than that is overkill.
- The reason why the games work for the NHL is that they are largely spread out to the point of becoming unique events nationally, and the teams were spread out so the fanbases aren't watered down. The league has kind of watered down teams like Chicago to outdoor play, but everyone else is still fired up to get outside. Random games every year just don't fire everyone up.
- In the near-future, all of the major sites that people would expect to see a game at will have gotten a game. Once that happens, the amount of outdoor games should go down. The NHL blew through a lot of good sites last year, and that pace wasn't sustainable for this year.
Eventually, Michigan will work its way through every outdoor site, maybe in ways we don't necessarily want. (We've played in Michigan Stadium, Spartan Stadium, and Camp Randall. Ohio Stadium, Beaver Stadium, and TCF Bank Stadium will happen eventually.) Once every novelty combination happens, I think the gimmick will cool down.
|18 weeks 2 days ago||This looks like it was a great time.||
I was planning on going, but got sent to a business trip in Chicago. Can't wait for the next event like this, albeit under better circumstances (no OSU playing for a title).
|21 weeks 1 day ago||NOOOOOOOOBODY||
|22 weeks 5 hours ago||Two cool slightly retro Michigan things||
Apart from regular adult gifts (shirts, socks, etc.), I got two very unique Michigan gifts.
- A two-pack of Jim Harbaugh Starting Lineup action figures, one in a Baltimore Ravens uniform...and one in a Michigan uniform.
- An autographed hockey card of Marty Turco, in a Michigan jersey, commemorating the 1998 NCAA title, numbered out of 35. This card actually came out of a very high-end ($400 a pack) NHL product, and seems to be the only Michigan hockey card like it.
The pictures aren't mine, the pictures are what I found online. Not good light here.
|23 weeks 2 days ago||Everyone thought Peyton||
Everyone thought Peyton Manning's wine was gonna make the top 100, but Woodson's got the spot instead.
You almost got him, Peyton! So close!
|25 weeks 2 days ago||Good candle, smells like||
Good candle, smells like berries, I like berries, good candle.
|27 weeks 3 days ago||Two reasons why Detroit||
Two reasons why Detroit hasn't been a finalist:
- The NCAA wants to rotate Final Four sites around the country. They just announced five Final Four sites, all in different areas.
- For HQ reasons and others, the NCAA has a long-term agreement with Indianapolis to play Final Fours at Lucas Oil Stadium every 7-8 years or so. This drastically decreases Detroit's chances, after the first point is considered.
|27 weeks 3 days ago||Yes, this.||
I've also seen it way too many times - something starts or gets out of control because one or both sides have been drinking.
The lesson here, among so many other things, is that alcohol isn't the amazing party creator it's sold as. While this situation could have gotten bad anyway, college students drunk at a hotel never leads to situations getting better.