- Member for
- 4 years 29 weeks
|45 weeks 3 days ago||My Favorite: You Are Your Own Gym||
I've been doing You Are Your Own Gym for over a year and am a big fan. It's a bodyweight program, produced by a guy who used to train special forces troops, requires no equiptment except for a pull-up bar, and you can get around that. Like most of these, it's an interval training program
I've stuck with this one after trying a bunch of other simmilar bodyweight interval training programs. Here's why I liked this one:
- Easy. For me, the biggest barrier to working out is trying to figure out what exactly to do when I'm brain-dead at the end of the day. This program makes it automatic: just do the next workout. As others have said, 90% of the battle is just showing up, and this program makes it easy.
- (relatively) Quick. The longest workouts are 36 minutes (46 with warm-up and cool-down), 3-4 times a week.
- Cheap. You don't have to buy a ton of videos or equiptment. You can do the whole program using the app (5 bucks). I'd recomend getting and reading the book too, as it gives a lot of details on the philosophy behind the workout and ways to modify the different exercises to make them easier or harder, but it isn't necessary.
- Complete and effective. This guy knows what he's doing, and just doing his basic program will give you a complete, full-body workout over the course of 10 weeks.
- Customizable. It's really easy to just do his program, but also really easy to change up some of the exercises or even design a program from scratch. So if 36 minutes is too long and you find yourself skipping days you can easily tweak those workouts to be 24 minutes instead.
Maybe the biggest thing that makes me trust this workout is that Mark Lauren takes a much more sane approach to fittness than 99% of the workout programs out there. He isn't promising instant results, couch potato to perfect beach body, etc. I don't trust anything that makes promises like that because they're impossible, and because crazy programs that do produce short-term results are hard to maintain and almost always lead to rebound (for example). The general atittude behind You Are Your Own Gym is that fitness is a practice, something you do regularly over a lifetime to stay a healthy, sane individual, not something that is going to radically change your life for only three small payments of....
|46 weeks 3 hours ago||I'll second the AACTMAD||
I'll second the Ann Arbor Community for Traditional Music and Dance. My wife and I had both the ceremony and reception here. We had to book it at the last minute after our original venue fell through. The woman who runs the place was wonderful and accommodating.
Since its a dance hall, the sound system is pretty good and the floor is great for dancing. Your feet will thank you.
One big advantage to slightly non traditional venues like this: you can bring your own caterer (though they have a kitchen) and booze, which can save a bunch of money.
|1 year 30 weeks ago||Download Problems||
Does anyone else have problems downloading the WTKA episodes using the general podcast feed?
I had no trouble with episode 7.0, but neither of the WTKA episodes download in my podcast software (Beyondpod, for Android).
|4 years 23 weeks ago||20-13 Michigan||
|4 years 29 weeks ago||Likewise||
Missed this post somehow, just submitted. I hope to still be considered for all of the imaginary prizes at least.