landing spot. will be interesting to see how he does.
- Member for
- 3 years 35 weeks
- View recent blog entries
- Only put money down on a car if it's 0% interest and you're buying it.
- Never put money down on a lease.
- Always try to warm up your car before you drive it.
- Don't ever WOT (wide open throttle) when it isn't warmed up
- Always check your tire pressure before long road trips, refer to the numbers on the label that's usually placed in your door jamb.
- "Additives" in gasoline are a marketing ploy, the only thing that counts are octane levels and if the gas station isn't lying about that. Some do.
- In the snow never brake while you're turning the wheel; brake before, when you're going straight.
- Always read your owner's manual when you get a new car (new to you)
- Always have a set of jumper cables for emergency, you could even extend that to a gas can if you usually run the car until it's low on gas
- Try not to drive until your gas tank is empty, fill before it gets low
- If you want to learn a lot about your car, wax it by hand. You'll learn a lot about the look of your car and the little nuances you maybe never noticed before
- With a lease, don't go call the insurance company to fix every little scratch, save it until you're about to turn it in.
- If you have a beater, learn to fix rust and bubbling in the paint before it gets out of control, or have the dealer fix it before it gets out of control
- Learn to drive a manual, you'll learn a lot about cars
- Find a dealership you like and stick with them even if you travel a little far
- Never buy the "extras" from the dealership (undercoating and so on)
- If you know a thing or two about cars, offer your help when someone you know goes to buy one. Odds are they will likely fall into every trap laid out by the salesman
- "Cars" is an animated movie for kids and not about cars in real life
- "Top Gear" is a gear head's wet dream, and the American version is funny as well
|3 days 6 hours ago||This doesn't sound bad at||
This doesn't sound bad at all. I probably would've guessed that it would be around 300-500k
|3 days 6 hours ago||lol||
Has he always sat like that?!?!?!
What is going on!?!?!
|3 days 10 hours ago||w00t!!!||
|3 days 10 hours ago||I don't think Harbaugh felt||
I don't think Harbaugh felt he was breaking the rule, so there has to be more to the story than "the players had a full pads practice". There are a lot of assumptions that come with using that terminology. Can players dress in full gear and not hit? Is that against the rules? Maybe only part of the practice they did walk throughs in full gear? I don't know, but I would agree that if it was full pads and hitting then it wasn't a smart move.
|3 days 12 hours ago||It's Friday, YES!||
Have a good holiday weekend everyone.
|5 days 3 hours ago||#10 is the best way to make||
#10 is the best way to make hockey better without changing much. A delay of game should be seen as delaying the game with something not found in normal play. For instance, intentionally dislodging the net to save a team from a goal. The puck going out of the rink should only ever be a delay of game if and only if the player intentionally takes the puck, skates up to the glass, and tosses it to a fan who had a cool cardboard cutout of them.
I like #9 but I'd prefer it to go back to 20min sudden death hockey. No shootouts! I honestly despise them. Make it 4v4, make it 3v3. That will be awesome. Lots of space to skate and no end of the game until the next goal. Shootouts suck! They reward individual skill over team play. If your team has all big burly bruisers and no finnesse datsyuk/stamkos/malkin deker, you basically should throw in the towel.
I also really like your idea for #8. I think that will reduce bad calls for offsides. I bet they're all ready at like a 99% success rate, but it's that 1% man, it kills a teams buzz when that whistle is called and disrupts the play.
TL;DR I hate shootouts, please remove them immediately.
|5 days 6 hours ago||you sir, you get a thumbs up||
|5 days 11 hours ago||This was actually||
a good Mythbusters episode
They did it with a mosse and not a deer but the same conclusion applies. Speeding up just added more force on impact when the moose hit the car. If I remember correctly the damage to the car from the "speeding up" test was significantly more than the driving at constant speed and the slowing down tests.
|6 days 4 hours ago||Right, but that is one||
Right, but that is one situation that may not be the best fit for everyone. Some people may have that great deal in front of them but couldn't afford the higher monthly payment with putting nothing down.
As an example a 35k car would come out almost $600/mo for a 5 year term, that can be quite a financial burden for someone.
|6 days 4 hours ago||Oh yeah, for sure.||
You can't have prime rib for dinner every night, sometimes you need to take a break and have baloney.
|6 days 4 hours ago||Haha, I wouldn't say that||
Haha, I wouldn't say that every episode was crap. I've definitely had my laughs with that show. In no way is it on the same level as Top Gear (UK). Don't get me wrong there. I'm not comparing the two, or that wasn't what I was trying to do.
|6 days 4 hours ago||Only put money down on a car||
|1 week 8 hours ago||That's why this sounded||
That's why this sounded familiar to me! thanks for posting this.
I remember that being a big deal in that game.
HAHA the floor slapping, perfect MSU gif.
|1 week 8 hours ago||I have never heard of this||
I have never heard of this pepper. Sounds like death though.
|1 week 8 hours ago||The blog needs a meme||
The blog needs a meme generator
|1 week 8 hours ago||Food for thought||
Have you ever tried eating peppers while watching Peppers eat peppers?
|1 week 8 hours ago||I 'aint afraid of no ghost!||
I 'aint afraid of no ghost!
|1 week 3 days ago||Whatever. These pics are for||
Whatever. These pics are for recruits to see so i'm sure they don't really care who made it but appreciate the gesture. I just don't want to hear a big story about it. Hopefully our twitter-art-photoshop guy makes something even better next year and then someone else will copy it because it's awesome.
|1 week 3 days ago||are you practicing for||
are you practicing for broadway?
|1 week 3 days ago||TGIF||
|1 week 3 days ago||Holy moly, wow. That's like||
Holy moly, wow. That's like hackey sack but with softball equipment. Is this real life?
|1 week 5 days ago||horse puckey||
Pffffffhahahaha, this is all rigged, Punt it away to be Demolished!!
There is no real voting, but if you don't P. Diddy says you'll die. So I've heard.
|1 week 6 days ago||hahaaha, had me rolling||
hahaaha, had me rolling
|1 week 6 days ago||But it's not pizza||
But it's not pizza
|1 week 6 days ago||This is tough||
I would like to say I have no amount of loyalty towards any one make. I like cars, in general. I like gas guzzlers. I like the noise and the idea of freedom they bring you when you are driving home from a long day on the freeway and have a chance to relax, which is rare because I'm usually in a rush to something. When I do get that chance it's great. I like to have a car that I feel comfortable working on. I do not like some cars where you seemed force to take it into the dealership to fix it because they have the special tools.
My family has been mainly Ford and Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. Not by choice, but my dad always had a work truck and it was always a Ford. My mom has always had a Caravan or Durango. My first car was a Focus, and I still have it. It's a great car and has given me so few issues. My fiancee had a Camry when we met and when she went to get a new one we really didn't like the quality of the RAV. We also had a really really bad dealer. She got her Camry from... I can't think of it but the dealership in AA. The bad dealer was out in Troy. They were lazy. We ended up getting a Cherokee and we both really like that car. I will probably get a Grand Cherokee or a F150 next.
TL;DR I have no hate towards any make. They've all made good cars at some point and I probably would like some car of there's if not now then in the future. The only hate I'd have would be for working with bad dealerships. They can really make the joy of purchasing a car a nightmare.
|1 week 6 days ago||Did you notice that they had||
Did you notice that they had lockers in a couple rooms? Definitely a resort
|1 week 6 days ago||Late to the party, but the||
Late to the party, but the battle of the grins was at 2000-2001 for the spring game grin which is what i voted for.
Also how is punt demo winning by so much. That should at least be a closer race.
Haha, this tourney is awesome.
|2 weeks 5 days ago||I just really like the sea of||
I just really like the sea of jerseys and winged helmets. I mean that is so cool.
|2 weeks 5 days ago||These are some tough choices.||
These are some tough choices. I think 50% of my votes went to upsets. I think one of my fav gifs is the Harbaugh Huddle. That's just a great one.
|2 weeks 5 days ago||Hehehehe||
Our coach is awesome.