i find this extremely interesting
- Member for
- 2 years 3 days
- Current value
- You will not be kicked out of the arena for not wearing maize. You will be relocated to the upper deck. In the context of the ITH article, "leave" means leave the blechers or Sec. 130.
- Michigan is not the only program with this policy. The Paint Crew (Purdue) also has a similar policy.
- The policy was put into place a few years ago when your M-Card was required with your ticket voucher to sit in the student section. Thus, with the exception of graduate students, it would not be possible for students from other schools to sit in the bleachers without using a fraudulent M-Card (a big university violation).
- The ticket is for the student section, not the lower of the student section. Thus, it is a reasonable requirement for students who wish to sit in the lower bowl of the student section to wear maize. Just as it is a requirement to sit in the lower bowl to be one of first ~550 students to line up for the game.
- There is no rule preventing oposing fans from rooting for their own team.
- The center section is about 10 ft further back from last year. I think this is a huge factor in the perception of a weak student section becasue not as much of the Maize Rage is on TV.
- The bleachers are smaller than before the renovations.
- The athletic deparment continued to have the overflow section seperated from the bleachers.
- The ushers are a lot more strict from some reason.
|8 weeks 4 days ago||1. GRIII 2. GRIII 3.||
4. Stauskas; I think it is more likely that Irvin starts at the 3 with either Morgan or McGary comming off the bench. (Yes, I think McGary could be a 6th man to provide energy off the bench. Remember back in 2009 when Peedi came off the bench despite being our second best player).
|14 weeks 2 days ago||No. I am saying that this was||
No. I am saying that this was the rationale behind the policy being put in place. You can form your own opinion on whether or not it is a good policy. I don't think there is anything wrong with the rule but maybe the maize rage needs to re-evaluate their policy.
|14 weeks 2 days ago||Bleacher Requirements||
As someone who was part of the the Maize Rage Core for several years I can provide some insight to the rule:
|30 weeks 22 hours ago||third year in a row||
Robbie Hummel tore his knee up before the season 2 years ago. Fortunately for them, they all got (will get) medical redshirts.
|1 year 3 weeks ago||Boss Not Leaving MSU||
There is 0.0% chance Boss leaves MSU. As touched on earlier in the thread, his father was a legardary baseball coach at Lansing Catholic (Central) High School. Furthermore, you simply don't see coaches leave a position at one program for the same position at their rival school.
|1 year 3 weeks ago||Matheny||
Mike Matheny had no managerial experience before taking over for La Russa for the Cardinals this season. Certainly having managerial experience is a plus but I think a knowledge of college baseball and overall character are better indications of how a manager will perform.
|1 year 15 weeks ago||About Time||
I get it that MGoBlog is more of a football blog than anything else, but the basketball team has an opportunity to make a big run. At least changing the banner for the tourament run will show the community's support for basketball.
|1 year 30 weeks ago||Agreed||
I get so sick of the people who complain about Michigan basketball fans. SUPPORT ALL MICHIGAN SPORTS, NO JUST FOOTBALL. Don't just bitch about the lack of enthusiansum for a game against WIU when you are at home and watch 10 minutes of the game.
|1 year 30 weeks ago||Arena Renovations||
First of all, so you know my perspective: I sit front row of the center section. The center of Maize Rage has always been solid and the wings have always been a little weak. However, the renovations on Crisler have had an adverse effect on the student section:
|1 year 32 weeks ago||Illini Talent||
Illinois had quite a bit of talent during the Juice era: Arrelious Benn and Rashard Mendenhall were both explosive playmakers and 1st or 2nd round picks. On defense they had Vonte Davis and mgoblog favorite J Leman.
|1 year 50 weeks ago||Bad Question||
Granted that Darius' response is not particularly great, the question was equally bad: "What are you like on a personal level?" I think the blogger could have rephrased that question better.