he grew a beard
- Member for
- 3 years 45 weeks
- Has served as a defensive coordinator for 14 years and worked on the collegiate level for 30 years.
- One of five finalists for the initial Frank Broyles Award in 1996 as a member of the Michigan staff.
- Co-Defensive Coordinator for a Florida unit that improved in 14 statistical categories in 2005. Florida ranked ninth in the nation in total defense (299.8 ypg.) and 10th nationally in rushing defense (94.9 ypg.).
- Instilled an aggressive, attacking scheme at Florida that forced 31 turnovers, tops in the SEC and ninth-best nationally and recorded 33 sacks - the 25th best total nationally and best at UF since 1999. UF's 337 yards on tackles for loss in 2005 was the best in school history since records were kept in 1983.
- Florida's 31 turnovers resulted in 114 points or 34.3 percent of all UF's points - tops in the SEC. UF was third in the SEC in three and outs (35.3 percent of all opponent possessions).
- Oversaw the development of defensive end Justin Tuck, who was named Notre Dame's 2004 Monogram Club Most Valuable Player after posting a team-high six sacks and 14 tackles-for-loss. He also set the ND career record for sacks, posting 24.5 during his career.
- The Fighting Irish defense permitted 94.4 yards per game to rank ninth in the NCAA regular-season statistics.
- The 2003 Irish defensive line produced 24 of the Irish's single season-record 39 quarterback sacks, including a school-record 13.5 sacks by defensive end Justin Tuck. In 2002, the Irish line recorded 37 sacks for a total of 241 yards, a drastic improvement from 2001 totals.
- As defensive coordinator at Notre Dame in 2001, his unit ranked 14th in the nation in total defense including 10th in the country in pass defense and 22nd in scoring defense.
- In 2000, the Irish defense recorded 33 sacks.
- The 1998 Notre Dame defense gave up only 16.4 points per game over its last nine regular-season outings while not giving up a third quarter touchdown in any of its first nine games.
- Notre Dame's defense was ranked 24th in the country in pass efficiency defense and 31st in the country in scoring defense at 19.83 points per game in 1997.
- While at Michigan in 1996, the Wolverines defense ranked eighth nationally in scoring defense (15.2 points per game) and Michigan was among the top teams in the (108.5 yards per game for 17th), pass efficiency defense (20th) and total defense (18th at 300.9).
- In 1995, Michigan ranked 11th in total defense (286.3) and third in rushing defense (90.1).
- Coaching the Texas A&M defensive line in 1991, the Aggies boasted the country's top-rated defensive unit (222.4 yards per game) as they won the Southwest Conference title and led the league in all four defensive categories. In 1990, Texas A&M stood 19th in total defense and the Aggies were 13th in 1989.
|3 years 43 weeks ago||alabama has two players left||
alabama has two players left playing in the NFL playoffs. 1)anthony madison and 2)charlie peprah. mmmmmmmmmm those players get me all hot and bothered. If i was in highschool i would love to play for alabama and have a crappy nfl career. Oh and that school called Michigan, yep, people who stay will be champions. We have 6 (todd collins, charles woodson, david harris, lamarr woodley, braylon edwards, larry foote)
|3 years 44 weeks ago||WELL, obviously hoke is||
WELL, obviously hoke is recruiting late so im sure he wouldve wanted to lock this kid up first. Maybe he was waiting for a BADASS DC to recruit all the kids who passed on MI with him......AND.........now he does. So, lets see if Zettel really loved Michigan because as far as we all know, with rich rod here, it wasnt the same Michigan
|3 years 44 weeks ago||Biography: C||
|3 years 44 weeks ago||His defensive resume is||
His defensive resume is simply amazing. Everywhere he has been, the defense he has coached has been either the best or one of the best in country.
|3 years 44 weeks ago||Lucien isn't good and we have||
Lucien isn't good and we have plenty of depth at wide receiver. I would worry about losing Fisher, Crawford, and Hart.
|3 years 44 weeks ago||did florida offer him a||
did florida offer him a scholarship