landing spot. will be interesting to see how he does.
- Member for
- 6 years 39 weeks
- View recent blog entries
|6 weeks 3 days ago||Every time I've tried brisket||
Every time I've tried brisket it has been an abject failure. Pretty dialed in on the pork butts though. Much more forgiving.
On the topic of BBQ...there is a food truck in Ann Arbor that I was recently introduced to called Ricewood BBQ and it is awesome. Best BBQ I've had in A2 by a longshot. Parked behind Morgan and York on Packard south of Stadium.
|7 weeks 4 days ago||Seriously. I was wandering||
Seriously. I was wandering in the abyss from day one in Chem 461. Not sure how I passed that class. Didn't think 463 was as difficult.
|9 weeks 11 hours ago||Played there on Sunday.||
Played there on Sunday. Course is in great shape but the old clubhouse has been demolished and the course layout is changed for the year. Temporary clubhouse is on the south side of the course and the entrance is at the tennis center on State St. #1 is the old #12 (long par 3). After old #18 you play, #10, #11, then old #6-#9 and the closing holes are #1-#4.
|14 weeks 4 days ago||tl;dr||
|14 weeks 4 days ago||Hopslam||
|14 weeks 6 days ago||Yeah. The game itself was||
Yeah. The game itself was great. Columbus is just an incredibly unwelcoming place. The thing I remember most is just how much trash was strewn all over the place, like, everywhere. The bootleg happened in the endzone opposite where I was sitting. That '00 season was just such a disappointment for the most part. That game they actually lived up to the hype/potential.
Definitely regret not going to Pasadena in 2005 & 2006. Especially the Texas game.
|14 weeks 6 days ago||Same here. The only one that||
Same here. The only one that I would truly consider a bucket list item is going to the Rose Bowl Game with Michigan playing in it. I'd also love to go to the Sugar Bowl just because I think New Orleans is an awesome city and would be a blast to pregame in the French Quarter.
I've been to a bunch of stadiums and the top experience was proabably UM @ Notre Dame in 2006. Obviously, my favorable opinion was molded in-part by the fact that Michigan blew the doors off the Irish that day. Prior to the Brandon era abasement of the gameday experience at the Big House, Notre Dame was the only place I've been to that had purist tradition like Michigan's (no piped in music, no ads, no big screen). And their fans were very hospitable. Contrast that to Ohio State which was basically a dumpster fire outside the stadium where you need to tread carefully if you choose to wear Maize & Blue. Their drunken mouthbreather fans will be in your grill pretty much nonstop. I was there for the game in your avatar and doubt I will ever go back. I did sing the Victors on the concourse in the Horseshoe with a few hundred other Michigan fans after that win so that was pretty awesome.
In the south I've been to UGA, GT, UF, UT, UK, Bama, Auburn, & Clemson. Clemson & Auburn were the loudest. UGA best tailgating. Never made it to LSU but they'd be on the top of my list of SEC places I haven't visited.
|15 weeks 6 days ago||Enlist the help of Stephen||
Enlist the help of Stephen Ross and hold the event at the Dolphins practice/training camp facilities
|16 weeks 6 days ago||(No subject)||
|19 weeks 1 day ago||(No subject)||
|19 weeks 2 days ago||Couple of nice runs and first||
Couple of nice runs and first career TD from Fitz!
|19 weeks 3 days ago||Congrats!! I'm hanging out||
Congrats!! I'm hanging out with my 10 week old son right now so I was in your shoes not too long ago. Here are some random thoughts:
- Diapers: Pampers Swaddlers are the best diapers. Don't stock up too much on the newborn size. My baby was in the size 1's after about 4 weeks and he's not an outlier as far as size.
- Sleep: My wife and I have been incredibily lucky as far as our son's sleep habits. He's been sleeping through the night (11:00pm - 6:00am) since he was two weeks old. I'm sure it's just him, but I'll share our sleep routine just in case it is having an impact that may be reproducible. Last nursing right before bedtime, swaddle him, sleep on his back, in a bassinet right next to our bed, and we have two ambient noise sound machines running all night.
- Classes: I went to a few Daddy boot camp type classes. Personally, I found them to be a waste of time. Everything they talk about in the classes is available online and much on youtube. Learn the "Five S's" from the Happiest Baby on the Block. It's not perfect but it works pretty dag-gone well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK4O9N3DjJM
- Books: By far the best book I read is Brain Rules For Baby: How to Raise a Smart & Happy Child From Zero to Five http://www.amazon.com/Brain-Rules-Baby-Raise-Smart/dp/0979777763. It's an eveidence-based book rooted in real research in a variety of relevant sciences. All of the recommendations/methods in the book have been validated and published in peer-reviewed journals in the cognitive, behavioral science, etc. It was an easy, interesting read and most of the other baby books I have read are either redundant or speculative.
- Clothes: Buy the onesies that have a zipper, buttons are a pain. Carter's makes really nice stuff.
- Childbirth: In retrospect, my wife regretted not doing a c-section from the outset. She was in labor for 24 hours and had two separte push sessions before deciding to just do the c/s. Her recovery was a pretty easy process for her and her incision has healed very nicely.
|20 weeks 3 days ago||http://bit.ly/1Rz899Q Article||
http://bit.ly/1Rz899Q Article posted earlier today on UGA 247 site.
The quotes in that article sound like he is all but a lock to UGA. Compare those to the quotes UM insiders are getting and it just doesn't sound promising at all.
|21 weeks 3 days ago||Preseason 2000 before Henson||
Preseason 2000 before Henson broke his foot also high on the list
|22 weeks 1 day ago||What most people think of||
What most people think of when referring to "reddit style" is that the Highest rated (net total of up & down votes) comment becomes the top comment. Same is true for replies to comments. Topics are also sorted using a similar method so active threads appear at the top of the board/frontpage/subreddit. Good posts/comments appear the top, bad/troll posts appear at the bottom and essentially out-of-sight. There is also the option to sort topics/comments with the newest post appearing at the top (or bottom).
|24 weeks 2 days ago||Twofold blow: Injured and||
Twofold blow: Injured and apparently talking with OSU coaches
|28 weeks 1 day ago||*5-0 FTFY||
|29 weeks 2 days ago||Nebraska hasn't been such a||
Nebraska hasn't been such a benefactor of poor refereeing since the Mizzou game in 1997!
|31 weeks 3 days ago||DUDE! Well now we know who||
DUDE! Well now we know who to blame if MSU wins.
|31 weeks 3 days ago||Provided without||
Provided without comment:
There was a segment on College Gameday this morning about the final play. Dantanio is quoted in the segment "We were gonna put all eleven up and go for it. If we roughed him, hey, we roughed him".
|32 weeks 1 day ago||http://mgoblog.com/content/so|
|32 weeks 2 days ago||Same player was lined up in||
Same player was lined up in the neutral zone before the snap and should have been flagged for offsides.
|32 weeks 2 days ago||Blame Blake? How about some||
Blame Blake? How about some blame on the coaching staff? MSU had nobody back to return the punt and ten defenders on the LOS on the punt block call. Michigan had two gunners, and before the snap was even botched, five Michigan players were downfield without a single MSU defender in front of them. Max protect punt should have been the call. The coaching staff shares an equal or larger share of the blame for not having the right play call in and putting O'Neill in position to win the game on what should have been a routine scenario. This is the analog to calling a three man rush on the Kordell Stewart play.
|32 weeks 2 days ago||(No subject)||
One of these things is not like the other
|32 weeks 3 days ago||Can't expect to win a game||
Can't expect to win a game when you only pick up ten first downs. Wish Peppers had seen a few more touches on offense, could have been the difference we needed.
|32 weeks 6 days ago||John Smoltz. Never played||
John Smoltz. Never played for State but he's a fan and clearly could/would have if he had played college baseball. He is to MSU what Jeter is to UM. Favorite pitcher of the 90s and seems like a genuinely good dude.
|32 weeks 6 days ago||41-0 Michigan||
|33 weeks 1 day ago||Oooh...might be a spot||
Oooh...might be a spot opening at Augusta for all of you on the short list.
|33 weeks 1 day ago||I have no graphic design||
I have no graphic design skills but will defer to someone who does. Use this image, change "America" to "Nobody" and obviously change color scheme to Maize & Blue. Perhaps change the DD to block M. This needs to happen.
|33 weeks 1 day ago||He is the fastest player on||
He is the fastest player on the team. Glad to see the staff getting the ball into his hands and giving him lots of opportunities to make plays.