also duty-free guys falling over and grabbing their shins
- Member for
- 4 years 50 weeks
- View recent blog entries
|34 weeks 4 days ago||Woodford Manhattan. Working||
Woodford Manhattan. Working on number two right now. Cheers!
|35 weeks 6 days ago||(No subject)||
|51 weeks 1 day ago||@ UCLA 2000 Opposite end of||
@ UCLA 2000
Opposite end of the bad weather spectrum and I didn't attend the game, but I remember hearing the field temperature at the Rose Bowl that day was around 115 degrees F. Fiftteen fans went to the hospital for heat exhaustion. The players were completely gassed on the sidelines.
2000 was such a frustrating season. Hype all summer only to have Henson break his foot three weeks before week one. That UCLA loss was the first real dagger though.
|51 weeks 3 days ago||Y u hate us AMWRHG?!||
Y u hate us AMWRHG?!
|1 year 9 weeks ago||Season 4 of the show is the||
Season 4 of the show is the second half of Storm of Swords. Have to wait for season 5 for Feast.
|1 year 10 weeks ago||I've lived in the south for||
I've lived in the south for ten years and never once have I had someone ask me "what kind" when I ordered a coke.
|1 year 17 weeks ago||Red Hare Brewing Co, Gangway||
Red Hare Brewing Co, Gangway IPA
|1 year 17 weeks ago||Potential Best Case Scenario||
Potential Best Case Scenario Schedule (2 home games vs West)
HOME: Ohio, Penn State, Maryland, Illinois, Minnesota
ROAD: MSU, IU, Rutgers, Purdue
Potential Worst Case Scenario Scheudle (2 road games vs West)
HOME: MSU, IU, Rutgers, Iowa
ROAD: Ohio, Penn State, Maryland, Wisconsin, Nebraska
|1 year 17 weeks ago||While this may be||
While this may be unbalanced for the conference as a whole, it is far more favorable for UM than the old divisions.
- Michigan already played MSU and Ohio every year anyway.
- We swap Nebraska for Penn State with the new set up.
- M will play in the untapped grounds of NJ & MD every year.
- Iowa, Nebraska and Wisconsin will rotate off the schedule regularly.
There will be seasons where Michigan will have very easy schedule on paper, especially with the ND rivalry on hiatus. I think we can expect to see more undefeated seasons heading into the Ohio game.
|1 year 18 weeks ago||Both are on MDen but not all||
Both are on MDen but not all sizes in stock
|1 year 19 weeks ago||After they showed Denard on||
After they showed Denard on the big screen we regained the momentum which had swung all the way to Cuse for a few minutes.
|1 year 19 weeks ago||Community Q and Fox Bros are||
Community Q and Fox Bros are the best BBQ in town. The best stuff is outside the perimeter. Fat Matt's is a popular place but the food just isn't good. If someone tells you to go there they have bad taste in BBQ. The only good reason to eat at Fat Matt's is if you decide to do the Saturday brewery tour at Sweetwater Brewery because they are in the same part of town. 83tilinfinity mentioned Sweetwater in his breakdown. Great way to spend a couple hours. $10 gets you admission to the brewery, a pint glass, and 5 tickets to fill it with their various beers. Get there around 2:00 Saturday because the lines can be long on a nice day. One of the best deals in town.
|1 year 20 weeks ago||Excellent write up||
Excellent write up 83tilinfinity. This is an incredibly well-rounded guide to the city and is worthy of being frontpaged in IME. I've lived in Atlanta for ten years and this is my favorite time of year in this city. The Final Four in my city with Michigan in it is just flat out awesome. I'll add few bullets to complement your review.
- The Braves have a weekend series versus the Cubs at Turner Field. 7:35 PM Friday and 1:05 Sunday. Doubt anyone will be interested in the Saturday (night) game. Atlanta is loaded with talent this year and Turner field is a great ballpark. Cubs fans tend to take the place over when they play in Atlanta.
- As mentioned above there is a three-day free concert series at Centennial Olympic Park with an impressive line up including My Morning Jacket & Zac Brown (Friday), Ludacris, Flo Rida and Muse (Saturday), Sting and Dave Matthews Band (Sunday). One local gem in this lineup is Yacht Rock Revue, who appear to be the first act for the Saturday show. Best cover band you will ever see and entirely worth your while. If you are downtown Saturday around noon definitely make it a point to go see YRR.
- World of Coke and the Aquarium are both fun, but I would highly recommend getting away from Downtown, especially at night, and spend some time in Inman Park, Virginia Highlands and Buckhead.
- Lots of great, low-key, restaurants in Inman Park, most of which are listed above. Get dinner here on Friday night and then jump in cab to either Little 5 Points or Virginia Highlands (aka The Highlands). 10 High (small bar/music venue) underneath Dark Horse Tavern is home to Metalsome Karaoke, which is karaoke with a (very good) live rock band with a huge repertoire of rock songs. Not at all your bouncing-ball karaoke. More like being the lead singer of a legtimate band for 5 minutes.
- Murphy's and Rosebud are excellent brunch spots also in the Highlands.
- Strip Clubs: The Cheetah on Spring Street in Midtown is enormous and has lots of quality women, but I recommend making the short drive up Buford Highway to The Pink Pony. Smaller and a little trashier but better quality. The Pony is just a better party, Cheetah can be pretty stale.
- If you're really feeling froggy I believe UGA's spring game is on Saturday. Athens is about 1.5 hours from Atlanta so you'd be hard-pressed to make it back in time for the Louisville/WSU game. But if you want to see Sanford stadium this is cheap opportunity to do that.
- My vote for best steak in town is at Hal's in Buckhead. The Hal's (french cut) Ribeye will change your life.
- For the under 30 crowd looking to rage, Buckhead is where you want to be. Buckhead has an accurate reputation for being frat-tastic, but if blacking out and hooking up is at the top of your agenda look no further. Grab some pre-game grub at Tin Lizzy's or The Big Ketch. Avoid One Star Ranch. There are about 10 bars around Roswell Road and Irby Ave that should be packed to the gills on Friday and Saturday. All of them will have pretty much the same crowd (think lots of 22-28 year old SEC co-eds). Atlanta is to the SEC what Chicago is to the Big Ten. Fives Paces Inn, Pool Hall, The Lost Dog, Red Door, Buckhead Saloon, Churchills, East Andrews, just to name a few. Fado Irish Pub is a little less wild, but is on the other side of Peachtree and about a 5-7 minute walk from the Roswell bars. The Ivy is about a mile north up Roswell (3 minute cab, but not really walkable) and never fails. Johnny's Hideaway is a bizarre and fun spot, but has become more popular in recent years and will probably have really long lines. Keep your drinks off the dance floor.
- MARTA generally sucks for getting around town, but is excellent for transporation to the Georgia Dome. And Decatur which is a cool part of town. Leon's, Iberian Pig and the Brickstore are all great.
- Please don't use the word "hotlanta".
- Have fun. Go Blue. Beat Syracuse!
|1 year 20 weeks ago||THE_KNOWLEDGE (aka Micheal)||
THE_KNOWLEDGE (aka Micheal) bracket.
|1 year 20 weeks ago||Gary Moeller did and even||
Gary Moeller did and even she's stomached it better than most.
|1 year 20 weeks ago||I agree with this. Stay in||
I agree with this.
Stay in Buckhead. W Buckhead, Intercontinental and Grand Hyatt are all very short walk to Marta station. I almost never use Marta, but it is great for access to the Georgia Dome.
Protip: The best steak in town is at Hal's.
|1 year 20 weeks ago||He'll be fine. Busy Level 1||
He'll be fine. Busy Level 1 trauma centers see this injury a few times a month. Infection is probably the biggest risk because it was an open fracture. The Lattimore injury requires far more complex procedure with a less predictable outcome.
|1 year 20 weeks ago||I take a broken leg (Fitz,||
I take a broken leg (Fitz, Ware) over a blown out knee (Lattimore, McGahee) any day of the week.
|1 year 20 weeks ago||Both shows start at 9:00.||
Both shows start at 9:00. Would be more efficient to watch GoT in real time commerical free on HBO then watch TWD after and burn through the commercials.
|1 year 23 weeks ago||Outside Providence is||
Outside Providence is hilarious. Easily the most under rated and under the radar movie the Farrelly Bros have ever done.
Also, agree with everyone on True Romance. And Hot Tub Time Machine was much funnier than I expected it to be.
|1 year 23 weeks ago||#9 was my house in 99/00.||
#9 was my house in 99/00. 931 S. State. Great spot, great year.
|1 year 30 weeks ago||Damn you, Cheese.||
Damn you, Cheese.
|1 year 33 weeks ago||Not a fan of playoff seeding||
Not a fan of playoff seeding being determined by record. Total scoring is the fairest method.
|1 year 33 weeks ago||I want to play in a league||
I want to play in a league like this next year. I'm sick of playing in leagues with a combo DEF/ST position. How many defensive roster spots do you play each week? One DL, One LB & on DB? How does the coach scoring work?
|1 year 33 weeks ago||As a resident of Atlanta it||
As a resident of Atlanta it would mean a lot to see this team come down and play in the Final Four at the Georgia Dome. The last time Michigan played in Atlanta was a couple years after I moved here in 2004. M played at Georgia Tech in the B10-ACC Challenge and got absolutely dominated in every facet of the game and lost 68-99. Literally the only positive takeaway from the game was that we held GT under 100 points. A final four appearance in Atlanta would be awesome becuase it has become my home and I would certainly find a way to get into the Dome to be there.
|1 year 34 weeks ago||Team core: AP, Trent||
Team core: AP, Trent Ricahrdson, Megatron. Alternated QB btwn Eli & Romo week by week. Led the league in points that last 2 weeks of the season. Lost by 8 points in the first round of the playoffs, because the guy I played against (who went on to win the SB yesterday) had Seattles Defense who scored 48 points vs Arizona who turned the ball over 8 times, twice returned for TD's. I would have won my league if it weren't for the stupid scoring that Seattle put up in the first round game. Yes, I'm still dejected.
|1 year 34 weeks ago||Racking up points so far.||
Racking up points so far.
|1 year 34 weeks ago||The immediate surgery was||
The immediate surgery was probably the application of an external fixator because of the risk of developing a compartment syndrome, and would be unrelated to the comminution (clean break vs shattered) of the fracture. Once that risk subsided (a few days to a week later), they would remove the x-fix and put a rod in his tibia, and they may or may not have also plated the fibula (assuming it was broken). Just looking at the pictures of the injury it looked too proximal to be a pilon (which is a good thing for Fitz).
|1 year 37 weeks ago||DMA driven additions: Texas:||
DMA driven additions:
Texas: #5 Dallas 2.58M, #10 Houston 2.21M, #36 San Antonio 881k, #45 Austin 705k
Florida State: #14 Tampa-St Pete 1.8M, #16 Miami-FL 1.62M, #18 Orlando-Daytona #1.45M #38 West Palm 794k
UNC: #25 Charlotte 1.13M, #37 Greevil-Spart 846k, #44 Norfolk-Portsmouth 709k, #46 Greensboro-W Salem 695k
Texas and UNC fit academically. Texas seems highly unlikely right now, but I guess things can change quickly. FSU gets us on almost most as many TV's (maybe more if you include the markets in the panhandle which I didn't include here), but they probably don't fit the academic pedigree of the rest of the conference.
Approx Viewers in Major Markets: Texas 6.3M, FSU 5.6M, Carolinas 3M.
|1 year 37 weeks ago||Kind of a stretch to say the||
Kind of a stretch to say the GT is way harder to get into than UGA. The Hope Scholarship is a huge incentive to keep the best hs school students in Georgia in the state and UGA's enrollment has imporved because of it. You pretty much have to be top 10% of your class to get into UGA. This wasn't true 10 years ago.
I think GT is the obvious choice for the next addition to the B1G. Big TV market in what is arguably the center of the college football universe. UGA, Bama, Auburn, Florida, Clemson, FSU, Tennessee, and South Carolina are all five hours or less driving distance. Also a big advantage for current B1G schools to get into the talent laden south on the recruiting trail too. by adding GT to the conference. Good tradition in hoops, although not so much success lately, and a good baseball team are also nice adds.
If the B1G makes this move I think Texas or Florida State would be the next obvious choice for the 16th memeber. But Texas probably won't happen because of $$ and FSU's academics will probably keep them out.