further adventures in Jed York being unsuited for his position
- Member for
- 6 years 22 weeks
- View recent blog entries
|2 days 13 hours ago||#teamTeachTheInbounds||
|4 days 21 hours ago||And so did Sam Webb, an hour after this board post.||
And so did Sam Webb, an hour after this board post.
|3 weeks 13 hours ago||Beilein is definitely not||
Beilein is definitely not terrible to end close games. This team in particular has been bad because of a lack of talent thanks to injury and NBA attrition.
|3 weeks 4 days ago||Your tax dollars don't||
Your tax dollars don't subsidize the tuition of out of state students.
|4 weeks 3 days ago||It's not #amazing, it's||
It's not #amazing, it's #amaizing. It's a Michigan-ized word. And it creates a topic that could potentially trend on Twitter, which can help substantially with recruiting a group of people (aka high school students) who use Twitter constantly.
|8 weeks 5 days ago||Yeah, I shed a couple while||
Yeah, I shed a couple while reading his obituary on ESPN, and then proceeded to bawl my eyes out watching that peice and some of the other specials.
|9 weeks 3 days ago||YMRMFSCA: Fritz CristlerWhy||
YMRMFSCA: Fritz Cristler
|14 weeks 1 min ago||And that Elijah Shumate is in there. Did he transfer from ND?||
And that Elijah Shumate is in there. Did he transfer from ND?
|18 weeks 3 days ago||FOIA may not apply when||
FOIA may not apply when regarding the health information of a single person.
|18 weeks 4 days ago||And how were his numbers||
And how were his numbers freshman year compared to senior? He regressed if anything.
|20 weeks 3 days ago||It makes no sense by to||
It makes no sense by to include players like Braxton who have missed every game. He was clearly their starter and a major loss. Just because he was gone a week or two before the season is pointless.
|22 weeks 3 days ago||You know things are bad when||
You know things are bad when Brian posts pre-noon two days in a row. Thanks as always for the outstanding coverage and commentary. There's a reason we read your blog so loyally.
|22 weeks 3 days ago||Mods - please remove OT tag.||
Mods - please remove OT tag. Clearly relevant to current Michigan sports.
|28 weeks 5 days ago||Well, the entire d-line is||
Well, the entire d-line is returning, for one, and many of them played together last year. Even if our OL is improved, they still have to get better at working together.
|28 weeks 5 days ago||My mind has been blown. So much faster!||
My mind has been blown. So much faster!
|1 year 23 weeks ago||Th s is the stupidest comment||
Th s is the stupidest comment I've read in this stream of terrible comments. The students are the only reason we ever have a "home field advantage" in the first place, and treating them like 3rd class citizens is absurd. I missed 1 home game the four years I attended Michigan because I was home for thanksgiving break as a freshman. Since graduating in 2004, I've gone back to as many games as possible, and whenever I go I cheer my ass off, I stand and shout, and the only thing that happens is I get yelled at by other "fans" to sit down and stop making such a ruckus. If the majority of the crowd ACTUALLY cheered the team like true fans, then this wouldn't be a big deal. But it's the students, whether they show up 30 minutes before kickoff or 3 minutes into the first quarter that actually give the stadium life. All Brandon is doing is taking that away.
|1 year 29 weeks ago||It's an instructional video||
It's an instructional video from last year.
|1 year 29 weeks ago||Gallon vs Kovacs||
Did anyone else catch that last pairing in the Michigan Drill? Only time Gallon was beaten. Mountain goat vs Binky.
|1 year 44 weeks ago||I'm worried... Is Brian OK?||
I'm worried... Is Brian OK?
|2 years 41 weeks ago||any chance you can upload the||
any chance you can upload the raw moon shot? i'd love to play around with what looks like an oustanding photo.
|2 years 42 weeks ago||1. Novak. 2. Sims.||
1. Novak. 2. Sims.
|2 years 42 weeks ago||1. Hagelin 2. Hunwick||
|2 years 42 weeks ago||Was there last night. He's||
Was there last night. He's probably 6'3" (my height). They were both totally down to earth, Hunwick's very excited to have gotten the opportunity in Columbus, and Novak's looking forward to Europe.
Novak thinks that Beilein has done an outstanding job changing his game plan depending on the talent he has, noting Burke in particular (our offense was nothing like a traditional Beilein team this year). He's incredibly excited to see what he can do with even more talented players, and some extra size in the post.
|3 years 5 days ago||He may not have participated,||
He may not have participated, but he brought in a ton of sponsorship money for the school/team, raised it's already high profile, and helped bring an amazing coach in Bob Bowman. Not to mention that having the Vanderkay's swimming against him in intra-squad/training meets definitely improved the team itself.
|3 years 5 days ago||Title 9?||
I thought the 11.7 scholies was a title 9 limitation? Does title 9 only apply to NCAA sports?
|3 years 2 weeks ago||Hagerup...||
Don't forget the surprised Hagerup snap....
|3 years 3 weeks ago||Well, I got a different hex from my pantone guide...||
Pantone 116 Coated:
Pantone 116 Uncoated:
Pantone 282 Coated:
Uncoated 282 is not right... so I'd go with the first set for maize.
|3 years 10 weeks ago||One other possible counterpoint...||
USC had documented and confirmed evidence of over $50,000 given to Bush, with allegations of a couple $100k more, from over 3 separate years of play. OSU had $14,000 documented given in small amounts to several players over one apparent 12 month period, with allegations of possibly $10-30k to Pryor. USC also had several key witnesses agree to give full cooperation, wheras OSU did not. I, personally, still think OSU was guilty under the letter and spirit of the law of LOIC, but I do see some non-significant differenes in the meat of the two cases.
|3 years 24 weeks ago||My several cents||
1) Practicing deep throws in practice vs. game is a big deal; the more accustomed Denard gets to the deep throw in game pressure situations, the better he will get at it.
2) INT to doubled Gallon was a bad read. However, it was a great play call with the FB McClogan WIDE OPEN on the sidelines. Again, as Denard gets more experience/comfort in making these reads in game situations, the better he will get at making the right read.
3) MANBALL runs were not working because of the defensive scheme: 8 or 9 (4-3 vs 4-4, generally) in the box every time, LBs selling out to the run, with 1v1 coverage on the outside. This setup is what made the deep throws more prevelant and necessary (short throws toward the high end of the box are more difficult when you have so many bodies crowding it; you throw over the box or to the outside to counter). As Denard gets more comfortable making those outside throws, defenses will adjust, taking 1 or 2 out of the box and making the inside runs more successful (i.e. 4-6 yards rather than -1-2).
4) Denard Waggle Miracles are awesome plays. However, they are unsustainable (i.e. the reason he was always injured last year was due to the number of times he took shots in similar 1 vs 5 situations... he got yards, but he got tagged). Just saying that he should always take off in these situations fails to take that into account.
5) RR's offense was prettier, and highly ranked in FEI (certainly higher than we will be this year). But it wasn't very effective in the Yards-to-Points ratio (9th in total yards, 89th in Yards/Pt @ 15 yds/pt, compared to 69th in total yards, 29th in Yards/Pt @ 10.75). Whether this is a knock just to our defense or to our offense's red zone abilities is unknown (79% last year, currently 100% this year). As the year progresses, we'll see if our hybrid MANBALL offense can keep producing like that.
6) This is a work in progress. Denard will get better at making reads from under center. Denard will get better at making the progression of primary covered-->secondary covered--> SCAMBLE! Our team will continue to work on the fundementals. The defense should get more comfortable as they continue to imploy the SAME SYSTEM WEEK TO WEEK. At the end of the season, or even after a couple games against real B1G opponents, we'll see whether or not this offense works any better.
|3 years 25 weeks ago||Cherry picking...||
I hate to break it to you, but our offense wasn't that consistent last year. They were decent in the first half, alternating punts with touchdowns for the most part (5 of the former, 3 of the latter). The second half on the otherhand read like this:
Last minute TD