- Member for
- 8 years 23 weeks
- View recent blog entries
|5 weeks 16 hours ago||Happy Friday||
Perfect Fall weekend on tap - Friday night HS Football playoff game, nice weather for raking a few leaves, watch a Michigan football victory on Sat afternoon.
|6 weeks 16 hours ago||Bang Bang||
Been looking looking forward to this for a long time.
Win with character. Win with cruelty.
GO BLUE !!!
|8 weeks 15 hours ago||Happy Friday||
Have a good bye week all
4 hockey games for me and the kids
Perhaps a beer or two on Staurday night as I cheer on Wisconsin
|11 weeks 15 hours ago||Happy Friday||
Friday a little time away from work for son's hockey tournament
Saturday a little ass kicking vs. Penn State
|12 weeks 15 hours ago||Bang Bang||
I'll bang to that.
Happy Friday All
|12 weeks 5 days ago||Holy Pants what a cluster||
What the hell is it with NFL coaches and not understanding clock managemenet? Taking a TO to stop the clock with 1 minute left and inside the 20??? And then quickly lining up top snap the ball immediately after the ref wound the clock after tha booth review??? The Colts easily could have left the Lions with close to zero time but instead gave them 37 seconds and ll their timeouts.
|16 weeks 14 hours ago||Happy Friday||
|16 weeks 5 days ago||Relax a bit, Hemingway||
While you may not care for the style, the OP wrote a post that included actual facts and an honest questioining of the current situatioin. You wrote a very strong (and might I add "douchey" if it is a word) post alleging something and provided zero evidence to back it up.
|17 weeks 9 hours ago||Not sure on the 1500, but my||
Not sure on the 1500, but my assumption is that it is a remant from the bad ole days when womens events were designed to be less strenuous than mens. Perhaps I'm dating myself a bit, but I can remember the first Olympic women's marathon won by Joan Benoit. It was way back in 1984. That's right, a mere 40 years ago we still didn't let women run a marathon in the Olympics.
|17 weeks 11 hours ago||A couple comments from a||
A couple comments from a former swimmer:
(1) The IM argument isn't realy the best argument to make. Competing in the IM doesn't require some type of additional level of skill, time to train, or effort to be good. In general you can think of it like this: IM swimmers are just swimmers that decide to train for the IM. The winner of the IM events is no more special than the winner of any other event.
(2) Competing and winning in multiple strokes is little more difficult than just swimming one, as a swimmer may find themselves competing against other swimmers that concentrate on only one stroke. For example, Phelps is going up against guys in the 100 Fly that are exclusively Flyers. That being said, there is quite a bit of carryover between Free, Back, and Fly so while it is a bit more impressive its not excactly multi-sport, Bo jackson territory. So we can give Hosszu some props for being a winner in the IMs and the 200 Back (assuming she takes gold).
(3) What is probably the most impressive feat in swimming is being good across muliple and/or large distances (this is the same as track and field). Looking at Ladecky, her gold in the 200 combined with a gold in the 800 is impressive by itself, but when you consider that she holds the WR in 1500 (which they don't have for women in the Olympics) she is a much more impressive swimmer that Hosszu.
By the way, 528.com did a pretty good piece on Ladecky. They looked at historical data across the events she swims and it shows some pretty eye opening thinngs.
|17 weeks 15 hours ago||Bang Bang||
Happy Friday All
Last weekend before I start a new job.
I can smell football in the air.
Great to be alive.
|17 weeks 1 day ago||I think what makes you a bad||
I think what makes you a bad American is that you care about Olympic basketball.
|17 weeks 1 day ago||Another Reason||
I think that in swimming there is another big factor at play and that is the fact that a swimmer's time serves as a de-facto drug test. In baseball, football, and others there is a ton of subjectivity involved when we start suspecting players of doping - "player X gained 35 lbs after his rookie year", "player Y looks way too ripped", etc. Its very hard to be 100% (or even 95%) certain that doping is invloved. With swimming there is an absolute objective measure of performance - the clock. World class swimmers have a long history of competition and swimmers are well aware of each other's times, so when all of sudden a swimmer suddenly sees a huge drop over a short period of time its a pretty dead give away that they were doping.
|19 weeks 14 hours ago||Welcome to the weekend||
Cup of joe at 7:00 AM
Bottle of beer by 5:00PM
Last days of July 2016!!!
|19 weeks 2 days ago||1. Best helmet? U of||
1. Best helmet? PSU
2. Fan of alternate uniforms? No
3. Big Ten favorite? OSU
4. Best mascot? Sparty
5. Loudest stadium? The horseshoe is the loudest I've been to
6. Best locker room? not qualified to answer
7. Coach you'd most like to play for? Fitzgerald
8. Best social media site? My local brewpub
9. Best pre-game music? M-Fanfare / The Victors
10. Do you play Pokemon Go? No
|19 weeks 2 days ago||Sample size||
I get that these types of things are essentially clickbait, but cumong man. A poll of 13 people?
|20 weeks 2 days ago||Please stop drinking and go||
Please stop drinking and go to bed.
. . . and pick another school to root for
|21 weeks 16 hours ago||Good Morning all. Enjoy your||
Good Morning all. Enjoy your upvotes.
Another summer weekend.
Another weekend closer to football.
Cheers to everyone.
|22 weeks 13 hours ago||Bang Bang||
Fridays are good
|22 weeks 5 days ago||Nope. Its a reference to the||
Nope. Its a reference to the Bowl games I attended when I was in school.
|22 weeks 6 days ago||Nice Job Magnus||
Normally I don't post to say thank you, but going into the 4th of july weekend I had to get a couple more points.
|23 weeks 15 hours ago||Pos Bangin' for the USA||
Happy B-day America!!!
Thank you to all that have served our country. Now go get your weekend on!!!
|23 weeks 4 days ago||Ed Davis???||
What's the deal Ed Davis? Have seen a couple posts pointing out that (A) he really doesn't qualify for a 6th year, and secondly, MSU has yet to even put the application into the NCAA. Seems like the rest of the world is taking for granted that he will play this fall.
|24 weeks 16 hours ago||Where are they taking their||
Where are they taking their talents to???
|25 weeks 15 hours ago||Pos Bang Time!!!||
Son's Graduation Open House this afternoon
Probably a beer or three soon after
|26 weeks 13 hours ago||Tis Better to pos bang late||
Tis Better to pos bang late than to never have pos banged at all
|28 weeks 16 hours ago||Happy Memorial Day||
Nothing more patriotic than pos bangin' for the USA. Well, actually, there is . . .
Big THANK YOU to all the men and women that have served or continue to serve our country!!!
|35 weeks 16 hours ago||Opening Day Pos Bang||
|36 weeks 2 hours ago||My Observations||
1. Wyatt Shallman still has the flow goin
2. All your Wanglers and Glasgows are belong to us
3. We got a walk on from Malaysia
|36 weeks 14 hours ago||Happy Friday||
Spring Break, staying in MI, watching the Spring Game