- Member for
- 5 years 10 weeks
- View recent blog entries
|1 week 13 hours ago||Kansas looks like a team that||
Kansas looks like a team that has already lost this game mentally.
|2 weeks 3 days ago||20||
|2 weeks 3 days ago||Thanks. Not really in the||
Thanks. Not really in the mood for hoops just yet though.
|2 weeks 3 days ago||Ugh. The epic IU-Penn State||
Ugh. The epic IU-Penn State battle is the only competitive game on right now. Maybe I'll just listen to the new beats I just downloaded.
|2 weeks 4 days ago||Siemian||
He's not really levitating now, is he? I don't think he's levitating.
|2 weeks 5 days ago||About five years ago, the||
About five years ago, the managing attorney at our law office left for a position at a local law school, and we had to replace her. None of the lawyers on staff wanted the job, because they are all experts or aspiring experts in their particular subject areas and did not want to give up time devoted to casework and advocacy to handle the administrative duties the managing attorney position entails. So, we hired from outside, with the staff interviewing the candidates. Now, for most of the staff members, their opinions on whether particular candidates were acceptable may have been given some weight but was not the decisive factor. There are a few staff members, however, who are generally considered "all-stars" and would be very difficult to replace if lost. If any of those "all-stars" had a problem with a candidate, then that was effectively a veto.
|2 weeks 6 days ago||If you read the linked||
If you read the linked article, the "this was my #1 choice all along" comment appears to be in reference to Harbaugh's decision to accept the job coaching Stanford in 2007 (that is, Stanford was his #1 choice among possible coaching jobs he could have had at that time, not his #1 choice for a place to play college football when coming out of high school).
|3 weeks 1 day ago||I think the potential benefit||
I think the potential benefit of Florida not shopping for a new coach this off-season is a much bigger benefit to M than the potential drawback of not being able to pursue Muschamp as a coordinator. If Muschamp stays at UF, that almost certainly gives M the inside track on Mullen in case we strike out with the Harbaughs.
|3 weeks 2 days ago||They may have the game||
They may have the game circled, but they won't have Kain Coulter.
|3 weeks 2 days ago||I'm a bit surprised we don't||
I'm a bit surprised we don't have a higher probability of winning two. According to my feelingsball numbers, I'd say the chances of winning one more is about 40%, the chances of winning two is about 60%, and the chance of winning three = 100 - (~40) - (~60).
|3 weeks 2 days ago||Harbaugh||
I think the person to deploy those feelers would be the new permanent AD, who hasn't been hired yet.
|3 weeks 2 days ago||I'm curious why you feel that||
I'm curious why you feel that way. Seems to me that John gives us everything Jim does (big name, proven success) but with maybe less baggage. The only advantage I see in Jim is that he's also a proven college coach in addition to pro.
|3 weeks 3 days ago||Why did they change the||
Why did they change the commercial in which the guy hands his burrito to the police officer and asks him to put pepper spray on it? (Now he just says "I like it spicy but not 'uhhl' spicy" and doesn't hold the burrito up). The original version was better.
|3 weeks 3 days ago||I didn't realize Maryland||
I didn't realize Maryland people were so excited about their flag. I thought their thing was crab cakes?
|3 weeks 3 days ago||Well, Your reasoning makes||
Well, Your reasoning makes sense, but I suppose where I disagree is that I think we've already seen enough to judge Hoke as a less-than-capable HC. If it was more of a Rich Rod scenario, where you could conceivably make some changes on the defensive staff and see dramatic improvement, then I'd probably be with you.
|3 weeks 3 days ago||If our recruiting wasn't||
If our recruiting wasn't falling apart, I would agree with you. But given the circumstances, I think a triple or even a double is good enough.
|3 weeks 3 days ago||I don't know how much stock I||
I don't know how much stock I would put into Mattison's statements about not coaching for anyone but Hoke. If he wants to still coach, and the new HC is a guy he can work with, then it keeps him in A2 (near his grandkid) and he gets to coach the kids he recruited at $800K per year (or whatever he's up to).
|3 weeks 3 days ago||Our roster is loaded with||
Our roster is loaded with four-star recruits. A good coach would win with the talent we have. He certainly wouldn't be 3-5 with blowout losses to every decent team he's faced. Hoke is not a good coach. Giving him another year or three will not make him one.
|3 weeks 3 days ago||A good coach doesn't bench||
A good coach doesn't bench his best QB and put in a lousy backup just because things aren't going well and the fans are howling. And look at what's happening to our recruiting class. Hoke must go, no question. But there a plenty of scenarios in which keeping Nuss or Mattison make sense.
|3 weeks 3 days ago||OMG. Penn State recovers a||
OMG. Penn State recovers a Maryland fumble at the edge of FG range--then Hack pulls a Tommy Rees and fumbles while trying to throw a pass, probably costing them a shot at a critical 3 points.
|3 weeks 3 days ago||With 4:03 left in the first||
With 4:03 left in the first half, there is more penalty yardage in the Penn State-Maryland game than combined offensive yardage.
|3 weeks 3 days ago||Penalty-fest in Happy Valley.||
Penalty-fest in Happy Valley. Maryland just had a pick-6 called back for roughing the passer.
|3 weeks 3 days ago||Another factor to consider is||
Another factor to consider is that the Harbaugh at Stanford was not a proven coach. Now he is. If he were to take the M job, I think it would be easier for him to succeed more quickly because his track record will draw top recruits and assistants.
|3 weeks 3 days ago||The 5-0 game was actually||
The 5-0 game was actually pretty exciting, IMO
|3 weeks 3 days ago||Guh. I'm one of the few||
Guh. I'm one of the few people who actually likes Joey Galloway. But a minute ago, Penn State had a 4th & inches from their own 29. Penn State had started their possession after a touchback, so the line to gain was the 30--which is, naturally, painted onto the field. Hackenberg sneaks it and doesn't get far, but the officials signal first down. Galloway says several times the he is "surprised there is no measurement."
|3 weeks 4 days ago||I don't think they'll try||
I don't think they'll try that again. It cost them a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.
|3 weeks 4 days ago||Plus those Maryland helmets||
Plus those Maryland helmets look like NASCAR diarrhea.
|3 weeks 4 days ago||I was going to root for||
I was going to root for Maryland. But now I will root for Penn State, after the Maryland players refused to shake the Penn St. players' hands before the coin flip. Dicks.
|4 weeks 4 days ago||Great diary||
I really enjoyed reading this. I had never heard of the chicken wire cage matches at FSU in the '70s.
|5 weeks 20 hours ago||Affordability||
Obviously we are all concerned about the future of Michigan's marquee athletic programs. But I am glad Brian is endorsing a guy who sees affordability and student funding issues as the key issue facing the regents. As a kid who was able to attend UM in the '90s despite coming from a lower socio-economic background, it concerns me deeply to see access to a UM education slipping further and further away from similarly-situated students of today.