We all know what Kind of person Urban Meyer really is ... he has been caught lying to recruits plenty of times in the past ... he was known for oversigning classes, and then screwing some recruits over at the very end .. and the University of Florida committed the most ncaa violations ever in the history of their program, under Urban Meyer.
We also know he has been out there selling recruits on the fact that he was assurred no more penalties would be handed down, which Bri'onte Dunn also backed in an interview after he confirmed his commitment to Ohio State. But, today Meyer issued this statement:
"I just did a lot of research. I contacted people outside of Ohio State before I accepted the position and I wanted to hear from some trusted people that I have within the NCAA and other people who dealt directly with the NCAA," Meyer said. "It came back--- I wouldn't use the word 'assurance,' because who knows? -- but when you start talking about the overall integrity of the institution, it's a positive. There were some mistakes made that were serious. I haven't had any assurance about what's going to happen."
To me this totally goes back on what he has stated to the current recruits that he has been able to keep at Ohio State, or flip their commitment to Meyer.
I have read that Meyer, in the past, was caught in many recruiting lies which include:
1. Telling Jevan Snead he was recruiting Tim Tebow as a Linebacker. He and his family were assured of this on numerous occassions. It never came out until they spoke with one another and Tebow stated he was assured he was being recruited as a qb. Once they both confronted Meyer he came out and said both were being recruited at qb . Snead then decommitted.
2. Florida was ready to accept the commitment of Patrick Johnson ... although they thought the test score submitted was bogus. When he chose LSU over Florida Meyer immediately had the school flag his test scores, and the LSU compliance dept. was put on notice. The ACT score was eemed legit and Johsnon was able to attend LSU on time.
3. Meyer was recruiting Stonum very hard at the same time Michigan was and Meyer confronted Stonum with some news he said was important. He stated he talked to Coach Carr and Coach Soup, and both had told Meyer that Stonum was a better fit for the Florida spread. Stonum thought he was being sold out by the very coaches who had recuited him to Michigan.
4. The Pouncey's originally committed to FSU and claimed to be lifelong FSU fans. Shortly thereafter they flipped their commitment. This also occured with Percy Harvin, yet he never committed to FSU, just proclaimed to be a lifelong FSU fan. It wasn't until after college in an interview with the Pouncey's did this came out and they admitted all of the Lifelong FSU fan stuff was garbage, and they were all lifelong Florida fans, including Harvin. Meyer wanted them to say this so it would look like he was tearing down FSU, and it would appear this way to future FSU recruits.
5. A famous Urban Meyer quote "But what I didn't want to have happen, and I made this clear to Jeremy (Florida AD), if I am able to go coach, I want to coach at one place, the University of Florida. It would be a travesty, it would be ridiculous to all of a sudden come back and get the feeling back, get the health back, feel good again and then all of a sudden go throw some other colors on my shirt and go coach? I don't want to do that. I have too much love for this University and these players and for what we've built."
There are plenty more sneaky scumbag tactics and quotes out there regarding Urban Meyer .... and we all kow Florida hates him. Could he be exposed this quickly at Ohio State? Can the University get slammed and it come sout immediately that once again Meyer was lying to recuits when he stated he was assured nothing further will happen? In my eyes he admitted to lying today when he satted he hasn't been assured. It's 50/50 for him today. He either gets exposed and then has to try to lie to recruits to get out of the mess, but with his quote today that will be difficult to do. Or, he gets lucky, and nothing further happens. Then he can tell the recruits he knew that all along, and oly told the media he wasn't assured, because the University asked him to do so.
Fingers crossed they get ham,mered and he gets exposed before his career even begins.
If you have some more known sleazy tactics Meyer has been caught using before feel free to share them with us .......... lets hope it all unfolds at 3 PM.