Play the Mattison card on him and steal little sister's best recruit from them. Now that would be sweet. (note - with the Bryant commit UM has passed MSU in team rankings even though UM has 4 fewer commits)
Who's your Hail Mary Recruit?
Or Tyrone Wheatley.
Ok... FOUR THINGS. Those in-the-know, please comment on the following...
1. I was watching ESPN Recruiting yesterday, and it showed Clowney and the short list of five teams he was interested in included was MICHIGAN.... AND that he is extending his recruiting until his birthday mid February, so maybe another two weeks we can get him.
2. the past few days, Coach Hoke while visiting the prospects.... his plane yesterday stopped in COLUMBUS. Who is there?????
3. The plane a few days ago, I think between trips to Phoenix and Chicago, stopped in KANSAS. What big recruit is in Kansas?????
4. Word is we recently offered a guy named Grigsby, but I know nothing of him.
Thus, the Hail Mary recruit, may evolve from those four facts above. Post away folks.
1. Clowney isn't happening. We'd all love for that to be the biggest coup in history but he's a lock to either the local schools or an SEC school. Probably South Carolina.
2. We have 3 commits in the Columbus area. Could have been visiting any one of them.
3. My guess is fuel since it was on the ground for 30 mins.
4. The only Grigsby listed on Rivals is Nicholas Grigsby, a 4* OLB from Trotwood-Madison. Looks like he could be a decent prospect but we've got 3 LB's already and 2 more who have been rumored as silent commits. Wouldn't expect a hail mary to be at linebacker unless it was Thomas or DePriest or something.
thanks for that info, especially on kansas. but one thing on clowney... why would espn have michigan in his short list of five????? i was surprised seeing that, and it appeared it was his most recent data, because they were doing a piece on him and they said he extended his recruitment. this is not a case of wishful thinking, for i did not expect to see michigan listed in his top five, on the tv screen. in fact, it was i think third on the list (but i doubt it was in order of preference).
Because even though ESPN has improved in their recruiting coverage, they're still awful at it. Or it was a misprint.
Maybe he wanted to see Chris Rock Live! I've seen him live, and must say, it's better than TV.
wayne lyons please