Something which a lot of people were missing was that Campbell was not the one getting destroyed at the nose a lot of the time. In fact, when he was single blocked, he often dominated his man, which is a good thing. All that we need from Campbell is that he requires double teams.
The key things to realize are:
- Runs down the middle were blown up
- Long runs were mainly the result of missed tackles by filling LBs in space
- The secondary played lights out. There was a blanket on every receiver.
- Gardner ran as soon as his primary and secondary checks were covered. If he had stayed in the pocket he would have been sacked on a lot of the pass plays
- Gallon and Roundtree have improved considerably in the crispness of their routes
- Black and Clark have lost speed since putting on weight. Clark in particular looks a lot slower than he did last year. We won't be seeing as much speed-in-space as we had expected
- Morgan was ineffective and injured
- Jarrod Wilson has to work on tackling
- Defensive line was playing contain against gardner - when the ends rushed too far upfield he started to run
- Demens played terribly