Some observations about our team coming out of this game. Many of these are not necessarily new observations, but confirmation of prior observations now that we have seen the team in B10 play:
1. Our defense really is as bad as we expected. IU has a good passing attack, no doubt, but they are a 1 dimensional team that can't run for crap. They marched down the field on just about every drive.
1a. We are actually going to win a bunch of games, but to do it, we are going to have to put up 30+ points in every game.
2. We are going to put up a ton of points, regardless of who is on defense.
3. Denard is as good as we all thought ,maybe better. He is a game changer, and runs the 2-minute drill (1 minute this time) as good as any QB.
4. V. SMith is not good. Perhaps he needs more time to fully recover from his ACL injury. He had the 50 yard TD run, but until the 10 yd line, we pretty much just ran through an open hope. He couldn't consistently pick up more than 3 on the worst rushing D we are going to face. WE need Cox to step up if given the chance.
5. Time of possession = irrelevant. Who cares how long it takes to score, so long as you score on just about every drive.
6. Barwis = the real deal. Despite being on the field for more than 2/3 of the game - often in long bunches of time with limited substitutions, the D never looked winded.
7. Gallon needs more time before he is a return man.
8. Always bet on the "over."