One of the more interesting books I've read recently was called "What If". The premise of the book was simple. Take a significant event from history, say the Battle of Midway, and change the outcome. Then ask experts and historians to project what likely would've happened (in the case of Midway it was projected the Japanese would've successfully invaded Hawaii and prolonged WWII into the early 50's).
It's a slow day on the board and rainy day here in Cleveland so I started to think about what the Michigan version of "What If" would look like. Here are a few of mine but I'm sure there are a TON more:
1. What if Bo didn't have a heart attack the night before his first Rose Bowl game?
2. What would the outcome of the 1979 Rose Bowl have been if Charles White's phantom TD had been called correctly?
3. Does Michigan win the National Championship in 88 if Miami doesn't recover not one but TWO onside kicks in the final 5 minutes of the game?
4. What if Moeller doesn't get "Moellered" that night and remains the HC?
5. What if the original Les Miles hire had gone through and he, instead of RR, replaced Lloyd?
6. What if Casteel had come with RR as originally planned?