The value of this is probably nothing other than as a "conversation piece" as I doubt Eric Fisher was showing up on these lists a year ago, but nonetheless, it gives us something to talk about in regards to who draft experts view as the top CFB guys this upcoming season. It does take into account underclassmen declaring early so at least it's better than a list of only seniors. Some highlights:
- Clowney at #1 - because...yeah.
- Taylor Lewan at #4 - scout says he has all the physical traits, needs to improve technique. Can't disagree with that assessment.
- Bradley Roby (OSU) at #8 - sounds about right where the Lions may be picking and a likely a position of need unless Slay gets the job done.
- Ryan Shazier at #21 - 3 B1G prospects in the top 21. Considering the conference only had one 1st rounder this year, I suppose this means good things for the reputation of the B1G.
- AJ Mccarron at #33 - Ken Dorsey, anyone? I see a winner and a solid intangible guy, but an NFL QB? No.
- Ka'deem Carey at #44 - I live out here in AZ now and this guy was electric in RR's zone read. How his skills will translate to the NFL are a bit of a question, ala Steve Slaton.