I like football
VIDEO: Scrimmage Highlights. Frank Clark, Thomas Gordon, Jack Miller Interviews
Do you really love the lamp or are you just saying that because you saw it?
I love desk
I like turtles.
Is this ashtray !!
I really am impressed with all of our players who always seem intelligent and great kids, however, based on this interview I was extremely impressed at how well spoken Jack is. Sounds like he understands exactly what needs to happen for the OL to succeed and speaking from experience, it's damn near impossible to not sound like an idiot with the camera in your face.
Agreed. He seemed very down to Earth. Offensive linemen generally seem like they would be fun guys to hang out with OR they seem like quality human beings.
The videos never have sound on my iPhone, can you post them on your site so I can watch?
The interviews are scheduled to post at noon.
Thank you sir.
They work, I can watch them but there's no sound. I have the volume up so I'm not sure of the problem.
Try listening harder.
Turn your iPhone off vibrate. That happens on mine too for some reason but i get sound if I turn the ringer on.
Mattison is going to have fun with the Clark interview . . .
Why do I have a feeling that our two leading receivers may very well end up being Chesson and Funchess? And if that's the case can we call them the Chess Club?
Also, that is one tenacious defense.
Um...no Gallon? Gardner's favorite receiver last year?
Yeah I know. That's why I called it a feeling and not a prediction. Also, I am really hoping for the Chess Club thing.
Glass half full - we've got an extrodinary run defense.
Glass half empty - we still have no running game.
Derrick Green fills glass - I really hope he can fill that glass...
Towards the end of that Miller interview there were some highlights where there appeared to be some nice running lanes.
Well crap. I'm hoping the DL steps up soon.
That's the first time I've heard Frank Clark speak. Is it just me or does he not look or sound like a guy who would steal a laptop? I'd be interested to hear exactly what happened there. Also goes to show you can't really know these kids from the snippets we get to see.
Oh yeah, I think we're going to be really good this year.
What do people sound like who would steal a laptop?
More like Terelle Pryor. I knew I would get dinged for that but come on. The kid sounds very intelligent. Smart people generally don't steal laptops.
Does this guy sound like he would steal a laptop?
Rich Eisen? Absolutely.
Did he steal a laptop?
Is that a rhetorical question? I thought you could tell by the sound of his voice...
Strong finish sir. You played me like a fiddle on that one. I concede that I have been proven a racist.
Hmm... And that's a problem for you. I'm black.
Well, it's probably more of a problem for you, as that's unfortunately how racism works. That said, he didn't specify he was racist against black people, that was just implied.
Intelligent thieves work for banks and steal people's money.... is that what you are saying? That Frank Clark sounds like a higher class of crook?
Who downvoted this, Linda Green? Frank "I stole a laptop" Clark had to appear in a court of law. John "I vaporized $1.6 billion of my client's money" Corzine remains not only a free man but an active bundler of campaign contributions.
What do people who steal laptops look like?
Not sure how I feel about all the stuffs at the line of scrimmage in the practice video.
Based on scant evidence, but fwiw...
* Clark destroys Schofield in the first play for the safety. I'm gonna take this as another hopeful sign that Clark is ready for a breakout year where he puts it all together.
* Good to see Chris Bryant back out there at OG. Looks like Kalis and Braden are your starting guards for now.
* Jake Butt's gonna be an early contributor this year, I think. Chesson and Darboh are showing some real nice flashes at WR too. Fantastic grab by Chesson for the TD on the last play there.
* Nice PBU by Delonte Hollowell against the much bigger Darboh.
* Mattison's gonna have his guys ready to play, as always. The defense will miss Jake Ryan's playmaking skills, no doubt, but boy, do they still look tough and physical and they fly to the ball. Beyer's looking good at the SAM in these clips, too (though some of that's partly b/c it seems our TEs still need a LOT of work on their blocking).
that the video quality is only 360 p? Does anyone else think this is odd?
On that last Justice Hayes run (about 5:30 into the Miller interview), Schofield was running about 15-20 yards downfield - ahead of Hayes - and picking up DBs. And he looked pretty damn smooth doing it. Taylor might be the best offensive lineman in the country, but I'd say we've got an All-B1G guy at the other end, too. Hell of an athlete, that guy
Hypnotized by Frank Clark's shirt.
went cross-eyed, and suddenly I could make out the figure of a sailboat.
Every DG pass was to the right, small subset but just interesting to not really see him check left at all.
Anyway, love the videos, thanks for posting.
He hit Dileo to the left against Minny, hit Gallon to the left against SC in the bowl game, and had plenty of successes on the left side last year...I'm not even a little concerned. It is natural for a righty to look right more, but DG has a gun that can point both ways.
- Nice to hear from two (Frank Clark and Jack MIller) whom I couldn't recall having heard before.
- Surprised that there was no question about Frank Clark's weight gain and its impact, if any, on his play.
- Seem to recall having seen Jack Miller often staying close to David Molk on the sidelines during the 2011 season. Despite his comment about Molk's "lack of personality," has he been tutored by Molk? If so, what has he learned that is helping him now?
- Taylor Lewan remains the All-American Offensive Lineman and Superior Joker.
- Good response from Thomas Gordon about being all Thomas Gordon, and just some parts of Jordan Kovacs, now that he's expected to be the leader of the secondary . He understands that he has to learn from Kovacs, but also be his own man.
- Didn't hear, "Thanks for your time. Besta Luck." Did I miss something?
I have a good feeling about this year.
I'm sure Devin would like that pass back at the 1:40 mark.
It's nice to watch football highlights. It's nicer knowing we don't play Alabama to start the season.
in a game he probably wouldnt have had a chance to make that throw, you can see the defense stop in his face.
in a game He could scramble or get sacked we will never know, but i dont think the pass would have gotten off in time
thats just what i see
I really liked the Miller Highlight, because it made me feel a little better about our run game, and also because Justice Hayes looked FANTASTIC in the slot. Yeah, it was just one catch and run. Still... shifty. That was predicted for him in the first place. Looking forward to watching him and sticky hands Dilleo become offensive leaders this year.
If you're talking about the play at roughly 5:35, I believe Hayes was working out of the backfield.
I thought so too. The camera angle is too tight to tell where Hayes was lined up, but it looks like a RB screen based on how the linemen are blocking so I'm guessing Hayes was lined up in the backfield to Gardner's right.
Frank Clark needs to get his impersonation of Mattison doing D-line drills on video, then it can be immortalized along with Pipkins; Brady Hoke impersonation
check out the video on michigan's website with Elliot Mealer
I thought it was pretty funny, mostly the end with other players
i dont think it can be imbedded
- DG is going to have one of the best seasons in UM history (top 10). He will get picked in the first round of the 2014 draft. His throws are on the money, he has a great deep ball, and can fit the ball into small windows. Oh...and he can run. He is exactly what the NFL wants right now.
- Darboh and Chesson are weapons on the outside. Gallon will be allowed to work the middle and play some slot. Don't get me wrong--I still expect Gallon to be our leading WR and start on the outside--but those two RS Freshmen look good enough to let Gallon slide inside when go with 3 WR sets.
- Funchess will catch at least 30 balls and 6 TDs...did you see him work out of the backfield? Borges is going to move him around and create mismatches.
- Kalis and Braden will be our starting OGs. I think Glasgow has a slight edge over Miller at OC.
- The running game won't get better without better blocking. None of our RBs looked that great; Drake Johnson looked the most consistent to me. I'm hoping there were plays where there were actual running lanes, but it sure didn't look like there were many holes.
- The defense will be better than last year against the pass and the run. Hollowell appears to be getting a lot of reps and made a GREAT play against Darboh. Bolden is a back-up LB...and he would have been the best player on any of RR's defenses (except for Graham).
- The offense needs a RB, WR, and the interior O-line to step-up. DG will be great. Gallon and Funchess will be very good. We just need one or two more passing threats and some great blocking or RB play.
- The defense looked very, very good. When they got beat it was on amazing plays in tight windows, and they made some great plays against well-executed offense.
The good news is the M offense probably won't go up against a better run stopping defense all season.
Saying DG will have a top 10 season passing-wise isn't really saying a ton. We've only been throwing the ball for like 30 years, and the last 5 haven't been anything spectacular in that respect.
After looking it up, DG would need to throw for 2,509 yards to match the 10th most yards in a season, which is Todd Collins in 1993. That's certainly doable. 193 yards per game, assuming we play 13 games. If we play 14 it would be 180.
EDIT: After reading over the record book for a bit, it's interesting how few real passers Michigan has had (mostly due many of them being multi-year starters and us not passing much before Gary Moeller). Tate Forcier ranks 14th all time in passing yards at Michigan. If DG throws for 2,804 yards this year (which is aggressive but certainly plausible) he'd move into 10th all time. He only needs 1,514 to be 11th, which is almost a given, barring injury.
Allow me to up the ante...I believe he'll have a top 5 passing season. That equals AT LEAST 2,637 passing yards and 23 passing TDs.
EDIT: I would actually say top 3 - 2,744 yards and 25 TDs
That would be awesome, and I really can't disagree with you because I think it's entirely possible. Some of that will depend on how our WR corps turns out, but early returns are encouraging.
that Brady Hoke has. Also looks like a younger Brady too.
That everyone is wearing knee braces? I wonder if that's always been the norm, or if the latest knee injuries have made it so that everyone needs to wear one.
For OL, that's always been the norm.
Smart. Outgoing. Leader.
Smart. Outgoing. Leader.